BB vs SB

EthanVK

EthanVK

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is this in tournament play or cash game?

if in tourny, it all depends on how big the blinds are getting and how big stack sizes are.

in a cash game i would fold 90% of the time unless i had knew i could out play this particular opponent with garbage.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never understood why people are so aggressive on the sb vs the bb. In a full ring usually 1 person has a good hand, therefore if it folds around to you in the small blind, the big blind will have a hand as often as he wont. So i only want to be comnig into the pot first to act with j,t+ and with a raise, i never limp in blind vs blind

This is bad logic. It's like saying well you should get AA 1 in 221 times and since the last 220 times I haven't gotten it I'll most likely have it this time. Slightly different logic, because you're right the odds increase because garbage hands are being folded, but they don't increase as much as you seem to be implying. I'd say he gains maybe a few percentage points when everyone else folds (well he doesn't gain, I'm saying his odds from your POV go up of him having a good hand).

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
NoWuckingFurries said:
Sadly I'm such a n00b that I haven't yet worked out what "the bubble" means :(
This is the cut-off to the money spots. Let's say the tournament you are in pays to 20 places, and you bust out in 21st place, you "bubbled".

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is bad logic. It's like saying well you should get AA 1 in 221 times and since the last 220 times I haven't gotten it I'll most likely have it this time. Slightly different logic, because you're right the odds increase because garbage hands are being folded, but they don't increase as much as you seem to be implying. I'd say he gains maybe a few percentage points when everyone else folds (well he doesn't gain, I'm saying his odds from your POV go up of him having a good hand).
Also presumably if what matters is how you play the hand, and what your opponent THINKS you have in your hand, then the BB could be thinking along the same lines, that you may well have a great hand?
This is the cut-off to the money spots. Let's say the tournament you are in pays to 20 places, and you bust out in 21st place, you "bubbled".
Thanks :) It's also quite frustrating when the poker site gives you a pop-up saying "Well done, you've defnitely won a prize!", you continue playing for another hour or so before you're finally knocked out, and then you find out you've actually only won about 12 cents :p

Katie Kards

Katie Kards

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Said it well:
it depends
tongue.gif