Flatting ACES......

D

detourglr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Myself I think you played the preflop wrong. with him reraising you tell me he has a pocket pair or a guy that over values AK. So I would have least did a samll reraise of $5..
this does a couple of things. One you have an oppurnity to riase the pot becuase I feel with the re-riase, your opponent is really pot committed unless he was really bluffing here. And with Pocket Aces this is exactly what you want to do.
Now the bad side of this strategy, is you are building a bigger pot when those strange flops come out. like 10-J-Q or all the same suit or both, it will be harder to fold those aces.

loafes

loafes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agreed, don't 3bet light, it's a bluff. Bluff 2nl = bad. But go ahead and do it on certain regs there though. They are too boneheaded to pick up on you. Even when they do, they won't know how to respond without AA/KK.

It's perfectly acceptable to 3bet a bigger value range though. If anything you want to value them ASAP before other regs get to the fish first.

EDIT: sorry meant to respond to the light 3bet post at 2nl

Yeah obviously something I do vary rarely and only against certain regs (or regfish would be a more apt description) But even when I make a "light 3 bet" it's often a hand that should play pretty well on the rare occasion I'm called (which doesn't realy happen TBH) it's only light because I'm usually 3 betting to take it down preflop

RodneyC86

RodneyC86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Myself I think you played the preflop wrong. with him reraising you tell me he has a pocket pair or a guy that over values AK. So I would have least did a samll reraise of $5..
this does a couple of things. One you have an oppurnity to riase the pot becuase I feel with the re-riase, your opponent is really pot committed unless he was really bluffing here. And with Pocket Aces this is exactly what you want to do.
Now the bad side of this strategy, is you are building a bigger pot when those strange flops come out. like 10-J-Q or all the same suit or both, it will be harder to fold those aces.

96 pct of flops are safe for AA we should never ever think that.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just now saw this thread.

The 1st hand is bad, sorry Vinyl. I believe it's ok to flat 3bets with Aces in position as long as you are ready to slow down postflop if need be. But to flat his 4bet (NOT 3bet there) out of position and then donk shove is bad. WHY are we leading that flop?

Think about what you said in the OP. You said people usually only 4bet with AA/KK. Sooooo what calls your shove there? Hmmm AA sure, so we chop, which we would've gotten it in either way by the river. Ooorrrr we get called by KK and are in terrible shape. Think about it.

Last but not least you talk about a good price for 4b/folding. Easy, just don't do it lol. No point to 4bet bluff at the micros ever. If they 3bet you and you have junk, just fold. If they 3bet you and you have a decent hand and you're in position, flat. But don't 4b at these limits with the intention of folding. I can safely say I've never 4b ANYTHING I'm not willing to stack off with at the micros. When you get to 25nl and up i'd say you can start working it into your game. Why leak the extra dough instead of just waiting for better spots?

Very good point and solid advice. I never 4 bet bluff,EVER unless villain is running 40/35/15% but even then im doing it lighter for value. Just wanted to get a feeling as what a good 4bet sizing would be since im no 4bet expert. My 4bet% has to be less than 2%.

RodneyC86

RodneyC86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very good point and solid advice. I never 4 bet bluff,EVER unless villain is running 40/35/15% but even then im doing it lighter for value. Just wanted to get a feeling as what a good 4bet sizing would be since im no 4bet expert. My 4bet% has to be less than 2%.

which is probably optimal at micros

C

cotta777

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont see the problem flatting ace's to a 3-bet your gonna get more value off aggressive players when in position and bad players that hit top pair.
I see so many guys ask what is the right wrong play here which can't really be defined but only given as a guideline as per the hand values.

its upto you to know your players we're playing an intellectual game of exploiting people and peoples tendancies.

so it's potentially damaging to a players profits to think they have to play a hand the same 'right/wrong play.
it also makes you exploitable

Blobweird123

Blobweird123

CC's very own Dead Head
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Someone with stats like that is gonna call you a lot more than you think. Just because they are 3b'ing light doesn't mean they like folding lol

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Zoom is populated with tons of nits that only show up with AA/KK in aipf spots.

Solution, stop playing zoom, play more standard tables wayyy more fish.

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Zoom is populated with tons of nits that only show up with AA/KK in aipf spots.

Solution, stop playing zoom, play more standard tables wayyy more fish.

Yep

pocketehs

pocketehs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didnt read the entire thread but saw the two hands you posted and it looks like youre clicking buttons lol I think there are times to call 3bets pre with the nuts but in theses spots no.

like hand 2 - and UTG open 4bets you. I doubt anything a UTG opens and 4bets folds lol

it only makes sense to flat when you think his range is a lot wider and has more bluffs and can get more value from underrepping your range and letting his blast off post

R

rumsey182

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if they fold to 4 bets why not click back 4 bet your whole range?