Do you often think that your opponent's cards are better?

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
pokerstars has accustomed everyone to crazy bad beats over the years. It can be difficult to keep a calm and balanced game if the stack size swings like a pendulum. I once thought about the fact that an opponent can have the best cards in their range almost always when he call or raise. It changed my game. I began to act carefully because of these thoughts.
I spent over four hours in a cash game yesterday. Two very interesting hands happened within a couple of minutes.
Crazy fold with KK on a low flop.
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/524O02dPu

Happy river.
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/524O03f4H

Do you often think that your opponent's cards are better than yours?

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very good post.
Those hands are the reason I don't like playing cash games anymore. Sometimes I'm the lucky one but when I lose, I lose big. One day I had poket 3's, flop was K 3 7, the other guy went all in. Could you fold this hand? He had pocket 7's.

One thing that has helped me is being more cautious, not getting so excited when I have a good hand. I don't bet crazy big so even if I lose somehow, I can still recover.

But even so, one hand like those you posted eventually comes and ruins all my progress. Maybe I'll be better at cash games, but for now I stick to tournaments.

Ps: today in a tournament was button, had pocket Q's, blinds were big so I went all in hoping to steal the blinds, not really thinking BB and SB would call. SB had pocket K's, and BB pocket Q's as myself. First time I saw something like this lol.

M

mortimccarthy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am guilty of the same thought process as you many times i have second or third nuts in a hand and i convince myself my opponent has the nuts which most of the time is not the case, i have missed so many streets for value betting playing this cautious but i am starting to fix this i just try slow down a bit go back over the hand logically think back how each bet went and shake the fear of losing and make the right decision..

SASSOD

SASSOD

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
el novato

Hello, very good observation, I have heard several pokerstars players complain about the bat bets and I include myself, certainly there is no understanding or explanation of plays like those in the video, most players blame the software. I think your advice is very good to play your hands slower, taking care of the bat bets. From already thank you very much

D

deputat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I often not believe that my opponent have better hand and call which leads to fiasco :D

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very good post.
Those hands are the reason I don't like playing cash games anymore. Sometimes I'm the lucky one but when I lose, I lose big. One day I had poket 3's, flop was K 3 7, the other guy went all in. Could you fold this hand? He had pocket 7's.

One thing that has helped me is being more cautious, not getting so excited when I have a good hand. I don't bet crazy big so even if I lose somehow, I can still recover.

But even so, one hand like those you posted eventually comes and ruins all my progress. Maybe I'll be better at cash games, but for now I stick to tournaments.

Ps: today in a tournament was button, had pocket Q's, blinds were big so I went all in hoping to steal the blinds, not really thinking BB and SB would call. SB had pocket K's, and BB pocket Q's as myself. First time I saw something like this lol.
Caution is the most important thing. I love the cash game because you don't have to risk everything in one hand. You can study the opponents at the table. The fold option is always in my pocket. Big bets happen when everyone thinks their hand is the best. This can lead to emotional ups and downs. Tournament poker requires a different approach. Constantly increasing the stack is a vital goal.

elJenio8

elJenio8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I often believe that other players have more luck than me lol

But yeah like one up there said, you have 2 cards against 16

N

neagranufan19380

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerStars has accustomed everyone to crazy bad beats over the years. It can be difficult to keep a calm and balanced game if the stack size swings like a pendulum. I once thought about the fact that an opponent can have the best cards in their range almost always when he call or raise. It changed my game. I began to act carefully because of these thoughts.
I spent over four hours in a cash game yesterday. Two very interesting hands happened within a couple of minutes.
Crazy fold with KK on a low flop.
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/524O02dPu

Happy river.
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/524O03f4H

Do you often think that your opponent's cards are better than yours?

QUITE the impressive fold, sir. I think I would have blasted and lost. Incredible read.

N

neagranufan19380

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So true. I was raised by sophisticated military parents so the main lesson learned form them is always think out the worst case scenario. As a result I'm always wondering if someone flopped a set on me when I have my AA/KK.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The main thing is not to become a hostage of your thoughts and not to miss the opportunity for profitable value bets for fear of nuts from your opponent. The probability of losing is in any hand except for the royal flush, so one day it will definitely happen that the strongest hands will lose.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The importance of patience in the cash game

Good afternoon everyone, I play NL $ 2, I find it very difficult to put villains in ranges when they are recreational players.
And to be profitable in that limit, I usually play mine according to the value it has against both regular players and recreational players, of course with this strategy I fail to extract value many times when I have better hands but the variance is very smaller and I'm waiting for the nuts to go All in.
I played this hand against a regular player, opened a 2.5x open raise from BTN with KJo, villain call from BB, flop hits Th Qc 9d, I have nuts, villain check, hero bet 30% and villain call turn 5h hero bet 50% and villain call, river hits 8d, at that moment I thought about what the correct bet size I have to make, knowing that the only hands that the villain will call are combinations that have J, I was All in, and to my surprise villain called with QJs.
My thought is that the pot is $ 0.53, I have invested $ 0.25 so far, the only hand that I will call in the villain's All in in a $ 6.69 pot is if I have nuts, I was surprised by the villain pay only with J, but I won't complain.
In another hand I have AKo and villain is 22, I made full nuts flop Ks 2c Ah turn As and river 3h, there is no secret is to have patience and bet high with strong hands, not to stick to marginal hands, flush draws or straight , which is easy to beat NL $ 2.:cool:

Attachments

• Nuts no cash vilao call em All in parte 1.jpg
    Nuts no cash vilao call em All in parte 1.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 24
  • Nuts no cash vilao call em All in parte 2.jpg
    Nuts no cash vilao call em All in parte 2.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Nuts no cash vilao call em All in parte 3.jpg
    Nuts no cash vilao call em All in parte 3.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 22
  • full nuts vs full cash.jpg
    full nuts vs full cash.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 22
Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, very good observation, I have heard several pokerstars players complain about the bat bets and I include myself, certainly there is no understanding or explanation of plays like those in the video, most players blame the software. I think your advice is very good to play your hands slower, taking care of the bat bets. From already thank you very much
Bat beats deal a serious blow to the game and the mood of the player at the table. But if you make a hero fold, this action will inspire and allow you to control the pot in your future hands.

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't care what cards opponent has. I play my hand.

AQA272

AQA272

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This idea always haunts me when I play with JJ or QQ postflop and on the flop A or K

K

Kingsti95

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always think that there is better cards than mine.

Sintubai

Sintubai

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice view! with so many bad beats in the luggage we often play more cautious because we think the villains have great cards .. online poker with many simultaneous hands can be nice at one time or another but most of the time it will be cruel..lol have our range well planned and courage to play it! it is not only in ps..

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, I'm suggesting I'm better. :) But in any case, I think about his game, in the light of the hands which stronger than mine.

F

fifille07

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No. They actually are better than I initially thought putting myself in trouble more often than not.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What I find often is I always get into situations where my opponent always makes a better hand.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. That is an interesting question. It is a challenge for me at times. Wish you and others the best that are in that boat.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't care what cards opponent has. I play my hand.
You may be exposed to a lot of bad beats in this case. This will not affect the game for the better. For example, if you are chasing a flash draw and you don't think that your opponent is chasing it too, but with higher cards. When the flush closes on the river, the probability of ruin is inevitable.

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello
Yesterday in MTT I had a situation similar to your first hand, only two players participated in the game and I underestimated my opponent and lost to AA with KK, this affects the fact that when I start to doubt the strength of my hand, I invariably lose my bank, or I just don't have enough experience.Good post
Best regards, Sergei