fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hopeless, fkn hopeless....

OK, perhaps somewhat amusing...BUT......

Cat is a given.....

tits, well, that seems to be more and more of an issue.......................

slowhand

slowhand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To OP. If you know what your doing wrong you just need to do it, no one can help you with that. Track your progress carefully and ser how being disciplined helps your bank roll.

A

A9ofHearts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find in the early stages of a low buy in tournament I usually do better if I play a flash game or something in between hands and just fold everything but the big hands. I know this is pathetic, but when I watch the table to much i tend to play to many hands early on. Later on in the tournament I usually watch the table the whole time, but early on I find it hinders me more than helps me. I think lack of patience is my biggest down fall in poker and is something I'm trying to over come. You might want to just play for a smaller amount of time and then take a break, figure out what your attention span is and only play for that amount of time. When you start making bad plays just stop for awhile and do something else.
Hopefully this will help you some.

K

kmbpoker

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
just to be clear. i never said you cant make money multi table. i personally know a player who made half a mil playing huge stake single tables at party poker before they left usa. my point is at 60 plus hands an hour , if you are putting the proper attention t whats going on at the table where is the boredom.

I

inflnlte

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Less tables is a must to jump up your profits. Concentrate on 1 or 2 tables and always think when its your turn to make a decision. Check, bet, raise and how much - everything should be thought out. You should know who you are playing against and when you play too many tables, you can end up concentrating on just your hand and the board.

A

A9ofHearts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Less tables is a must to jump up your profits. Concentrate on 1 or 2 tables and always think when its your turn to make a decision. Check, bet, raise and how much - everything should be thought out. You should know who you are playing against and when you play too many tables, you can end up concentrating on just your hand and the board.

I'm new to poker, but I will say that's pretty fundamental.
+1

D

DunningKruger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Less tables is a must to jump up your profits. Concentrate on 1 or 2 tables and always think when its your turn to make a decision.

In regard to one's hourly, I'd argue the opposite is true. Once enough experience is gained, your game's foundation is well established, and you realize that 90% of poker decisions during most common spots that arise are simple and essentially automatic, then it's adding tables which becomes a must at that point to increase the money you're making. Oh and it goes without saying but an HUD helps a great deal too.

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your breaking even? ... Well perhaps your playing too many marginal hands and getting caught out?...

Why not have a look at your winning hands and seeing if your getting full value? perhaps your not getting paid off as well and people are reading ur money hands? everyone focus's on losing hands but winning hands could be costing you as well.
Perhaps you just need to tighten up a lil and your games getting a bit sloppy, maybe be a rock for the next 10k and loosen up a lil as you get more and more confident and outplay ppl

Huds are just stats... great players mix their poker up all the time making the HUD old news. But in micro's i found it extremely useful.

T-Dubs82

T-Dubs82

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when i first got started o these many years ago, i actually put post its on my monitor as reminders. such dumb ass things as "Dont call if you're beat" and "dont tilt....breathe."

K

kmbpoker

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
so when playing multi tables what u are doing is only play ABC hands and using math to determine continuing in the hand. is this what you are saying

A

aircasar9876

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if he has add seriously i can completely see why he cant play 1 table. i have it and i have to play 3 or 4. no more than 4 though. i cant figure out how u can play like 10 tables at once. my advice is that you need to make sure you have enough sleep otherwise you zone out and bleed chips. also huge key is to make big lay downs. or folds pre even. those hands like qj or 910 suited are probably the hands that u r bleeding chips on. i was always playing those and if im in a slump i get really tight

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you cant handle playing a lot of tables, fine. But the attitude "You cant make money on multi tabling" is simply wrong. It takes a different approach, and adjustments have to constantly be made, but it has nothing to do with waiting for cards. BTW, I am over 50, so it also not necessarily the "new generation", although it is more widespread among younger players.

Anyway, @OP. IDK if you have ADD, but what you spoke about could have to do with normal mental fatigue or simple impatience. Try to see if there is any connection to your chasing and calling bad and being card dead or having a bad session overall. It could just be tilt, pure and simple, and that is actually what I suspect. (Tilt is much more than just being steamed, if you weren't aware of that already).

If you get bored with 4 tables, but are BE at 9, try to cap at 6. Only play more when you are on your game. If you notice you are making bad calls and chasing, then you are tilting. Simply take a break. It doesn't have to be long. But if you cant rein your tilt in, you have to remove yourself for a while at least IMO.

Try to pay attention to hands you are not in, it solves a lot of boredom problems, as well as making you a better hand reader. Never underestimate how much this can help your game overall.
THIS +1. fletchdad thats some great advice man and i agree with you fully.i also enjoy reading your posts as they are well written and its obvious you put alot of thought into them.keep it up man!:congrats:

ReptillianAgenda

ReptillianAgenda

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL you gotta play even tighter when you play 6 tables at once..
Make the variance slim away tahtway better, sometimes you gotta fold those blind hands...

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Try posting your stats ITT or elsewhere so that some of the stats-wizzes can take a look and see if perhaps you are making some obvious leaks across the board.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play fewer tables... I mean if you think you have ADD why are you playing 6 at a time?

Use a handtracker. This helps a lot. I've bumped up my win rate to about 7 BB/100 at 4NL since using it. Beats going by memory.

No shame in keeping the pot small when you run into aggression. Just calling is ok if your hand has showdown value. Don't be afraid to mix up bet sizing depending on hand strength. Most villains at micros ain't paying attention. They don't even know what is pot odds!

There's also no shame in being passive with speculative hands at micros. The fact is that fold equity is almost non-existent at micros so you want to see the flop cheaply and punish the fishs when you've got it. Don't worry about mixing up your play, they are too stupid to notice anyway.

I see so many geniuses "bluff" and then get angry at the "donk" for calling their retarded river bluff when anyone with half a brain knows the fish ain't folding his pair of 9s no matter what the board looks like.

Also, on any given hand there's no set way to play it. It all depends on the villain.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some of the things others have said here is good. Play less tables. Spend more time making reads and taking notes so you can keep your mind active. Guess what hands people have when you're out of a pot.

Find some training you can afford so you can get more confidence in your game. If you don't have money to invest, find some good free training like here:
http://acepokersolutions.com/Free_poker_training.php

Make sure you're taking good breaks, and eating well also.

A

A9ofHearts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's also no shame in being passive with speculative hands at micros. The fact is that fold equity is almost non-existent at micros so you want to see the flop cheaply and punish the fishs when you've got it. Don't worry about mixing up your play, they are too stupid to notice anyway.

I see so many geniuses "bluff" and then get angry at the "donk" for calling their retarded river bluff when anyone with half a brain knows the fish ain't folding his pair of 9s no matter what the board looks like.

very true. I would even go so far as to say that there is hardly any such thing as bluffing at micros, only throwing chips away with a bad hand. once in a while a bluff works, but not often enough to be worth the losses when they don't.
obviously there are times when a bluff is a good idea, but for me personally I've found bluffing to be my biggest leak.