Going to play poker "full time" for 4 months

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can play 12 tables at 25nl and still beat it for like 4BB+/100 I think :)

25nl is real soft so yeah, up the tables to at least 6, preferably 8.

Cafeman

Cafeman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I could possibly believe that you could yes!

I'm mostly talking to those on CC who never get anywhere while pissing about trying to get tonnes of volume in.

BvBrMTW

BvBrMTW

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah my plan was actually to move to 6 tables soon, and later to 8, not really looking to play more than that for now, and When I beat the game over a decent sample playing 8 tables, I'll move up to 50NL I guess.

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
id reccommend sticking to 6-8 too when you get there, rushing up the tables is just bad for your game and winrate and mental health usually

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
says the 2 FR players.. don't FR players play way more tables anyway?

S

ScottishMatt

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They need to. Lest they suffer from apathy.

Yoshimiii

Yoshimiii

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys,

I'm 18 and currently still in high school, but I've got a break for 4 months now, (I'm graduating next year).
I've been playing poker for the last couple of months, and I'm enjoying it more and more. I'm a slight winner at 25nl 6-max, and playing it since the 1st of march, I've lost a lot last month partly due to tilt, playing when tired, and obviously lack of skill.
Now I've studied quite a lot the last weeks, and feel like I'm finally beating these games, (playing with a bb/100 of 6, playing 4 tables, this month.) Now obviously it isn't really a big sample, but it's a start.

Anyways, I still live with my parents and I lack motivation to go find a job or something like that for the next couple of months.
So I'm going to grind and study poker until next schoolyear, my goal is to play around 40-50 hours each week, included studying.

Anyways, I made this post to ask for tips, I want to set a goal which I'll try to reach before next schoolyear, (in terms of profit and stake)
So what would be a reachable goal? (for example beating 50NL at a bb/100 of 5, playing 8 tables).
Also what training site would you recommend? deuces cracked/BFP/Cardrunners?

And if you got any other kind of tips/advice, please tell me =)
thanks!

Hey, I'm also 18, going to uni next year, I also refuse to get a part time job (too lazy) :). I play 10nl as I had to drop down because I took 70% of my bankroll out for an ipad. Also I recommend deuces cracked, I use it and it's good. We should definitely help each other ^^. Gl.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
TBO, I thought that stood for The Bone's Hard, hmmmmmm

Like my wife will ask "Should we do it now?" And I say "TBH" and off we go....

GL OP. Sounds like you are in good shape mentally to do this. You are young and certainly should give it a shot if that's what you want to do. And if it dont work out like you want, well, IMO its better to say "Didn't work out" instead of "I wish I would have tried it"

BvBrMTW

BvBrMTW

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, first month is over, it went kind off different than expected tho..
As you can see in the graph, everything started out pretty well, but when variance kicked in I kind of lost my self control, and my results went down rapidly.. (1st graph)
So I started to really doubt myself, and I decided to take a short break from poker (this was around 2 weeks ago, a little bit less I guess,)
After 2/3 days I decided to spend the rest of the month trying out some small field mtt's, and investing time in studying them,, i got a decent result out of them, but it's a really small sample obv. (2nd graph)

I don't really know wheter I should stick to cash or mtt's from now on, for now I think I'll stick with mtt's tho, because I seem to enjoy them more,
Also it allows me to control myself better, as I can sometimes really tilt like a monkey,
Playing mtt's I encounter way more suckouts and bad beats, and I think this might be good for me.

Attachments

• 25nl april 2013.jpg
    25nl april 2013.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 66
  • MTT april 2013.jpg
    MTT april 2013.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 66
acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh dear... you do realise many tourney pros who play way more tournies than you will can go for years without any serious cashes? I hope you aren't depending on making an income these 4 months just incase.

BvBrMTW

BvBrMTW

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh dear... you do realise many tourney pros who play way more tournies than you will can go for years without any serious cashes? I hope you aren't depending on making an income these 4 months just incase.

Yes I know the variance is insane, and again, it's not about the money for me, i want to learn the game and enjoy playing it.
Tho, I play 45 mans solely atm, and variance isn't that big there, so with an ROI between 10-20% a pretty steady (but very small) profit should be possible.
I'll just play them for 1 or 2 more weeks, and then I'll have to choose.