Fold AA

Plata

Plata

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
whould you pocket AA pre-flop ?
If you do? In what situations would it be?
Good hands

Only for ICM I will fold one AA pre-flop.

Example: Final table starts and many goes all-in and my stake is confortable to fold I will fold easy. Becase I can jump my payout only for fold and AA pre-flop with many opponents lower my chance of win. With many oponents is about 50-60%, and I will not risk my tourney with one move pre-flop.

Plata

Plata

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ohh, many sorry is a cash game haha.

Fold easy with to many opponents, don't risk all entire buy-in in one move.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Good point - if my seat were completely secure I would fold, BUT, that's a really unlikely scenario to be in a situation where your seat is guaranteed.

If you play enough satellites, you'll see this situation, where you get Queens, Kings, Aces, and you are in a situation similar, and the strategy of folding in that spot pre wod still apply.

One of the reasons I enjoy playing satellites is because there are always many players who are playing them poorly (going after spots where they're risking tourney ev for soooo very little to gain (if anything)).
And the situation actually comes up very often. The other day I was playing a satty & folded AA & KK with a few orbits to go before we cashed. (on a stack of <10bb's).
It's always fun watching players play satties as if it were a normal MTT.

EmiTou

EmiTou

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fold if a lot of players enter in crucial instances, AA always tries to go aggressively against as few players as possible to avoid giving villain a double pair, a flush or a straight

Darkray

Darkray

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The more aggressive you play with aces, the better.

Sdub2020

Sdub2020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I could never fold AA pre flop. Just can't see it happening no way jose lol :puke:

JoseFerreras

JoseFerreras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have folded AA several times in satelites, when im about to win and there is a chance of losing and missing the ticket. Just fold and win the ticket :)

chippawa1234

chippawa1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
only fold aa for ice or a satellite that u have locked up no reason to play a hand.

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One of the reasons I enjoy playing satellites is because there are always many players who are playing them poorly (going after spots where they're risking tourney ev for soooo very little to gain (if anything)).
And the situation actually comes up very often. The other day I was playing a satty & folded AA & KK with a few orbits to go before we cashed. (on a stack of <10bb's).
It's always fun watching players play satties as if it were a normal MTT.

It's crazy how poorly some people play these things (I'm not going to say anything to them). I'm just going to quietly win my seat to whatever the target event is. If you are willing to play Aces AND risk your ticket, you clearly don't understand the strategy of playing a satellite properly.

However, I think that not many people play this way though, and that people understand what to do in a given situation.

voljare1234

voljare1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
discarding such a hand before the flop is a mistake and stupidity..I don't even discard one of the best hands after the flop.

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ideally at a cash table you really want all your money in pre flop if you hold AA. Not always easy to achieve unless you have a maniac at the table.

If you're not prepared to play the best starting hand in a cash game for all your money then what hand would you play?

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
100% never folding AA in a cash game!!!!!

M

maxmaster10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mmm...are you gonna to be " the loose cannon online"? lol

B

bempassado

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I woudn't have folded AA not even on drugs playing cash game

EmiTou

EmiTou

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never did it yet haha ​​but a bit the theory says that they are to fold in specific cases and when many players come to the flop since it extends the luck to several villains, play AA aggressively pre flop if there is a lot of limp

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There simply can’t be a pre-flop situation where I fold an AA pair. The best starting card in holdem, even if everyone goes all-in, is still the most likely to win the pot.
More specifically, you can drop Aces in a single situation, if you are in a satellite tournament and have enough chips to get in from the satellite, it makes no sense to force the AA pair because I do it on a 100 starting satellite if the first 20 get tickets then it it doesn't matter if you get it as the chip leader or with the 20th most chips. This is the only situation where I would throw an AA pair.

exactly this way! surely this is the best hand, my eyes shine when I have them.

B

BatOneHat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have folded AA

I have folded AA pre flop a couple of times in one specific situation. In a 50/50 sit and go when there are 6 people left and two have shoved. That means one will lose and one will win that hand. And the remaining 5 players win the game. One will be me!!!!

vinnie

vinnie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
This is the "Cash Games" area of the forums. Why are we having a conversation about tournament strategies? Asking if you're gong to fold AA preflop in a cash game area is just silly. If you're ever folding AA preflop, you're a terrible player and shouldn't be bragging about it here.

K

Keith557444

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the only time i ever fold aces is when i play a satellite tourney and i know I'm getting a ticket I'm not there to win the whole thing just enough to get a ticket so i wont risk losing a ticket just because i have AA

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cash games never. And those who say "maybe if..." it means they're playing high outside their bankroll, budget, or have a huge stack facing another huge stack and are scared money deep.

Tournies: Very rarely in event MAYBE on bubble facing multiple all ins

ringworm

ringworm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I'm in a double or nothing sng and over half of the table goes all in, I'm folding my AA preflop. Similarly, if I'm on the bubble in a satellite and everyone is getting a tournament ticket if they cash, I'm folding the Aces as long as I'm not extremely short stacked.

J

Jim_Saras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Folding AA pre-flop

There are many situations that I have folded AA preflop.

*Tournaments
1. I'm drunk and I thought it was A4 instead. Damn they look the same!
2. I'm in the toilet... Guys always go to the toilet on the break! 220 out of 221 times you're not folding aces. Are you willing to take those chances??:)
3. I'm on tilt and I think that the universe will do anything in it's power to crack my aces.
4. I've won 3 hands in a row with aces so I'm thinking that it's about time they get cracked by a suited connector. I always liked that view on probabilities. Too bad it's not true...

S

simpleman31

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on position and how many are in it to the flop. If there is one or two stay in, I'll play the hand. If more than two stay in, I'll play hand unless it's all in.

P

pokersextreme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
whould you pocket AA pre-flop ?
If you do? In what situations would it be?
Good hands
Only time I'll fold AA if 3 or more players are all in pre flop before I'm to act. And it depends at what stage of the tournament it is along with how much chips I have as well.

Folding in Poker