fletchdad presents: "OH NOOOOO Not ANOTHER 2nl Grind thread?"

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ive done that many times fletch. Right now i cant even play on stars cause i self banned myself in january for SIX MONTHS!! Cause i was drunk. Your lucky u only lost 25% of ur roll. I usually go for 100%.

S

swingro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I sugest you buy Tilt Breaker and put a limit of 3-4 BI loss in one session and block the poker site for one ,two days or how much you decide. It will solve the problem. You need to reinstall windows to bypass it. For you it will be a good investement. You can do whatever you want.

Pick one of your sane moments and also block for a big period of time the upper stakes. If you want to play only 2 NL for one mounth than block everything from 5NL up. You will go insane when the software closes your poker software but after you cool out you will be happy.

PS. Also block the Cashier. It is a good thing.
It is only 30 dollars for small stakes.

Last edited:
fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since my alcohol binges have been few and far between, and I have been very good about not playing over my BR even when intoxicated, (above story notwithstanding) I am just gonna keep on keeping on. I actually stopped playing for about 6 months w/o banning myself, for similar reasons. I was working on RL shit - like alcohol and playing, as well as tilt issues in general, and a number of non poker issues. This new grind is my comeback, if you will.

I have my graph pointing up again, and have a few BI back in the BR.

And I did a mistype above, my BI for 5nl was still at 80 not 40, so the story sounded worse than it was.

Also, TBO, the food was so good, and so was the beer, and since I have recovered 50% of my losses, the story is almost worth it......

almost,,,,,,,,,,,,,

S

swingro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since my alcohol binges have been few and far between, and I have been very good about not playing over my BR even when intoxicated, (above story notwithstanding) I am just gonna keep on keeping on. I actually stopped playing for about 6 months w/o banning myself, for similar reasons. I was working on RL shit - like alcohol and playing, as well as tilt issues in general, and a number of non poker issues. This new grind is my comeback, if you will.

I have my graph pointing up again, and have a few BI back in the BR.

And I did a mistype above, my BI for 5nl was still at 80 not 40, so the story sounded worse than it was.

Also, TBO, the food was so good, and so was the beer, and since I have recovered 50% of my losses, the story is almost worth it......

almost,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Buy Tilt Breaker. Invest a little and save a lot later.

Keith_MM

Keith_MM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in the stars client along the top bar requests , then responsible gaming , you can limit the tables that you play to prevent drunken binge leading you to buyin at higher stakes. takes 2 days to increase the limits so you can still move up when ready it justs takes a bit of foresight to increase the limit before you actually move.

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in the stars client along the top bar requests , then responsible gaming , you can limit the tables that you play to prevent drunken binge leading you to buyin at higher stakes. takes 2 days to increase the limits so you can still move up when ready it justs takes a bit of foresight to increase the limit before you actually move.

Yes, +1

magicius

magicius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes you can spew moneyz on same level :) if i ever reach some higher stakes,defo will get tb

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk

LD1977

LD1977

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like your approach :)

Here are a few comments from a BR meganit:

- When you post graphs/tables, always separate stake levels. Even at lets say 2NL I would separate 6-max, FR and Zoom since they play differently.

- I used 60-70BI for upper level as a rule when moving up and it held up well. I had up to 15BI downswings several times and grinded out of them without moving down (in fact I never moved down limits except when I was testing stuff).
*** This is where I strongly disagreed with many people, I simply think it is best to soundly defeat a level before moving up and even if you break even (like I was at 5NL :D) BR accumulates via rakeback and bonuses.

- I am not sure how old you are, I am 36 and I find multitabling to be very tiring if I play more than 12 tables, not to mention all complications with not seeing all tables, forgetting the action etc... so I switched to Zoom gradually and now I can put in around 1k hands/hour (4 tables, tiled) while still winning.

Added bonus of Zoom is less tilting since I only see the horrible coolers in analysis later :D

Last edited: