TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i'll subscribe if youc ome to tandad w/me

I'll let you subscribe when you can use the letter "c" correctly

(Y) rungood pics. cringing in anticipation for the day where you think itd be funny to spolier some gay shit lol

:cool:

my fold Cbet stat is <40% slightly. the logic being that a) people flop pairs 30% of the time, and b) people fire only 1 barrel a LOT. so ye 2secs to check their turn barrel freq, and then float away

this is for 6max though obv, not sure whether you should be floating more cos your range is stronger, or if you should be floating less cos their range is stronger for FR

Ya like I said I do float a lot but going to run a filter after the next few days to see how I'm doing there

G

GWU73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You really need to tighten up in the blinds a lot and be a believer. It is better to lose 1 bb or 1/2 bb than several. Plug this leak and you will run positive. After you get that down then see what you can do. Your blinds play is clearly what is killing you.

Last edited:
WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You really need to tighten up in the blinds a lot and be a believer. It is better to lose 1 bb or 1/2 bb than several. Plug this leak and you will run positive. After you get that down then see what you can do. Your blinds play is clearly what is killing you. If you folded 100% of your blinds your loss on the blinds would total 17 bb/100: much less than you are losing in each blind.
This is wrong. If you folded every hand from the blinds loss rates would be 100bb/100 from the BB and 50bb/100 from the SB. Those stats are per 100 hands FROM THAT POSITION, not per 100 hands overall.

A

Aaron_S_Donk

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you may have already said this, bt what site do you play on? because im from the us and trying to find a consistent site to play on

G

GWU73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Got it, I actually fixed immediately. You were fast. Main point was good. Blinds are his only losing positions, and they are losing more than all the others are making. Personally I shoot for a VPIP similar to my early position. Most players incorrectly think they should play as loosely in the blinds as in late position.

JCgrind

JCgrind

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm pretty sure the main problem you're havig is calling 3x opens out of the SB with like 68s and hands like that when theres a caller ahead of you. Try and stick to only getting involved with the suited Connectors and gappers with an open and 3 other callers before you. Alternatively just dump them, cos FRers don't get their stacks in on flushes without nut flushes

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is wrong. If you folded every hand from the blinds loss rates would be 100bb/100 from the BB and 50bb/100 from the SB. Those stats are per 100 hands FROM THAT POSITION, not per 100 hands overall.
Actually though Tyler IS losing more from the blinds than he would be if he folded every hand because those stats are in BB/100!!! That's horrible! Loss rates there should be half of your current rates. How in the hell are you managing that?

benevg

benevg

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You really need to tighten up in the blinds a lot and be a believer. It is better to lose 1 bb or 1/2 bb than several. Plug this leak and you will run positive.
Most players incorrectly think they should play as loosely in the blinds as in late position.

you do realize Tyler has at least 2-3k hands of HU play, do you not? and a lot more very shorthanded. (look up the number of hands for each position... ) :confused: in those conditions, you can't really afford to fold all that often.

that said, Tyler, learn to play short-handed better! :D

(edit) Let me do the actual math. apparently, when you are HU, there are just the SB and BB positions. Then they add the Button, UTG and CO in some order, MP and then UTG+1.
7.1 k hands each on the blinds.
6 k on the button
avg 5.5 k hands on the next 2 positions
5.3 k MP
5k utg+1
3.8k mp+1
1.7k utg+2

So, out of 47k hands:
~ 15.3k were 9-handed (less than 1/3!)

~2.2k HU
~1.5k 3-handed

Last edited:
G

GWU73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did not notice many HU hands, but that dynamic should have reduced the losses, not increased them, especially in the small blind, where he would have position post flop. The losses, if HU further represent a need to improve blinds play, and possibly determine if HU is his a strength or weakness. Every other position was green. You may have accidentally found the problem.

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IN. Good luck Tyler.

I'm not a FR player but I'll input if I can.

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
gl dude, lol'ed at some of your comments, funny guy

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In.

skype me tomorrow or if you're on at like 1am+ my time tonight and we can go through some stats of yours if you want?

Pretty weird but a lot of your stats look kinda similar to mine, fold to flop cbet is good fwiw, and stealing is probably slightly more successful at FR so if anything it should be higher than at 6max, think i might steal a bit more than you but 40% looks totally cool.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In.

skype me tomorrow or if you're on at like 1am+ my time tonight and we can go through some stats of yours if you want?

Pretty weird but a lot of your stats look kinda similar to mine, fold to flop cbet is good fwiw, and stealing is probably slightly more successful at FR so if anything it should be higher than at 6max, think i might steal a bit more than you but 40% looks totally cool.
You also lose more from the blinds than you would by folding every hand???

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You also lose more from the blinds than you would by folding every hand???

