Alucard's Cash Journal - 5NL to 10NL

S

Supmargy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OK a couple of hands I want to talk about.

So since Bruce told me shoving AK in a 4bet flat pot would be EV+, I tried experimenting with it. But not sure with this kind of board texture is the right tbh. But one thing to notice is that the V is a really tight player but a very small sample. I was thinking of check folding on flop but then remembered what Bruce told me & tried it out. Any thoughts??
PokerStars - $0.05 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4: http://www.pokertracker.com

BTN: 118.6 BB (VPIP: 20.61, PFR: 16.03, 3Bet Preflop: 10.87, Hands: 137)
SB: 94.8 BB
BB: 295.2 BB (VPIP: 22.03, PFR: 17.80, 3Bet Preflop: 2.33, Hands: 122)
UTG: 103.6 BB (VPIP: 30.00, PFR: 25.00, 3Bet Preflop: 14.29, Hands: 40)
Hero (MP): 176 BB
CO: 93.6 BB (VPIP: 13.51, PFR: 10.81, 3Bet Preflop: 6.25, Hands: 37)

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has Ah Ks
fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, CO raises to 10.4 BB, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 28 BB, CO calls 17.6 BB

Flop : (57.4 BB, 2 players) Jc 6h 2d
Hero bets 148 BB and is all-in, CO calls 65.6 BB and is all-in

Turn : (188.6 BB, 2 players) 4d

River : (188.6 BB, 2 players) 8s

Hero shows Ah Ks (High Card, Ace)
(Pre 43%, Flop 25%, Turn 14%)

CO shows Qs Qd (One Pair, Queens)
(Pre 57%, Flop 75%, Turn 86%)

CO wins 180.8 BB

Why did I shove the river?? I only have a pair. Was I trying to take value out of something like AJs?? Or am I trying to fold out a 2pair?? I think this was a mistake cause most of the time only better would call me. Could be J10 of spades as well.
But his range is quite limited so a shove seemed reasonable to me at that time.

Hero (BTN): 126.4 BB
SB: 100 BB (VPIP: 66.67, PFR: 33.33, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 4)
BB: 100 BB (VPIP: 14.81, PFR: 11.11, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 27)
UTG: 100 BB (VPIP: 19.63, PFR: 15.34, 3Bet Preflop: 3.45, Hands: 169)
MP: 292.4 BB (VPIP: 23.16, PFR: 21.05, 3Bet Preflop: 8.33, Hands: 97)
CO: 359.6 BB (VPIP: 20.59, PFR: 8.82, 3Bet Preflop: 5.56, Hands: 36)

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has Qh Qc
fold, MP raises to 3 BB, fold, Hero raises to 10 BB, fold, fold, MP calls 7 BB

Flop : (21.4 BB, 2 players) 5c 2s Jc
MP checks, Hero bets 13 BB, MP calls 13 BB

Turn : (47.4 BB, 2 players) 6s
MP checks, Hero bets 30 BB, MP calls 30 BB

River : (107.4 BB, 2 players) 9c
MP checks, Hero bets 73.4 BB and is all-in, fold

Hero wins 103 BB

Hand 1 AK: i feel like posting this hand doesnt accomplish much except if you want to see if people can confirm its an EV+ play.
You're riding a variance train and posting this doesnt change much.
Personally I dont like to shove if i dont have a flush or straight draw. But thats my gut feeling. Maybe we should play a bit with flopzilla to see how Ako hits turns and rivers vs Aks on these kind of flops. I dont know... i might play around with it later on and i can post what I found. But im a total newbie with that software so take my "research" with a grain of salt :)

Hand 2: since you're in position, i would just check the river. Hes not going to call if you have him beaten already. Only hands that might fold imo is AA or KK but those would 4bet pre. If I were the villain I wouldnt fold a set even if the river is a club.

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess the premise of Bruce's advice is that if villain had AA or KK they would 5-bet? You know that they have a capped range, and they will fear that you have AA or KK?

If I put myself in the villain's shoes there, I don't even think about folding QQ on that board against an aggressive opponent with those pot odds. And of course JJ would never fold.

But there are 9 combinations of AK, 6 of QQ, and 3 of JJ. So I think you are getting folds about half the time, which is fine since the pot is already substantial. And you are making the hand easy to play since there are no more decisions for you to make.
Plus you have outs against QQ and even the occasional stray KK if the villain calls on the flop.
Add in the idea that there may be some AQ and TT in the villain's range and the play becomes even more attractive.

yeah QQ would almost never fold. But your explanation says a lot here. At 2NL I was very hesitant GIIing with AK but now at 5NL I don't fret so much.
The other thing is even if you bet or check, the villain has the opportunity outplay you with a bet or a shove. If you take a look at one of my previous hands in a very similar situation with AK, (I 4 bet UTG with AK & V flats) I bet the flop & he shoves. And that leaves me helpless. So it comes down to a kind of powerplay

Hey Alucard. When cranking up or toning down aggression, have you thought about having a specific gameplan before starting a session?
What i like to do is simply stick to exactly the same play as before, but changing a couple of very specific spots. It makes it easier to see whether something works or not in my opinion.
Just "adding more agression" without thinking about specific situations would understandably lead to some not thought bets.

