Betting w/ pkt KK?

S

scaryjarry

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all,
If dealt KK in a .10/.25 NLHE cash gm, whats the best opening bet? I like to bet 4x BB but I either get too much or too little action! I play 10 player tbls. It seems I get out-flopped or rivered 75% by an ace or set. I bet pot on flop & ppl still call/chase. How do I "fix" this?
:helpme

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should bet the same amount with KK as you do with any other cards.
Ideally you want one opponent. If he plays at you strongly on a paired board and he's fairly solid, think about mucking. If there is an A and he would be playing an ace in that spot think about mucking. Post flop is very hard to master and you just have to learn.

If you are called by a few people and an ace flops just check/fold. It isn't worth it as someone will have an ace alot of the time. Make them pay for draws and look to see if they might be drawing as this will help you get away if they appear to hit.

Pre-flop is easy but post-flop you'll have to make decisions. Don't be afraid to chuck them if you think you are beat.

L

LBroadbent

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with LuckyChippy. You should probably be betting the same amount as with others cards. Doing this will disguise your hand strength somewhat.

However, if you normally raise three times the BB or 3 and half times the BB, then I see no problem with making it four times since you are betting a stronger hand, so in theory your it wouldn't hurt to make your bet slightly bigger. The other players may pick up on the fact that you haven't raised by so much prior to the hand and more people may lay down their marginal hands.

Post-flop, you will have to make more decisions depending on the flop, but that's my thoughts on betting pre-flop.

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars