free roll tournament strategy

toned14

toned14

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Help

Its a strategy I've tried and yea it works, Last night I was down to the last 350, they were giving the final 250 seats to the weekly $1000 free roll (Full Tilt)

I had 25k, most others had double or more bar a two others, our tables chip leader has 300k, he/she was being really aggressive raising 5k on almost every decent hand, a few others were basically doing the same if he folded...

Blinds are about 600/1200

Needless to say I went out, anger getting the better of me, how should I have played this??

P

playerk7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeh i need a better freeroll strategy becuase these isiot players are eating me alive, maybe i need to tighten it up like you said then after the first hour is over with start to play my game.

Misofer

Misofer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I'll try to put it on work. I've been struggling in freerolls near the bubble. I guess I need to be more aggresive, since almost all the time I'm short stack at this point.

K

kardmania

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
By the way sometimes you are going to run bad; not much you can do but grin and enjoy the play.

C

cobbie1966

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i think that its how many sitters you have and how many pes are in the mtt.so you just have to adjust all the time ur in this game...

mhtnyc

mhtnyc

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the early stages, I've been staying out of the donkfests unless I have JJ or better. Even then, I've been getting beat by guys who have something like 47os and pull 5-6-8. Grr.

C

cyclone45

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my own opinion free roll tournaments vary considerably. take for instance Absolute Pokes free rolls. either the $50 variety or WSOP. Now take in mind that they run constantly every hour with a few exceptions. Then every two hours.
Around 1500 enter. And when the first break arrives, (after 1 hour of play) their is around 450 people left. (on average) That means over 1000 went bust in 1 hour. Yet it takes endless hours to get pass the rest of them.
In my opinion the reasons for this is simple. 1)There is another tournament coming up in an hour and 2)The buy-in is free. What I see is DEAD MONEY. In no limit, no limit only, get involved in any pot with 5 or more players with any two cards as long as you can get in cheap. If your holdings correlate (did I spell that right?) with the flop your stack will accumulate quick. This strategy only works for the first hour. After the break it is time to abandon it and use the rock solid approach. You will not win them all but you will be suprised at the amount of times you will be in position to do some damage. And they give you 1500 sometimes 2000 in chips to start.
I know it sounds crazy but don't knock it till you tried. It was taught to me and I knocked it for 2 months to long. Then I tried it and I am sold.

GL2ALL
spindoct

Meh, I cant play loose for some reason...i get crushed every time...I gotta play tight.