I mean I know where I'm very aggressive when I want to be & when I want to just go for thin value. When upping the aggression the changes I usually make are 3betting pre more or double barrelling vs passive play etc. But that usually gets out of hand because you generally become more of an aggro personality (no joke) & every time you try to outplay your opponent. You start to play more 3 bet pots with crap hands & try to make the V fold, more bluffing, more overbet shoving where you should've gone for thin value etc.

So today went decent. In the end it started to become break even so I stopped the session. The graph looks a little bit weird. :icon_scra
The red line is above the blue line which means I'm not going for decent value on the river much & just making the opponent fold.
But overall a really good comeback from yesterday.

880xiFa.png

A

AlexTheOwl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The other thing is even if you bet or check, the villain has the opportunity outplay you with a bet or a shove. If you take a look at one of my previous hands in a very similar situation with AK, (I 4 bet UTG with AK & V flats) I bet the flop & he shoves. And that leaves me helpless. So it comes down to a kind of powerplay

Yes, this is exactly what I mean when I say shoving makes the hand easy to play. When there are two or more plays and it's difficult to decide between them, choosing the one that prevents difficult decisions on future streets isn't just lazy, it's both lazy and smart!

Glad today's session went well.

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has 7h 9h
fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to 3 BB, fold, Hero raises to 12 BB, BTN calls 9 BB

You don't want to light 3bet here 60bb deep with this hand bc a) he is fish and will call wide b) you are not deep enough if you get called

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, this is exactly what I mean when I say shoving makes the hand easy to play. When there are two or more plays and it's difficult to decide between them, choosing the one that prevents difficult decisions on future streets isn't just lazy, it's both lazy and smart!

Glad today's session went well.

Yeah on this occasion the villian had QQ which is pretty much the top of the range. But looking at his stats that maybe could have been expected. Very occasionally ive run into KK.
I find the flop shove with AK works better against the slightly looser players, they 3bet light and flat the 4 bet with 77+ and try to outplay you.
I do recall one player flashing JJ on an undercard board.
As I said before I reviewed some of John A's training materials for him earlier in the year and one of the modules was on AK oop in a 4bet pot. He went through the maths and showed it was +EV. When you think about it AA KK usually 5 bet shoves. So the 4bet calling range is usually fairly tight 99-QQ plus AK and AQs. There is usually over 50bb in the middle already so the shove doesnt have to work that often and you usually fold out the chops if AK has whiffed and 99-JJ in my experience don't call. So if they do call its usually QQ on an undercard flop.
I asked Alu to post the hand in the PP thread hoping john will respond with the math.
I think the thing to take away from this is its less likely to work against very tight players who will have a greater proportion of QQ. Even then you have 6 outs x 2 streets.

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:D
not deep enough? What are you talking bruh?? :p

7h 9h is implied odds hand, if you get called your defense is to play for big moneys, for that you need to be deep, at least deeper than 60bb.

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
7h 9h is implied odds hand, if you get called your defense is to play for big moneys, for that you need to be deep, at least deeper than 60bb.

you mean the V right? Yeah I get it :)

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Another crappy spot

BTN: 176.8 BB
SB: 146.2 BB (VPIP: 15.25, PFR: 11.44, 3Bet Preflop: 9.47, Hands: 241)
BB: 117 BB (VPIP: 19.75, PFR: 18.52, 3Bet Preflop: 4.55, Hands: 81)
UTG: 121.8 BB (VPIP: 28.57, PFR: 14.29, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 7)
Hero (MP): 138.4 BB
CO: 267 BB (VPIP: 25.00, PFR: 25.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 29)

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has Kh As
fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, BTN raises to 5 BB, fold, BB calls 4 BB, Hero raises to 24 BB, BTN calls 19 BB, fold

Flop : (53.4 BB, 2 players) 6h 5c 9h
Hero
Found it ....
So here is the math regarding the shove recommendation. I note this is for a 4bet sizing probably 10bb more than we might do now so it needs some adjustment (75bb rather than 65bb) and this is for when you only have 20% equity when called which is the worse case scenario. So with the adjustment I still make it a positive EV of +14.35BB.
testers and comments welcome

Attachments

• ak 4bet spot.JPG
    ak 4bet spot.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 54
  • ak 4bet spot 2.JPG
    ak 4bet spot 2.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 54
  • ak 4bet spot 3.JPG
    ak 4bet spot 3.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
A

AlexTheOwl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
CO is tight. Lets's give him a strong range here, JJ,QQ,AK. No AA or KK because those would have 5 bet.

We assume villain folds AK, which represents 0.50 of the combos in his range. There are 57BB in the pot at the flop. So 0.50*57BB = 29BB for the first part of the equation, which covers the times when the villain folds.

Villain continues with QQ and JJ.

The second part of the equation covers what happens when the villain calls.

So 0.50 of the time villain calls.

