Draws

U

USMCbulldogs

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Should you call a big bet/raise on the flop with a straight flush draw, flush draw or straight draw, if not in early position? By draw I consider it to be four cards toward the made hand....

Richyl2008

Richyl2008

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With a straight flush draw on the flop I would go for a raise in position since you have so much equity in the hand, an openended straight flush draw your about 60 percent to win by the river and about 49% with a flush draw and gutshot, assuming your opponent is not drawing to a better flush/straight. So its a good spot to put pressure on your opponent if your heads to either get him to fold and win the hand now or to win by the river about half the time. How you play a straight draw or a flush draw by themselves with position will depend a lot on pot odds, your opponent, and your implied odds as well as how many people are in the pot, so I'm sorry I can't give you a definate answer to that one

D

drawingneardead

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, consider pot odds and stack size.

With primary draws you definately bet out. Keep in mind though that these hands can get you in trouble. You may be 80% to make your hand, but your hand may not be best.

It is good to know what your opponents are playing. These draws play beautifully against top pair or 2 pair, but often end up being beat by higher straights/flushes.

As far as 3 to 1 or 4 to 1 draws, I like to see them pretty cheap. I'm not real big on committing more than 1/4 of my stack with these draws on the flop. If you arent getting pot odds you should muck to a big bet every time.