Confused about correct way to play a winning hour session in Micro Limit Hold'em

dead lîke me

dead lîke me

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel a little lost about what limits i should be playing, and confused about the correct way to play a winning session.

I am currently playing .02/.04 Limit Hold'em 10 ring on pokerstars

A typical Session of 60 hands (1hour) playing the way i think poker should be played:

Hand 1 my BB I usually win this hand or my SB ___________ +6.0BB
Hand 2 my SB if i lost my BB i usually win this one
Hands 3-29:
Raise Preflop with premium hands (like AKs/o, QQ,) ________ -3.0BB
--couple missed flop continuation bets (small Bets) ________ -1.0BB
Limp in on Button/cutoff with hands like (98s,JTs,QTs) _____ -1.5BB
--fold on flop or turn (drawing odds not correct) __________ -1.0BB
Hand 30 (AQs finnally wins) ____________________________ +6.0BB
Currently I am _______________________________________ -0.5BB
Hands 31-60 Will pretty much be the same thing and by th 60th hand i should be -1BB or -1.5BB :(.

The reason for this negative outcome is that in a micro level like .02/.04 you cannot rely on bluffs, semibluffs, or moves to give you the edge of winning when the cards wont.

I've developed a way to (win) kind of. After I win 1 or 2 hands in the beggining(1-5hands) i'll sit for one more orbit and leave before I'm the BB again. I'll sit at another table and do the same thing. This way I leave with about +6.0BB most of the time. After 1 hour and a total of about 60 hands i'll be up between 9-20 BB/hour sometimes more. Its the only possible way (i think) to win at .02/.04 because:
1. a raise preflop won't thin out the limpers
2. a continuation bet on the flop will almost always have more than 2 callers
3. the players have no starting hand requirements
4. they have no conception of pot odds.

I've been told I shouldn't change my game. Not to raise preflop with premium hands in the long run will lose you money, but at this table stake i think i lose more than i gain. If i play REAL poker i'll end up down a couple BB after a session. And I don't want to get into a bad habbit of playing like the manic fish, so I play REAL poker while jumping from 6-9 tables an hour.
bluffing is almost out of the question at this stake because of the abundance of calling stations (if you train a missed AKs) you will most likely lose to someone playing 25o who-first thought it was a good enough hand to cold call your raise preflop in early, and -thought it was good enough to showdown with bottom pair on a board of J 9 2 Q 7, others in the pot won't even have a pair and showdown with 6 high, or those who will NEVER fold if they hold an ace no matter what the kicker.

I don't know how else to play tight agressive poker when these people obviously don't know how to play.

Is the way i'm playing poker in order to win wrong? What should I do? I'm scared that if i move up in limits, i may lose just the same. That maybe its me, not the fish. My bankroll always pretty much comes $1 shy of $30(Bandroll needed to play .05/.10 (300xBB)) I can deposit more into my Bankroll but I've been told i need to BUILD it.
I want to be able to play poker normally... its exhausting to change so many tables within an hour just to be up. Or is this a normal session for most people?

titans4ever

titans4ever

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Changing tables doesn't need to be done in limit. You will see it in no limit becuase on any given hand your whole stack is at risk. You bring $3 to a 1c/2c table and make it $5. Your whole $5 is at risk. You get off that table and can sit at another for $3 to bank the profit. At limit you know the bets and don't have to worry about your stack.

Have you looked at the article section. There are some there that you can read about micro games.
https://www.cardschat.com/poker-strategy.php

At micro games when you get 4-7 callers on hands you have to remember hand odds. AA is not going to win 50% of the time with 3 other callers. You still have the best chance to win but it is not over 50%.
Add more drawing hands to the mix. You will get odds to play them to the river in limit with lots of callers. I am not sure how you are not getting correct odds to call on draws if there are more than 2 or 3 people in the hand. That is the beauty and pitfall of limit, draws are more profitable to chase since odds stay close most of the time.

dead lîke me

dead lîke me

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Duh...

Actually I had read this article a couple days ago and i'm blonde so umm... it didn't click that it had my answer. If anyone has read this thread and thinks- Hey, something is wrong with my micro limit game too... titans4ever is correct about a micro/low limit strategy page.

Adjust your online low limit game

Sorry for being so blonde...