hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Leak: Playing ridgid starting hands in all positions instead of having starting hands attuned to table position.

fix: Taylor your starting hands to table position .

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The main tip I can do is:
Don't play against better players than you. Take a look at the table and find how they play before sitting in. If they play in a logical way, look for maniacs or station callers in another table.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Leak, I don't understand why many players have more than 200 BB at the table. If you would stand up from the table, you have 100 BB or the stake for sure and could sit down at another table with 100BB. The probability of losing more than 100BB again is high, especially against opponents with 300-400BB which you often see with small cahs game limits.

Fix: If you win more than 50BB in a table session, stand up and go out and look for another table with a buy-in of 100BB.
This is not a leak. The leak would be playing badly when deep stacked and the fix would be to play better when deep.
If no one else has more than 100bb then it doesnt matter but you need to be aware who else is deep and hopefully they are on your right. If you are deep with a good reg on your left who keeps 3betting then it is probably best just to leave the table

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
leak: inability to discard a set on turn and river when an opponent has a flush or fullhouse looming and picks up hard.
fix: you have to trust people:cry:

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Fast fixing of aggressive players and avoiding too passive bets will strongly improve my cash games play.

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Leak: Tilt and emotional control. Players make irrational decisions due to frustration or anger from previous losses. This can lead to reckless play and further financial losses.

Fix: Identify tilt triggers. Take breaks. Practice mindfulness and relaxation techniques. Maintain a healthy lifestyle. Set clear goals and expectations. Develop a pre-game routine. Seek support of other people or study "The Mental Game of Poker" book.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Trying to slow play and trap with your monster hands. You got to bet your monster hands to maximise value.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The quantity of your games will gradually transform into quality if you constantly play and analyze each game.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Ehh i should stop bluffing 😂😂😂.. În the wrong times and I should be more brave and when i feel that îs my hand, i should just go with it and stop making the corect folds, even if i am behind i usually flop the nuts or the flop put me în a good favor to win the hand, but again i tend to fold, corectly my hand Instead of just go with my instincs 😅

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
What do you think is the biggest leak in a player's cash game that, if corrected, could increase their win rate?

I'll start:

Leak: Not understanding the dynamics of multiway pots (which happen a lot in cash games). For example, understand that your premium pocket pair does much better heads-up than it does multiway.

Fix: Your game will improve as you improve your reading of the board and getting better at letting go of a hand that was great preflop but is losing its value as the hand progresses. Don't just focus on your pair of Aces. Look at the board texture. You may still have that same top pair after the turn, but if the board has straight and or flush possibilities (that don't help your hand), and there are multiple players in pot, and they are eager to keep putting their money in, you probably don't have the best hand.
The major leak in a cash player is the psychological side and lack of mindset. Some players tend to play cash games as if they were playing tournaments, and cash is a boring game, sometimes we stay 200, 300 hands withouth anything important happening, not even getting dealt pocket aces. We must get used to it. Tournaments are full of emotion, there's the payout, the bubble, the short stack, the jumping, the big hit, the final table, you name it!
Cash is not a game of action, it's more like chess where we must have solid foundation on postflop game, player profile and mindset. We must be balanced and think it through on every corner. We should never respect our opponents more than they deserve to be respected but also we cannot disrespect anyone on the tables, because even recreational players will hit good hands.
The major leak is to go to the tables with our egos, thinking that we are either better or worse than our opponents, and this is not the objective: the main factor is to play in position against recreational players and have tons of patience because nothing exceptional will happen for a long time. And this is the way the game is.

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Keeping betting in a hand when in your heart of heart you know you are beaten, I think it is called
having a "Matisow moment".

CRStals

CRStals

Total posts
Awards
Chips
Leak: Getting married to a big hand like AA, KK or AK post flop when your opponent is telling you through their betting that they know what you have, and it's no good - but, you instead continue to barrel
Fix: You have to constantly update your opponent's range as they give you more information and assess whether that pair of rockets are in fact still good and if they aren't, consider folding.

Jdawglet

Jdawglet

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Leak…being afraid to lose. Too many times players dip their toe into cash games but as the hand goes on and the betting starts they tighten up because they are afraid to lose real money. Especially if they have a small Bank Roll and are risking too much to “try” a cash game.

Fix - Don’t play the first couple of hands so you can see the action without risking your money. When you’re willing to play hand hand…be willing to lose. Most hands are won without the nuts…just because you don’t have the best possible hand…doesn’t mean you don’t have a winning hand.