Holdem Charts

R

RazzleDazzle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe it was this years National Heads NBC challenge that I was watching when Andy Bloch mentioned that when he first started playing, he made several charts, which I presumed contained the odds of certain hands winning.

I searched the internet to find a similar chart and found a chart that shows you the preflop odds of winning assuming X number of people play their hand. I was wondering everyones opinion on using a chart like that as a guide. It would seem logical to throw away a hand that heads up has less than a 50% chance of winning because even if you catch a hand the first time, in the long run, the odds will catch up with you... Of course, if you change your betting pattern, and only bet with hands that have good odds and limp with ones that aren't great, you change the long term outcome, which is why im not sure how to play hands like that.

It reminds me of Black Jack because Bloch was on the black jack team at MIT, provided you dont count cards, even if you play a flawless game, in the end, the odds catch up to you and you end up losing because the house has like a 1% or something like that

Live Dealer Holdem - Texas Holdem Poker Rules