Getting raised in the turn always set?

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have noticed that when flop has two hearts for example and opponent has set they don’t always raise on flop. Have you seen this?

Hero AK in position

Flop A J 4 two hearts

I c bet they call. Turn 6 clubs blank I bet again, then raise huge!!

Seems to always be a set. Thoughts?

P

pkr998

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not Exactly

Its called floating. When villain has a hand with equity or a semi strong hand considering the board, they tend to just call the flop to probe your strength at the point in time. On the turn they will tend to make moves on you with say a pair and a flush draw, a flush draw, a set, or any other draw. The turn is where they are most able to accurately represent a hand and get you to fold. So, there is a good chance they might also be bluffing.

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its called floating. When villain has a hand with equity or a semi strong hand considering the board, they tend to just call the flop to probe your strength at the point in time. On the turn they will tend to make moves on you with say a pair and a flush draw, a flush draw, a set, or any other draw. The turn is where they are most able to accurately represent a hand and get you to fold. So, there is a good chance they might also be bluffing.

Can’t say I have ever seen a player do bluff on the turn, maybe at higher stakes, low stakes can’t see them doing this move with anything else. Always a set good post thanks

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Turn is a betting street. The seriousness of intentions is always shown on this street. The raise here is needed to narrow the opponent's range. Some players can raise with a top pair or two pairs if there is a flush draw or a straight draw on the board. To make the opponent with the worst odds pay. It is not necessary that the player has a set.
As for your example, I'll raise here to see if you have at least an ace or draw. It will be easier for me to make a decision with this information on the river.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Gathering as much information as possible about the opponent is important and raising on the turn can say a lot about what the opponent has

Bnobob

Bnobob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
THE BIG Game

betting a lot depends on how much we have in bb lose 20% of the stack after the flop is not a good move:deal::cool:

B

BeatMaster2020

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's really a situational thing because pokers about reading your opponent and fates changing at the turn of a card and also individual tendencies and minds at work so it really depends on a lot of things why your opponent is raising and it can be anything.

D

dukgen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As others have stated gaining information on the turn, or a bluff. It can also save them from your bet on the river if you decide to call their check raise on the turn.