Fold AA

P

pokersextreme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only for ICM I will fold one AA pre-flop.

Example: Final table starts and many goes all-in and my stake is confortable to fold I will fold easy. Becase I can jump my payout only for fold and AA pre-flop with many opponents lower my chance of win. With many oponents is about 50-60%, and I will not risk my tourney with one move pre-flop.
Agreed

M

mike1113

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only time I'll fold AA if 3 or more players are all in pre flop before I'm to act. And it depends at what stage of the tournament it is along with how much chips I have as well.
Why would you fold though? In this scenario I would expect a lot of lower pairs and maybe some AK/AQ, all of which you crush. The only thing I could think of would be if you're in a really good spot and you'd risk busting so the upside and odds wouldn't be enough to cover the off chance you get beat and lose the whole stack, in which case I guess it's plausible to fold AA. Not trying to attack your position just want to hear your side of it

K

kidrock1211

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its a hard choice! I guess it would depend on how much money I had in the game! The final table if there is alot of peoplr raising ahead of me i would fold and hope a few got knocked out brin my payout up! Any other time i play it pre flop.

S

scrappypower

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont think i could fold aa maybe if there as to much stuff on the turn i folded kk preflop to a 5 bet to my 3 bet

94EXPOS

94EXPOS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never, ever, should you fold AA pre flop in a cash game. If you do you are clueless and should not be playing poker. Only in tournament play when you are reaching the bubble for a tourney that is a satellite to a bigger tourney and you are playing for entry tickets to the bigger tourney and you could possibly bust out before getting to the "payout" would it ever make sense to fold AA pre flop.

RimworldDoctor

RimworldDoctor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only in tournament play when you are reaching the bubble for a tourney that is a satellite to a bigger tourney and you are playing for entry tickets to the bigger tourney and you could possibly bust out before getting to the "payout" would it ever make sense to fold AA pre flop.

You're right. This is the only scenario I can fathom where folding AA pre flop is the right play. Say you're the chip leader and you only need to finish top 10 with 15 people left to qualify from a satellite. Then it's okay.

In any tournament with a progressive payout, you're hurting your chances of *winning* when you play too passively with good EV hands. I've noticed that tons of people play to cash, but not to win. :cool:

A

Ac156519

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will never fold AA. I will raise or re-raise AA from any position. The only reason I will fold AA if I am close to the bubble and I want to make the money. Another reason I will fold AA if I am on the final table with Multiple opponents all in. I will secure my chance for a pay jump by opponents getting knock out. I will never fold AA.

J

joaocarnica

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

I already folded AA on a flop that dropped 3 cards in the gold suit and my AAs were clubs and hearts so I preferred to fold, thankfully because I was right and my opponent won with a flush

F

FluDhs

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never folded and i think i never will.

MAYBE if i were like 4 of 10 players on a wsop Main Event FT bubble where the top 9 become the November 9. In that case is possible because you are not considering only your chips but all the visibility and partnerships you can get going to FT. But still... very difficult to let go the chance to double.

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Double A is a bad hand because it is always fragile for other hands as a bad beat that could win

Highsolation

Highsolation

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
whould you pocket AA pre-flop ?
If you do? In what situations would it be?
Good hands
As a believer in statistics, I would never fold AA pre-flop, the odds are just too good for pocket aces.
I've had quite a few bad beats with AA, but still would go all in if I am pushed to do so. Unless some very very specific situations in a big tournament close to bubble as some people described.

Split

Split

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mathematics will not allow throwing cards))

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
depending on the position and number of opponents in the hand I don’t even give up on Ax, imagine AA, math is a factor, as is luck and bad beats........ poker intrigues me because there are many factors to be aware of in a short time

B

BasTid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop i would only fold in 2 cases .
1 If I'm in a satellite and I am already qualified , there is no point in playing the hand and it's an easy fold .
2 If i have like 1 or 2 big blinds and I'm on the bubble , and i can make it into the money by folding . Because if I double my stack it doesn't matter to much because i will still be a super short stack with 5 blinds maximum , but the min cash is more important in my opinion .

This is pretty much it.

det0nate

det0nate

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will go down with the ship with my ACEs!!! lol

C

Clean

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
whould you pocket AA pre-flop ?
If you do? In what situations would it be?
Good hands
You would call and see the flop, if there is no A then be careful, or go all in against the guy with lowest chips

Folding in Poker