Haha, wtf tyler? I havent read any of the above comments apart from the first few but no i dont thankfully, if thats the case with tyler then there should be some pretty easy fixes! I cant get my head around why that would be the case with though, unless tyler is mashing buttons when he see's himself in the blinds.

I do have a lot of points for you though tyler, but i do want some pics of yourself sent over to me in exchange

Ducky7

Ducky7

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In a similar boat, can crush 50nl but keep running bad as im about to move up. Ego gets in my way a whole lot too, so i should be doing the same thing aswell, and just being told im shit and improving ha.

Best of luck

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks!

Sorry deuces, this is where we end our relationship.

Just caught this, sorry to hear it. I guess our family reunion's will be akward now, since I'm marrying your sister and all

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In.

Acky, What plans do you have for your hand if your fold cb is in the 40's. Are you basically looking to bet once it's checked to you, r/r turns. I mean you cant always be semi bluffing in situations like this with decent equity? I dunno, in zoom it seems like regs just double and triple barrell at will. Obv that might just be versus me coz I'm a reg fish lol!

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Acky, What plans do you have for your hand if your fold cb is in the 40's. Are you basically looking to bet once it's checked to you, r/r turns. I mean you cant always be semi bluffing in situations like this with decent equity? I dunno, in zoom it seems like regs just double and triple barrell at will. Obv that might just be versus me coz I'm a reg fish lol!

Well just the usual, floating and raising in the right spots, but i dont do anything special, i dont fight for every pot by any means and my numbers always below 50. A big part of my game now is avoiding being exploitable in lots of spots, I had a very good midstakes coach/friend go over my stats not long ago and i remember him saying that my fold to cbet was right where it should be (pretty sure it was around 42 then)
Hmm the 6max zoom games at 100 do seem quite aggro sometimes, how are you getting on there?

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well just the usual, floating and raising in the right spots, but i dont do anything special, i dont fight for every pot by any means and my numbers always below 50. A big part of my game now is avoiding being exploitable in lots of spots, I had a very good midstakes coach/friend go over my stats not long ago and i remember him saying that my fold to cbet was right where it should be (pretty sure it was around 42 then)
Hmm the 6max zoom games at 100 do seem quite aggro sometimes, how are you getting on there?

I just need to stay away form 6max full stop. Just looked over my database for this year. I'm an ok winner at full ring upto 100nl, but a substantial loser at 6max. I really need to stop fuking around with it and stay at full ring.

Unfortunately I prefer Zoom as its so easy to get started, but there are no games running at 100nl zoom fr anymore which is crazy.

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah its so nice to not have to search the lobby for tables every 30 seconds, i still add in normal tables but i cant help but just open 2-4 zoom tables, although yeah, its usaully 100nl 6max only now cause 100 FR stopped running completely after full tilt opened :(

I think the 6m zoom games are quite tough at 100nl though, i'm pretty convinced that theyre tougher than regular 100nl games anyways, i mean the biggest fish you come across in a nights session will be like 20/8 lol. i definitely dont see myself playing 200 there any time soon :(

B

Big_Rudy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Won't be able to grind today through Friday because of family, turkey, and work (I work 1130pm Thursday night to 7am then 3pm-9pm on Friday :( ) but going to be watching DC vids when I can and most importantly closing out all other windows I have open and logging off of skype since I'm an addict to it.

blonda_hot-1024x768.jpg

159Ali_Landry_1_.jpg

942ebns_hot_girl_of_the_d.jpg

Finally. A CC thread with some quality content:D . Subbed, obv:)

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you may have already said this, bt what site do you play on? because im from the us and trying to find a consistent site to play on

Lock

IN. Good luck Tyler.

I'm not a FR player but I'll input if I can.

Thanks!

gl dude, lol'ed at some of your comments, funny guy

Thanks!

In.

Skype date coming soon :love: :eating:

In a similar boat, can crush 50nl but keep running bad as im about to move up. Ego gets in my way a whole lot too, so i should be doing the same thing aswell, and just being told im shit and improving ha.

Best of luck

Thanks! You can let your ego go in my thread as well :)

Just caught this, sorry to hear it. I guess our family reunion's will be akward now, since I'm marrying your sister and all

Could be awkward your right. But dreams and fantasies normally don't last that long so we should be fine

Finally. A CC thread with some quality content:D . Subbed, obv:)

AMIRITE? Plenty more to come :p

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So apparently I'm a fish in the blinds! I think in general I just think about the stealing range of the opponents and base my calling range off of that. But I'm not like flatting J9o oop even though its probs ahead equity wise vs their range

This is my stats filtered for 7-9 players

frstats.png

frstats1.png

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe I should get better at short handed............................