Have you ever seen this?

Dennis C

Dennis C

Total posts
I just played in a tourney on poker stars and I saw something I've never seen in my life. Now I know that any and everyone could have a pocket pair, but usually the lower ones will fold with a pre-flop raise. Now I was first one to call big blind and did so with A-10 suited. Then the raising and the all in madness took over. By the time it got back to me 3 people are all-in. I fold. Next thing I know 6 people are in. When there cards are reveled I could not believe what I was looking at. I saw 6 pocket pairs. Aces, Kings, Jacks, Nines, Eights, And Twos. The best part of watching this hand was seeing A/K/2 on the flop, J on 4th, and the fourth deuce on the river. Wow, what a hand. Now tell me, if your sitting in a $10 SnG with 22 would you have called?:)

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Total posts
Wow! Like watching Evel Knievel jump 20 cars. Pass the popcorn!

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Total posts
LOL like watching a 5 way cross roads when 5 cars come, nobody is going to stop.

But 2's? Depends on whom initiated the all-in.. still can't see 2's all-in unless they were 1st to make that decision and that is a big if.

Tammy

Tammy

Administrator
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
I would've folded pocket 2's so fast, you would have thought they were on fire. Now, in my very early noob days...well, I'm ashamed to admit that I probably would have went all-in. :p

Dennis C

Dennis C

Total posts
Well we got Evil Knievel jumping 5 cars at the crossroad and all the while Juicee is all-in, in her younger days of course.LOL For the record The twos were first to raise and third to call the all-in.

X

xdmanx007

Legend
Total posts
Well I apparently need to move up my buyin from 5 to 10 at stars I might have actually had a chance in that 1! But no I wouldn't have called with dueces.

C

chicubs1616

Total posts
In my opinion, the people who called all-in with 99 and 88 made bad plays as well as the player who should stop playing poker (call several all-ins with 22...). Unless these players were short-stacked, calling(or pushing with a lot of action beforehand) is not a good idea. Almost every time you will be shown a PP above yours and at the very best you are up against a hand like AK, AQ.

Depending on where the player with JJ was in the action, his call of an all-in could be incorrect as well... If he was at least the 2nd or 3rd caller, he made a big mistake...

An actual hand history would be nice...

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Total posts
Awards
:eek: Wow, what are the odds of that? (no,s eriously. Can anyone figure out the odds of that?) As much as I like A, 10, I would have folded with six people going all in. Sure, it's tremedous pot odds but the odds of you winning are slim. It's a good thing you did too!

C

chicubs1616

Total posts
On a sidenote... limping with A-10s being the first player to enter the pot is not a good idea...