antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Oh man , I hate these conflicts ,AA vs KK or QQ on a dry board of low cards , no A , no paint cards , let's say 593 of suit , and you have to play in or of position your pair versus an aggressor that idicates maybe an overpair or worse , a set ...
I would bet less , 2/3 on the flop .
For a cash game , if I was half stack or more than 100 bb (150) and he had 100bb I would call , but on 100 bb I would fold , I have seen many sets on Stars , if live is the same , that's how I would play it , call me a nit or bad player :) .

C

Celavijander

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just went busted today wi poket KK 3 bet pre-flop got called by a loose player in the CO flop was
238. Made a full size pot continuation bet of $3 the guy shove all in for $35 I called thinking he had a medium size pair he shows a set of dueces.
I wonder if I should have folded with such an unusual bet? But again he could have done that with so many other hands like 10s Jj QQ etc. What do you guys think?

I think u make right call and poker same as all games depend on luck .
For example i 1s have for 4-5 BB and get pair of 6s and all in i was called by 2 players 1 have Ks 1 As and most funny thing is that i win with straigth flush to 6 guys with A have same but to 5 and K guy have just flush :)

Attachments

• straight flush.jpg
    straight flush.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 120
nutthink

nutthink

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For example i 1s have for 4-5 BB and get pair of 6s and all in i was called by 2 players 1 have Ks 1 As and most funny thing is that i win with straigth flush to 6 guys with A have same but to 5 and K guy have just flush :)

my godness,absolutly coconut there.AA and KK dead on the turn,what a sick hand.. nice post man..

Stefanell75

Stefanell75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
he was lucky not understood that poker

ribaric

ribaric

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should maybe bet more preflop maybe he would fold

7svetoslav

7svetoslav

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The KK's are the most mistakable pair im playing haha. They are bad when you see an Ace till the reaver. Most of the times you are doomed. :D
Also its great pair, folding it on preflop could be good choice, but i think it could be more bad than good. I dont know, most of the times ill call it.

TimeForTheAce

TimeForTheAce

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should maybe bet more preflop maybe he would fold
This.

I've found that when I get A/A, K/K or like Q/Q and don't jack up the bet enough that gives players an easier time calling with a small pair, which results in bad beats with your K/K hand. I recommend playing K/K like you have a small/mid pair pre-flop and make the raise say to $7-8 when playing $1/$2 for example.

Obviously a lot of strategies out there but that's usually what I do to avoid the players who are trying to hit a set. Calling $8 compared to $4-5 definitely changes my mind when I have say 2/2 or 3/3 in my hand pre-flop.

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just went busted today wi poket KK 3 bet pre-flop got called by a loose player in the CO flop was
238. Made a full size pot continuation bet of $3 the guy shove all in for $35 I called thinking he had a medium size pair he shows a set of dueces.
I wonder if I should have folded with such an unusual bet? But again he could have done that with so many other hands like 10s Jj QQ etc. What do you guys think?

It's called set mining and it only has to hit once in a while to pay for it's self.

Xcoder

Xcoder

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you played the hand just fine, the only time you could have gotten away is when he shoved allin.
In my experience when a player online makes a move that seems out of the blue, most of the time it means they have the nuts or a very strong hand like a set.

walluyo

walluyo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think so. only luck can help us reach glory at thet able

miric007

miric007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would never fold this hand but I think you should raise it more before the flop.

delta50

delta50

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
some time you have to let the big over pairs go,maybe this time was hard to even consider folding.but we live and learn.

skavenger

skavenger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I paid ... it can actually be up to a 77 or something, it can also have more drawn pairs, and two doubles, but I think the cracks are few in its range ... unless that '' unusual '' is from Type that he is loose passive, then I can reconsider and even fold.

K

kapos77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
If your decision is right, he could play anything.

S

sumyunguy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Standard Call

It could depend on the situation. It doesn't look like you were that deep. Pretty standard call in most situations. Don't think you'll do good folding in these spots in the long run.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Today I folded K K after 5 all in on the pre flop at the beginning oh the poker stars open league tournament, because I need points for the leader board and early out means great minus 25 points

deform fedot

deform fedot

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the micro limit game I would suggest would increase the rate by 20 bb or even more if MTT then you should make sure whether you nuts

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would not have checked preflop. Raised preflop and set the tone for the rest of the table

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Agree with Xcoder. An all in in this case just about means he has a good hand.

P

PokerDental18

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is definitely a tough one in which everything needs to be taken into consideration. First off I'd like to know more about how the hand pre-flop. Was this a .1/.25 NL cash game, how much did you have, was this guy just loose or super aggressive, how big was the initial raise before your 3-bet, how big was your 3-bet and how many guys folded to your 3-bet? If this is a small stakes cash game and this guy is loose (but not a nut) then his play makes perfect sense for what I'd expect at these tables. Players at small and micro stake cash games love small pairs even after facing 3-bets because they know their opponents simply cannot fold a huge over pair in these situations. I personally don't like his shove because I think in the long run he's losing a lot of value to guys who will fold hands like KK, but none the less it is an effective and profitable way to play his hand at micro stake tables. Really don't blame you at all here, but as you play more and more at these tables you'll become increasing worried about flops that look similar to this.

Omahahahaha

Omahahahaha

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What are the blinds and what were the raises preflop?

Mikeisanace777

Mikeisanace777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing you could have done,I would suspected overs or a set.

Set less likely,so with kk you can expect 10-10 or weak aces gamble and maybe even qq, In that situation you were just beat in a higher cash game if some guy went in for 500 and I started with say 150 and was up to 400 I would fold it..

D

Dr Peeper

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it all depends on the situation. the all in shove is scary, as you could be looking at a set or two pair. you also could be staring at a bluff or a8 (top pair). sometimes you have to give it up, in the long run you will break that player.

P

plyto777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Such a hand like KK, may lose only a very disciplined players when playing against an opponent raising a very nits

F

falcais

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Depending on what actions occur. I personally do not folding KK. KK is good card with a great chance of winning.

Folding in Poker