Anyone here find they play better when they DON'T multitable?

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to multi-table a lot.

More tables = more action = more possible wins = more money...am I rite?

But this wasn't always the case. Every now and then I would have a good run and think that I must be doing something right. Then other times I would run really bad. And running bad while multi-tabling will really put a dent in your BR. Not only that, but I would sometimes find myself so focused on one table that I totally ignore the other tables and I miss out on lots of information.

So, now I prefer to play 1 table at a time and just concentrate on that game. Also, by playing 1 game at a time, if I have a bad run I can just quit playing, take a break, and not be concerned about the hit my BR took. Its better to lose 1 $2 SNG (or whatever your buy in is) than 4 or 5 at one time.

While I'll still MT every now and then, its usually no more than 2 tables.

M

Mad_Mike989

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play one at a time so I can focus on all the things happening at once. Beside s I get boards mixed once in a while lol

J

jeffred1111

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to multi-table a lot.

More tables = more action = more possible wins = more money...am I rite?

But this wasn't always the case. Every now and then I would have a good run and think that I must be doing something right. Then other times I would run really bad. And running bad while multi-tabling will really put a dent in your BR. Not only that, but I would sometimes find myself so focused on one table that I totally ignore the other tables and I miss out on lots of information.

So, now I prefer to play 1 table at a time and just concentrate on that game. Also, by playing 1 game at a time, if I have a bad run I can just quit playing, take a break, and not be concerned about the hit my BR took. Its better to lose 1 $2 SNG (or whatever your buy in is) than 4 or 5 at one time.

While I'll still MT every now and then, its usually no more than 2 tables.

I disagree and here is why: if you find yourself not paying enough attention to other tables when you multitable, maybe it's because you AREN'T READY yet to multitable, are afflicted with FPS or aren't focusing 100% on the task at hand, wich is play poker. Because, frankly, the usual low stakes SNG can be won by a trained monkey (a very nicely trained and intelligent monkey, but I disgress) and if you can play 1, you can usually play 2-3 at the same times without missing much info wich means that your volume goes up thus your hourly goes up (swings can be more apparent though since you're playing more tables in a short timespan).

Plus, if multitabling puts a dent in your BR, you are either:
1) A BR nit who doesn't like downswongs very much (no shame in it, I'm one and it's why I don't play turbos anymore)
2) Playing above your current comfort/BR levels
3) Playing different from the way you usually play when you one table

I

IvanChips

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whatever suits you.

I actually play better when at 2-3 tables. Keeps me from getting bored or frustrated if the cards are not coming or while waiting for some fool while s/he takes time.