Guess the hand, win the prize!

LD1977

LD1977

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Deadline has passed. I must say I was surprised at low turnout, fully expected someone to bink this after guesses get more extravagant.

But you guys mostly ignored that he is a fish with wide range + I said it is hard and went with logical hands :D Also, he might feel pot committed so he calls all sorts of crap on the flop too. I would weigh it heavily towards all flush draws considering preflop ranges.

Only hands that can reasonably flat that massive 4bet are KK and AA, but since this is a fish his range here can be:
- all pairs
- all Axs and even all Ax
- all SC
- potentially all suited and even unsuited Broadways ('cause what is domination)
- for whales: all suited gappers + ATCs for real degens

Anyway, in case someone is interested in preflop action:
- SB is squeezing wide here since he sees the fish.
- I 4bet basically to take it down preflop since SB folds almost his entire range. I don't think much about what the fish has but they love flatting so I make the 4bet big so SB doesn't overcall and then if I miss someone is bound to hit something. Making it lets say 6$ is stupid since fish calls and suddenly SB might start thinking he likes the odds.

Situation ends up ideally, SB folds and fish arrives to the flop and is pot committed :D I shove and expect to get calls from nuts (rarely), underpairs (where I have around 25% equity) but also a lot of weaker unpaired Aces (often) and random garbage that can't fold.

MP3 has 4
diamond.gif
diamond.gif
for double backdoor draw (and 2 "live" undercards) ;):congrats:
Outcome: Hero won $48.46

Well this was fun!

Lessons learned:
1. There is little difference between 2NL fish and 25NL fish
2. Don't waste time ranging them
3. Pot commit them early and often ;)
4. Have a deep BR so you can ride the variance

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
agree with 1, 2 i strongly disagree with

punctual

punctual

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
US players woudl like to participate too...we can't play on Full Tilt though...:(

darkassassin89

darkassassin89

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it wasnt about the money for me. I wanted to figure it out :D

LD1977

LD1977

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I might do this again in the future, who knows :p

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yea please do it again, but at least dont make it this hard. Its like totally impossible for anyone to have put him on that.

So there was no winner?

Staneff

Staneff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It looks like he has AK spades but this 47d was a surprise

Last edited:
LD1977

LD1977

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Vinyl - I figured someone is bound to hit it via SC route (not specifying the exact suits) but since not many people tried and everybody went for logical answers it never happened. Also I may have misestimated how people see fish... I rose through the ranks 2NL upwards and I saw quite a few along the way :p

No winner this time.

BTW, I saw at least two answers that included cards that were on board :D kinda hard to hit the correct hand that way.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Vinyl - I figured someone is bound to hit it via SC route (not specifying the exact suits) but since not many people tried and everybody went for logical answers it never happened. Also I may have misestimated how people see fish... I rose through the ranks 2NL upwards and I saw quite a few along the way :p

No winner this time.

BTW, I saw at least two answers that included cards that were on board :D kinda hard to hit the correct hand that way.

its all good man. i was kidding anyways. This was a very interesting competition though. Do another one man. looking forward to it. if i had won i would donate the winnings to someone else anyways as im still self excluded on stars . :p

LD1977

LD1977

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This was actually to be paid via FTP transfer. I am clearing FD bonus on Stars and can't send funds to people.

R

redwards92

never going to move up
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i had the right idea with 67o though lol :laugh:

LD1977

LD1977

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yup :) but then others didn't follow :p also 72ss was a good try.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands