Fold AA preflop?

douglassf

douglassf

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
doug with AA versus 22 your close a 4 to 1 favorite everytime preflop.depending upon the suits of the dueces versus the suits of the aces.

Playme1979. Thanks for your explain,

I know that the odds to top pair is more that slow pair, but i already saw guys losing several hands with AA, because it was in bad position.

So if you are on bad position or do you have few blinds your top pair can be only 51% versus slow pair...

JupeZ

JupeZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You r pplaying those 180 player SnG's at full tilt poker where 2 entryes to next round. Ppl usually puches all in with anything ... If u get AA 1st hand its like definitely going to me crushed by some other hands after flop. if u don't hit ure full houses/quads/set/best flush draw. Folding in this kind of situation might be good EV.

G

GrantGreen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Laying down AA pf only in certain very specific satellite tourneys. Though the bit about 5 allins before you in a cash game would be a probable loss, but reload and take the donk's money who called allin w/ 76 suited because he didn't understand the strength of that hand is implied odds (but hit 2 6s on the flop anyway)

I

IronMonkey

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to make the most out of the hands givin to you so I would say never fold unless you have already won your satalite seat and the hand wouldnt do you any good

J

jhnnyfckfce

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to make the most out of the hands givin to you so I would say never fold unless you have already won your satalite seat and the hand wouldnt do you any good

That doesn't make any sense to me. Why would you fold if you already had your sattelite seat? Aren't we talking about folding AA if you are on the bubble to winning a seat?

L

LarryT503

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My thought is that AA is the statistically strongest hand you can start with so you had better bet it rather than fold it. That said, I might fold it if I was on the bubble of making it into the money in a tourney and I was playing with a short stack.

douglassf

douglassf

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Guys

How i said tonight i was played Full Tilt at the Railbirds tourn and had AA x 55.... heads up....

flop...X.X 5

I lose.....

Strong Dollar1

Strong Dollar1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The whole idea of poker is to get your money in the middle of the pot with the best hand! your a 4 to 1 favorite to win with AA; if you look at your career in poker as one long session, and not just the game that you happen to be in, then your going to win with AA 4 out of 5 times, I will put my money in the middle all day long with AA, and just know that if they get cracked, then that's the time that it was going to lose, but I will feel much better the next time I get them though...:)

S

Syfted

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Untitled-1-4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v35/TopGun/Untitled-1-4.jpg

Interesting, huh?

The answer to the OP's question is... it depends. On... just about everything.

Stack sizes, tournament status, blind sizes, buy-in amount, other players...

B

BlackFish2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All this talk about AKs has got me thinking about preflop value and fold equity.

Is there any situation where your play would be to fold AA preflop? I can't think of any.

The only time I would fold AA preflop is if I'm on the bubble or if everyone at the table goes all in.

Folding in Poker