and turn or riverdepends the size pot

Nikka18

Nikka18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think Of I was in this situation I would of fold. Because going im would be a huge risk to make. I did that a time and i lost. So I won't be making that mistake twice.

D

dear7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should raise again but not all-in.If most of your opponents fold and one of them doing all-in I think better do fold and do not risk.

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
I will bet at least 5BB depending on my chips, and see what the Villain does If he re raises, more than 3BB I will Fold. Many option open! :flute:

R

raimundox44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've heard a pro player saying that KK is an excellent hand to go all in pre-flop. Now you ask me: But why go all in pre flop?
For a very simple reason: Our KK will win regularly Ax and also has a good win rate against smaller pairs like QQ, JJ, TT etc.
Of course, you should only shove if you know that p villain will pay (maniac)

aqqr

aqqr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey. I think on the flop you have to bet 0.66PBS - 0.75PBS, if your opponent rarely surrenders on the flop. In another case, make a check. If a blank card comes on the turn, bet a lot (0.8PB) and fold for a check-raise from any player. On the river check on any card, except the king (bet 0.4PSB). If he makes a donk-bet on a blank card, then I think it's a bluff.

M

MinorMisfit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think a good pot sized C-bet would be good here. If you get called, then just go for a cheap showdown. If you get raised, its an easy fold.

Example if you get called.

Check turn, he checks turn. Check river, he checks river. Your almost always good.

Check turn, he bets turn, you call. You check river, he bets river, you fold.

Check turn, He bets turn, you call. You check river, he checks river. You almost always good.

That's how i would play against an action type player. Tight player I'm just giving up once he calls our flop bet.

Hope that helps!

Happy grinding, and good luck out there!

T

Threebet Bluff

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
tough

You being the preflop raise has two options. 1 option, small cbet to see where you're at. If he calls lets you know a little. 2 option, check to the btn and evaluate from there. there are many hands you can get value from on that board and the btn being the villian.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no hard and fast rule. So much to take into consideration. Tourney or cash game, live or online. How much of a read do you have on the players at your table, how many bbs do you have left. If a tourney early middle or late in the tourney?

I agree with 4-6bb pre-flop generally but this changes depending on where I am at meaning position, how deep in tourney I am and my read on the particular player(s) that call. Instead of pushing heavily with KK pre if I am in early position but late in the tourney I may do a simple 3bet and see what the rest of the players do. Depending on my read on the players I may shove all in if raised or wait till the flop assuming no ace and just call. If someone shoves do I have him covered or am I covered? and I am ready for a coin toss yet?

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
pairs of KK, I get the clean hand and I am in MP2, I raise standard 2.5bb, they all retire until they reach the BTN which pays, the mowings are removed. community cards A spades, 5 diamonds and 6 diamonds. what would be his play for the following streets

I will play agressive in preflop with KK, raise and reraise, some times I will shove or call allin, but I can fold to a multway allin.

I don't like to go allin in a flop in case of an ace apears without a great motive, cause I will get paid only when I am behind, and the there's no way to fold with no actions of the villain, maybe I will fold to a reraise or allin, it's depends of the villains image.

Cbet in flop is great, I can make aces with low kicker fold, or any play with speculative hands folds, like draws to flush and straight.

ssory83

ssory83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually get the KK all-in no matter where I'm at the table. I think it's a mistake, but I assume it.

M

MinorMisfit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah, this spot is never fun.

i would just check fold the flop. if he checks behind that's a good start to trying to see a cheap showdown. maybe get action from a weaker hand if you both check the flop and turn then lead out with a small value bet on the river.

i don't like leading with a bet here because its never getting called by worst, and your only get folds from hands you beat.

Don't get married to your KK when the board is not in your favor.

Good luck!

PS. This advice is for low live stakes or micro online stakes.

Ivan Basic

Ivan Basic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
only way i'd fold KK preflop if I KNEW that my villan has AA....

And of course you can't know that if there is immediate push all in from him..

you must have some kind of pre-play, everything has to go into that account, check your history with that player....

Z

ziomalele2

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Go agressive

With KK I always go agressive pre flop, re rise till all in if it is possible, not all in streight away.On flop, turn and river I check draws and other players actions.

IcyNicy

IcyNicy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are not sure if your Cowbows are good on this flop then play pot control. A good sized continuation bet is a necessity here. Then watch the next streets . Another ace on the turn or the river shortens the opportunity that your opponent has one. If you are afraid of reraise your bet on the flop then think why should he do that with any kind of ace. He may have any ace. But I think he will let you play pot control.:call2:

The_Times

The_Times

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to play KK as aces,you should go all-in before the flop.For example KK come to you,you make 3bet and get called by 2-3 opponent.At the flop A 2 8.The opponent makes a big bet,it possibly means he has an ace.I think that you don't need to call him.To fold KK is better than to lose everything.

JOKE on YOU

JOKE on YOU

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK is good until you see the As

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i would play my kings and push my stack in if i lose i lose

F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOw stake game... I go all in.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont know where I heard it but once you are against an all in, it is a rule you need to call with KK no matter where position you are at.

grogrich

grogrich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its better see the floop before make a right call! But you need to call 3bb prefloop to go lower people!

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am definitely not shoving this flop. I am making a 3/4 pot sized continuation bet and hopefully I don’t get reraised. Obviously my next decisions would be contingent on the villains action.

grogrich

grogrich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to see flop before make all in or fold! if you see one A in floop be carefull

T

toughdefeat

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Great situation! Fold those kings to a flop bet all day. You have to respect this ace IMHO. That said, bet the river if you ever make it there! GL

AshK44

AshK44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that there is no set rule on how to play any one hand. You need to realize that you can lose with any cards. You need to use your position, stack size, stage of the tournament etc to decide if you go all in or not. Treat every hand as a unique situation instead of seeing good cards and going all in pre flop. Good luck.

Folding in Poker