Not open for further replies.
blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hadn't played 2NL at FT for a long time, but am now doing so to take advantage of the bonus offer. (I am usually on Carbon) What I have noticed is that there are so many guys at FT who lead out with pot size or slightly better than pot sized bets OOP. Is this generally a bluff or top pair or overpair?

For example, I would raise with AK from CO. BB calls and immediately throws a pot sized bet with a board like Q 8 4.

freeringo

freeringo

2019-20-21 League Champs
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I noticed that too, can't understand half the bets I see at FT

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Donk bets used to mean a drawing hand or mid,bottom pair.I would raise these almost every time with atc.Now ppl are donk betting much much more and seems like every time i raise they insta raise me.So i'm not sure wtf is going on with these donk bets now days.

-Phil Ivey27

-Phil Ivey27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think you can generalize whether it is a hand or a bluff by this.

It depends on the villain, but I would usually just muck my AK here and wait for a better spot if they really do donk bet as much as you say.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think you can generalize whether it is a hand or a bluff by this.

It depends on the villain, but I would usually just muck my AK here and wait for a better spot if they really do donk bet as much as you say.
If they really do donk bet as much as you say.Realy i would go the other route an think there just doing this to frequently.Which lets me to belive that since we miss most flops there just stabbing most flops with air.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was doing well on Carbon, but the much more aggressive style on FT 2NL has me flustered. I won $6+ in my first day but have lost most of it since. So in 5 days, I’ve made a lousy $2.

I’ve folded mediocre hands to aggressive bets, but when I’ve fought back with top pair good kicker (Js and up), they’ve had better hands.

It’s a matter of slowly bleeding coins by folding (likely too much) plus running into coolers when I have had a good enough hand to attack. Still a small sample, but the higher aggression is real.

-Phil Ivey27

-Phil Ivey27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If they really do donk bet as much as you say.Realy i would go the other route an think there just doing this to frequently.Which lets me to belive that since we miss most flops there just stabbing most flops with air.

If it's the same player then yes, but if it's random players that you have no read on then the options are either to attack once you actually have a hand or float.

Also, board texture has a lot to do with your decision. For example if you have AK and the flop is J J 4 and he donk bets into you then obviously your raising him or floating.

If you have AK and the flop is 9 8 7 and he donk bets into you then it's an easy muck.

On the board that you speak of with Q 8 4 I probably muck because we just have no read and it feels like throwing away chips.

thebigdawg

thebigdawg

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have noticed a lot people online in the micros will bet big with with bottom or mid-pair, and draws but will check top pair or better usually and just wait for somebody to make a bet.

Wait when you have a good hand and bust em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars