bad beats in a 60min session...what do you think?

Perceval

Perceval

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Firstly :
First KK is not a bad beat, First AK is not a bad beat, First 44 is not a bad beat, Third AA is not a bad beat
First AA is a bad beat, Second AA is a bad beat

SECONDLY
hero got During one hour three times AA, KK ounce how come That is unlucky?

And, personally, I think you "forced" the other player to do all in, you raise a raise while you're not there have to. When there TQJ the flop and another player raise many, should not be very good at knowing what he has, you have to do with the color so you can play ....I find that many players go all in too fast. But I do not play cash game on big tables ..... not enough bankroll.

Last edited:
Cmoneytaker5

Cmoneytaker5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not losing money...I was a winner at 100nl 6max fast forward for 8.9bb in a sample of 220.000 hands...until April I was cashing out twice a week, the reason my sample is small it’s because I have a day job and there is not enough time for poker...so I play mostly after midnight for 90minutes and on my day off. I am not playing flips, am not going all in unless I have the nuts,am really good at bluff catching because of my sample against other players and I know how and when to bluff, i play poker over 10 years and am a big winner at live games 2/4 5/10 Hold’em and PLO ... i was talkning on the phone few hours ago with a friend of mine who is one of the top players worldwide and I mailed him my HM2 bad beats he called me back laughing and he said it’s all bad beats, seriously bad luck but it can happen. Way to much bad beats in a really short time but it happens. Told me to take a brake for couple of weeks to relax and then return to the tables... I will follow his advice ...and I will return with a challenge HERE AT CARDSCHAT ... I will go back to pokerstars starting with 10buy ins from 50nl Zoom 6max back to 100nl once I have 3.000 ...

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fake???? Fake????Fake???? Well u r fake! Tell this to my bankroll ... not a bad beat when you are 85%+ ahead? I guess when you are 85% ahead you fold.

Yeah sorry about that. But for example, AhKc hand you are actually 32% underdog, debatable is KdKc hand where you have 3/4 to win, but still personally I wouldn't give a title of bad beat there because one loses so often even though I'm sure it feels like a bad beat. I’m too lazy to go through the equities in other hands.

But anyways, just calm yourself take a short break and you are ready to go again. Downswings are nasty but I’m sure you can turn the tide.

Cmoneytaker5

Cmoneytaker5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bro 3/4 is 75% fav to win ... u lose and it’s not a bad beat? Ak I flop the nuts I call all in and I know he has a straight to A so I think I am saving my money from folding he gets a flush to A and it’s not a bad beat? I was sure he had Straight like me because I know the player the less he could have was a set ... every single hand is bad beat even the all in with the set of 4’s was a bad beat, I tried to take down the pot and he rivered me! Last night flopped quads only to lose by bigger quads at turn and river...in a week I have lost my whole bankroll from shit like that! 4.000 eu gone by bad beat after bad beat after bad beat...last night was pure terror! Set of Q’s vs pocket Jacks lost by quads! Flush nuts to A lost by FH, quads over quads full over full even pocket rockets lost by ATs !!!! Who the hell is gonna shove 170$ with ATs? Pocket rockets vs JT lost! Even pocket K’s vs 9T !!!! It’s a terrible unexplainable downswing that cost me my whole bankroll in one week!
Now I need to get my shit together and build a new bankroll from scratch! But the question is who are these random players that you play once and then you never see them again that shove 150 to 300bb with junk and against any odds and maths are winning??? Most of the players that destroyed my bankroll were random accounts! I had no stats on them! The player pool at 100nl at party poker is limited and we now each other, every day there are 70 to 80 players, I have played thousands of hands with all of them, but out of blue a Russian account starts shoving with AJoff 89off TJoff and wins! That is the real question here! Who or what are they?

R

rmcneice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you will find most of the commenters, self included, are playing at much lower stakes so there is a much greater pool of players.

At these stakes I don't expect you see a lot of transient or truly new players at the table very often.

Ragequit

Ragequit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Party, $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $91.87 (91.9 bb)
BB: $118.71 (118.7 bb)
UTG: $100 (100 bb)
MP: $99 (99 bb)
CO: $608.99 (609 bb)
Hero (BTN): $98.23 (98.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with K
diamond4.gif
K
club4.gif

2 folds, CO raises to $2.70, Hero raises to $8.50, SB folds, BB calls $7.50, CO calls $5.80

Flop: ($26) Q
club4.gif
spade4.gif
diamond4.gif
(3 players)
BB checks, CO checks, Hero bets $15, BB folds, CO calls $15

Turn: ($56) T
club4.gif
(2 players)
CO checks, Hero bets $39.90, CO raises to $400, Hero calls $34.83

River: ($205.46) 6
diamond4.gif
(2 players)

Results: $205.46 pot ($3 rake)
Final Board: Q
club4.gif
spade4.gif
diamond4.gif
T
club4.gif
diamond4.gif

CO showed 6
club4.gif
club4.gif
and won $202.46 ($104.23 net)
Hero mucked K
diamond4.gif
K
club4.gif
and lost (-$98.23 net)

I think you played this ok. Your large bets denied him the equity to continue so that's good. It means his calls were incorrect from a direct odds perspective. He needed about 30% Equity to call your flop bet and he had (5 Direct Outs + 1 Backdoor) = 6 Outs (About 24% Equity. So you were approximately 76% to win this hand on the flop. He made a thin call, but then most players will continue in this spot. On the turn he now had about 12-13 outs (26% ish) equity and you bet 3/4 pot. he needed about 30-33% ish to continue and he did not have that so you made money from his bad call. As for hitting trips on the river well that's Poker. It looks like you didn't lose an additional expensive river bet so that's ok too.

R

Last edited:
Cmoneytaker5

Cmoneytaker5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely correct mate! But people playing at 5nl 10nl 25nl can’t get this way of thinking! Thats why I said I played every hand +EV

phantomjiujitsu

phantomjiujitsu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol welcome to my life! Hopefully your luck turns around bud.

M

MLJ513

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you play a lot of hands, you will eventually run into one of these downswings. It’s an inevitable part of poker. The important part is to tank through it playing your A game, be humble and try to find leaks and improve them. Not saying that your downswing is caused by bad plays, not at all. But at the same time I’m sure you’re not playing perfect. Or else you would not be in NL100. We all learning at these stakes and don’t let a downswing stop you from doing that. I talk from experience and assure you that the downswing will eventually end if you just hang tight!

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Some bad beats, but some I dont consider

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes the toughest part is NOT changing your game after several bad days. It is a good time to reflect and see what is actually going on. Make sure it isn't a sign of tilting and you are really playing your best.

lsbenn

lsbenn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Take a break, do something different for a few days and forget about poker.
Then play again and see what happens.
Poker sucks sometimes but we will continue playing the game.