you know Mike McDermott? he bluffs Johnny Chan

:p

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when I DONT HAVE NOTHIN EXAMPLE 52,AND WIN A HAND.....

dragunovich

dragunovich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
showing a 62os allin bluff in the river with a flop AQ3, turn 5, river 5

Ahoy

Ahoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never bluff with only calling... that seems not so efficient to me. I always tend to bet or reraise a bit :) Many players tend to play too safely and are scared when you throw some more money in ;)

K

kmart99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never bluff with only calling... that seems not so efficient to me. I always tend to bet or reraise a bit :) Many players tend to play too safely and are scared when you throw some more money in ;)

I think maybe I should clarify this strategy of bluffing by first calling with nothing.

Against most winning players I rarely make this play. However, so many players these days are cbetting OOP on all flops +95% of the time. These are the players I do this to. Sure, you can raise them as a bluff as well on a flop that should miss most of their range, but they will be calling this raise more often since there are two more streets and their odds will be better. If you just flat and they check the turn, you can bluff slightly more profitably . However, if you're against a reg or a player who is close to EV or winning, I'd suggest doing this with at least a draw and not complete air since you'll often have to fire two barrels... Doing that with total air= -ev.
And stay away from boards that are too one sided for their range vs yours.

Calling with nothing to set up a bluff has been +EV for me but I definitely pick my spots carefully and who knows if this play is actually all that close to optimal.

ARMYNAC

ARMYNAC

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im a fan of the CHECK RAISE BLUFF ON RIVER :D

T

temrusha300

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like bluffing all the time. sometimes its the only way to make anything happen when cards are cold. seems to be like anything in that sometimes it works sometimes it dont. its all about the feel from opponent(s)

wlad20082009

wlad20082009

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
I was bluffing pretty rarely , because mostly I play on the Micros , and there is rarely a bluff . But it is very interesting when the opponent folds without even trying to answer .

Nikolay23

Nikolay23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually bluff small,but sometimes i can go all in to make sure you fold ;)

neontuning

neontuning

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I bluff when I'm in flushdroll or missing one full house. Get all-in but not always I win! kkkk

A

AcesDJD

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like bluffing much until I've been at the table for awhile (unless I know the players already). Then you want to look for players that are either calling very wide or get too worried when the flush comes in or an overcard comes off or are simply fit or fold types.

Pretty obvious stuff there, but I've seen a lot of players be new to a game, be there only a couple of orbits and try a big flop or river bluff against a player whom they have no idea about. Almost always spew.

M

mrbassboy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluff when a pair appears on the flop, making them think I have a three of a kind. Love to do that!

J

jambotv

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually preflop raise 5bb playing in buttom!

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
some situations atc is great to run a bluff :)

A

Ajax95777

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know what i am doing wrong here, but every time i choose to bluff i always end up against flush or straight or something realy strong. It's like im sensing some vibe from the player that i am against but its the wrong one.

D

Dingospo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love to bluff when I have something good and I know that there are one or two raisers on table who will try to really bluff me with all in to I fold. Then I call his all in and win. It is better to bluff not to have anything and win then bluff to have anything and lose.

strodawg

strodawg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my bluffs arent really bluffs

I don't really every put any more money up for nothing but I do ride something small like its big. I gotta feel like my hand is worth showing. I hate getting caught in str8 bluff like i did learning the game. Lmao its kinda embarrasing to have to show especially if i win on 9 high lol. I do like winning on my small hand on someone calling it on their AK high tho. The bluffs I hate are the bluffs I love calling.

Clark Kent

Clark Kent

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love to bluff when I have something good and I know that there are one or two raisers on table who will try to really bluff me with all in to I fold. Then I call his all in and win. It is better to bluff not to have anything and win then bluff to have anything and lose.

hahaha :D It is a good one. I can not agree more. But I bluff when I dont have anything and see that others dont have anything strong. When I think they all will fold my double raise :D

M

Morly4

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never bluff. It just worth too much. However, if your opponent is tight enough, you can go trough.

N

nacmonkey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffs

i always bluff that is why i am doing poorly at poker.

N

nacmonkey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffs

Still my poker playing needs to get better.:icon_sant :icon_sant :icon_sant :joyman: :joyman: :joyman:

P

Pavel Stezhkin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not understand people who bluff without even a hint of a good map. Today, I threw off the weak pairs and triplets in front of people who have absolutely nothing (((As a result, USD -50 (((

B

bkr3026

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bluffing can get you into a ton of trouble, win more with good hands and lose less with bad hands, but there is always a but I love to bluff with a 2-7 J-3 9-2 or something terrible and show after a win

H

Haanski

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
check raising the river is the most satifying

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My favorite bluff is fake a flush, It works even if the opponent have good cards.