How to deal with guys betting big and hard on every street and often?

Sergiy777

Sergiy777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I Have Good Cards - Call/Raise, If I Don't - Fall!

H

hcpalli

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
3 bet them for 3 times their initial raises with things like suited connectors and pairs. Use lots of check raises OOP. Bully them back but be sure to get away if they have the balls/nuts to put you all in. Re steal all in with any pair above 10s.

H

hcpalli

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Or just wait till you have nuts and play passive and let them bet their stack off

coolDadJimbo

coolDadJimbo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
....if it was a tourney i might be inclined to tighten up, wait for a big hand, limp and then shove to his re-raise... he might call and you double up... or he folds and is less likely to try such a play on you later...

if it's cash, i would either wait for a big hand and play to trap... tank on every raise like you're calling 2nd pair, then check/raise on the river... or, simply switch tables

whether my call is +EV, i tilt when losing to these players....

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As others are saying, play tight, let them bet into your big hands. Fighting back with air often backfires because these very LAG players will put all their chips in the middle with junk knowing you can't call them reasonably most of the time.

I love to trap these players but I wouldn't recommend that strategy starting out because you've got to be able to read the board since LAGs often play with very wide ranges and can pick up/willing to gamble to improve their 64o on the turn lol.

So overall just stick with a tight strategy. They'll run into your big hand sometimes and that makes up for the times they pushed you off your missed flops and weak pairs.

PK_ing

PK_ing

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How I deal with big betters: if i have good cards, i let them bet and try to "trap them", and not have a raising battle with them.
Sooooooo much this ^ If you ever see someone constantly c-betting, trying to steal blinds, donk betting, check raising, etc, and you hit a big hand, just play it like youre weak/giving up on the pot or make it seem like youre trying to go for a small bluff of your own (players like this seem to be fairly stubborn in my experience). Just let them overbet/raise you then get it in gud. Half the time they either snap fold or call with a low pair/drawing hand or even ace high lol.

steve22055

steve22055

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had a player like this in a game the other night sitting to my left. Hero is sb position and villian in bb. I have pocket aces and no one calls. I limp in preflop knowing that villian is going to at least 3x bet. Sure enough, he does. I 3x bet his raise and he calls. Flop hits a set for hero and I check. He's all in and I snap call taking it down and leaving him with scraps to play with. I was accused of slow playing but in my opinion trapped a lag and got him off all of our backs. He was out shortly after and I went on to finish ITM.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wait until you get a hand and value pone, also you can increase your bet sizing if the villan is stationy.

S

Sorin Iliescu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wait until you get good hands and try playing the same as always, maybe a little more passive and trap them. There are a lot of players who spew their chips this way

I

Izazul

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great answer, i like that, more aggressive less passive play.

S

samgrizzle

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion wait until you have a good hand and reraise them big.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love these situations.

I like to pick a spot with a pair and if I'm not isolated with the aggressor then I am just set mining.

But often I can let the aggressor isolate me and then I just call him down every street with my pocket pair and just hope that he doesn't hit a bigger pair.

They will be very surprised to see you turn up a small pocket pair for a large pot.

Position doesn't matter if I am determined to call his bluff all the way down to the river.

Good luck !

PokerDragon99

PokerDragon99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play tigther until you have good hand cards, no need to bluff. You will get him with tigth ABC play.

Thats a calling station for good hands, also no need for AG play yourself

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find that players like that will slow down a little when against me after I push them back hard a couple of times . But you need to do it with premiums . Good luck .

G

Gambit123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How I deal with big betters: if i have good cards, i let them bet and try to "trap them", and not have a raising battle with them.

Same. Player tighter and trap them.try not to bloat pot unless you have it.

NBDG8477

NBDG8477

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play live more then online and for me if a person or persons are calling me non stop I want to have it more often then not and if there raising every street I want to have it as well you most likely have Givin these people the impression that your an easy target so for me I would adjust how you play with them and change it up on how you play certain hands with them ..they will eventually slow down and change there way versus you good luck pal.

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars