Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i get in this spot over and over again 5nl - 10nl against passive regs,
for example:
i have AA 3bet big oop, 1 caller and spr is about 3,5
flop is JTx with 2 suited
i bet and he minraises.....
i know now i am beat because he would never do it with a draw and probably would even call with AA
until now i just saw these spots as coolers because AA is suposed to lose here against JJ but i really cant remember once where it wasnt a nutty hand!
could it be profitable to fold with such a low spr to these guys??

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, that would require an extremely solid read. There are two major questions here:

1) Why is he even raising, if he flopped a set? With a 3,5 SPR he can just bet turn if checked to, bet river and still get all the chips in, so mini-raising does literally nothing at all.

2) Is he ever getting away from AA, when you have the JJ or TT and flopped the set? If not then this really is just a cooler, and it does not matter in the long run.

I am just shipping the flop here literally always, and if he happened to suck out on me, good for him. I think, he can have KK, QQ or a draw just as much as JJ or TT.

H

Haze of Spade

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think, that would require an extremely solid read. There are two major questions here:

1) Why is he even raising, if he flopped a set? With a 3,5 SPR he can just bet turn if checked to, bet river and still get all the chips in, so mini-raising does literally nothing at all.

2) Is he ever getting away from AA, when you have the JJ or TT and flopped the set? If not then this really is just a cooler, and it does not matter in the long run.

I am just shipping the flop here literally always, and if he happened to suck out on me, good for him. I think, he can have KK, QQ or a draw just as much as JJ or TT.

he had JJ unfortunately but for real he was like 3% raising in this spot over a larger sample! thats got to be a read right?
i remember the only time where i won in a similar spot he had KK and i AA. that was like 1 out of 10.
if we switch cards im sure he would go broke same way but i wouldnt even set mine a reg if i get bad odds preflop.
i just think folding could give me an edge here, serious he raised 3%!!! all
i beat here is QQ-KK and he really shouldnt have KK but dont get me wrong if spr was a little smaller like 3 or less i know i cant ever fold.
btw i dont understand why he even raised, guess he was afraid of AKs

G

Gildog89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know you have put the result up and I am answering knowing the result, but at some point you have to trust your read. SPR is pretty low, and your supposed to put your money in, BUT, you know your beat. When you know your beat, just fold. A passive reg raising the flop is about as solid a read as you will ever have imo.

Why does it matter that they would go broke if the situation is reversed? Isn't that part of where your edge comes from?

H

Haze of Spade

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know you have put the result up and I am answering knowing the result, but at some point you have to trust your read. SPR is pretty low, and your supposed to put your money in, BUT, you know your beat. When you know your beat, just fold. A passive reg raising the flop is about as solid a read as you will ever have imo.

Why does it matter that they would go broke if the situation is reversed? Isn't that part of where your edge comes from?

thats what i wanted to hear :) it just happens so often and i never folded because i thought that would be ev- but they just show the nuts over and over again.

Folding in Poker