Fold KK or go all in

K

Klito

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes it depends on the cards that come in the board .. it happens that even monster can lose value if the flop comes 789 all diamonds for ex and you raised with aces and get two calls ... you may be at risk often times

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it depends on what the poker room is pokerstars if it is possible to fold because there may be a couple AA

I

Isabelafsd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fold or all in

I would bet 3BB and wait till i see the flop, but if someone on the tabl bet more on preflop then i would bet all in!

A

alezdsgs

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I wait the flop and Last i think the next move

P

Parkkev

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I would never fold KK. Maybe if this is tournament and Iam on bubble so I can fold it , but in other case never

S

Sorin Iliescu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bet between half and 2 thirds of the pot as his range is not that likely to have an A in his hand, so is gives us an equity advantage.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
pairs of KK, I get the clean hand and I am in MP2, I raise standard 2.5bb, they all retire until they reach the BTN which pays, the mowings are removed. community cards A spades, 5 diamonds and 6 diamonds. what would be his play for the following streets

My play would be to keep betting at least 1/4 or 1/2 the size of the pot.

HAMC81

HAMC81

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bet 1/2 or 3/4 of the pot and fold to a reraise...

check the turn

J

Jimboskie

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It really does depend on the stats and tendencies of your opponent - 80% CBet would lend me more towards check raising this flop. You are blocking a lot of AK combos and he didn't raise preflop. Maybe take a small ball approach and use a passive line. Check call the flop and turn if he does double barrel. Reevaluate on the river.

Z

ZARGA123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Firstable a Monster hand (AA-KK-QQ) must be raised Big 5 or 6 Big blinds Preflop and if you are short and the 5 or 6 Bigs are around 30% of your stack go all in preflop from any position.If you messed up with a 2.5BB and there's an Ace on the board just minraise 1Big or just check if Villain is All in just fold and wait for an other hand no need to lose your Stack on the presumption that Villain is bluffing even if you are 100% he has only a deuce he could bust you.

sergiohardt

sergiohardt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I already lost with KK in the all-in for only having the pair of KK and the opponent having two pairs, sequence, flush and so on

E

Ero2407

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
raise to 4-5 BB to see the flop if there is no A, then all in

The_Times

The_Times

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a game of cases and unexpected situations.One day I played in cash poker.I was given AA,I raised against two opponets,one of which went all-in.I and another opponent called,one had KK another A4,so won that one who had A4,because he got straight.:eek:So I losed 1$:(

E

EasydoesitMG

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
3BB with KK is too low, you should be betting 4BB + 1BB for every other player who has entered the pot preflop, this may be outdated thinking, but it has worked for me..........most times.

What would make this outdated thinking?

luiaguila

luiaguila

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you are in a medium position before you do not enter anyone in the hand and you simply raise 2.5 bb I do not know what level you play but most likely it is micro where a lot and I say many players open hands Ax and with pairs in hand always from bet strong and more when no player entered before your minimum you should have bet 3.5 bb clear continue with what you did to continue attacking normally is 2.5 bb, 6bb, 7bb you should see the reaction of your opponent in each street is cash game you should not consider an allin when you can lose much more than win

P

pan1panov

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I find it easier allin with KK preflop and postflop hard to part with KK, even when I realize that I'm behind.

SteaknEggz

SteaknEggz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you are close to the bubble be careful with that ace on the board

P

Peter Jankowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would bet 1/2 pot and see what he does

dragunovich

dragunovich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will always support players who decide to go directly with KK, i prefer to lose an allin directly and dont against a straight or a flush on the river .. im very aggressive in my internal way to play poker and in this case a raise or go allin it can mean win or lose.

soliddecor

soliddecor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
still write in my magic book - who and how to behave at the table with such cards :)

C

cataah

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most times button pays with A2s+, K2s+, Q8s+, JT, 54s+, 65o+, 75s-J9s, 22+: The most hands of his range doesn't hit the flop, play without fear, if he is passive he will pay a lot, if he is maniac, he probably will raise, if he is Nit, he just continue if having a good hand... READ YOUR OPONENT!!!
+1

bra01

bra01

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Go all in if your stack is less than 10bb

Jooseme

Jooseme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never fold or ship. Make a less than pot sized bet and see what happens on the turn.

M

Manifestor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with KK I always go all in, except when I'm on a bubble, then I can reset them.

Folding in Poker