Using this equity calculator:
http://www.propokertools.com/simulations

Hero has 17% equity if called by QQ and JJ. So 0.17 of the time hero wins 189BB, and the rest of the time, 0.83 of the time, hero loses what is left of the effective stack, 66BB.

The second half of the equation looks like this: .50(.17*189-.83*66)

So the shove EV is .50*57 + .50(.17*189-.83*66) = +17BB

I am prone to dumb math mistakes, but that is the way I see it.

I think calculating out the EV of the hero checking is pretty much impossible? Because we would need to know the villain's actions, and range, and the hero's response?

Edit:

To be clear, above calculation is for this hand from post #72:

pokerstars - $0.05 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

BTN: 118.6 BB (VPIP: 20.61, PFR: 16.03, 3Bet Preflop: 10.87, Hands: 137)
SB: 94.8 BB
BB: 295.2 BB (VPIP: 22.03, PFR: 17.80, 3Bet Preflop: 2.33, Hands: 122)
UTG: 103.6 BB (VPIP: 30.00, PFR: 25.00, 3Bet Preflop: 14.29, Hands: 40)
Hero (MP): 176 BB
CO: 93.6 BB (VPIP: 13.51, PFR: 10.81, 3Bet Preflop: 6.25, Hands: 37)

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has Ah Ks
fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, CO raises to 10.4 BB, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 28 BB, CO calls 17.6 BB

Flop : (57.4 BB, 2 players) Jc 6h 2d
Hero bets 148 BB and is all-in, CO calls 65.6 BB and is all-in

Turn : (188.6 BB, 2 players) 4d

River : (188.6 BB, 2 players) 8s

Hero shows Ah Ks (High Card, Ace)
(Pre 43%, Flop 25%, Turn 14%)

CO shows Qs Qd (One Pair, Queens)
(Pre 57%, Flop 75%, Turn 86%)

CO wins 180.8 BB

Last edited:
B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure tight players flat 4bet with AK in 5NL 6max, this might be, but that never even occurred to my mind lol. I need to check this. @Alu have you noticed this kind of play?

EDIT: gz 'So I am awarded $100!!!' You could take one BI shot :p

Last edited:
B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well from pokerstars 5NL zoom pool I have 14 hands where player with more than 35 hands flatted 4bet, 30 cases where all in. I noticed from my stats that I have folded to 4bet quite many times with AK.

For tight players with VPIP 15% or under, flat AK 3 times, raise AI 5 times.

So for sure people flat 4bet with AK.

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure tight players flat 4bet with AK in 5NL 6max, this might be, but that never even occurred to my mind lol. I need to check this. @Alu have you noticed this kind of play?

EDIT: gz 'So I am awarded $100!!!' You could take one BI shot :p

Yeah they might be.
Some people are very passive with AK, some are very aggro with AK(like me) & some are in the middle at 5NL and it's really hard to see what's what.
If you take a look at my AK hand from post #62, I was kind of thinking he could do this with almost any goddamn hand including AK.
I have seen people flat the 3bet but going the distance with AK on a king high flop OOP (I had aces one time) but not sure of the instances where they'd flat the 4bet with AK.

And hell no!
I'm not putting that money into poker atm. I'll go to 100NL when I'm ready. But it won't be long! :bandit:

BTW one of our dearest members of the forum got banned. Lets us shed a tear & raise a glass to our fallen brethren even though he was full of shit & very disrespectful towards the people who literally tried to help him.
I liked him optimism but that's the only thing I liked about him.
And I feel really sorry for him for his childish behaviour in the last few days & hope he sees the wrong in it & turn around for the better for his sake. Wish you nothing but success & happiness in the right way!
Here's to those unforgettable moments!! :cheers:

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cheers!

Just out of interest what people flat 4 bet, more than 35 hands, vpip under 16:
QQ=2, AKs=2, AKo=1, KK=1, AJs=1, AQo=1, 99=1, 95s=1, AA=1, 88=1

If everyone with 35+ hands:
AK= 14, AQ=7, AJ=5, AA=4, KK=8, QQ=8, JJ=7, TT=5, 99=7, and then rest randoms

This data suggest that number of AK and KK+ hands in not very far apart, but surprisingly AQ and AJ are there to compensate that. But this by no means should be generalized for the level because having 35 hands against me is a marking a quite active multi tabling regular. Some plays are probably against minbets&fish.

CRStals

CRStals

Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah they might be.
Some people are very passive with AK, some are very aggro with AK(like me) & some are in the middle at 5NL and it's really hard to see what's what.
If you take a look at my AK hand from post #62, I was kind of thinking he could do this with almost any goddamn hand including AK.
I have seen people flat the 3bet but going the distance with AK on a king high flop OOP (I had aces one time) but not sure of the instances where they'd flat the 4bet with AK.

And hell no!
I'm not putting that money into poker atm. I'll go to 100NL when I'm ready. But it won't be long! :bandit:

BTW one of our dearest members of the forum got banned. Lets us shed a tear & raise a glass to our fallen brethren even though he was full of shit & very disrespectful towards the people who literally tried to help him.
I liked him optimism but that's the only thing I liked about him.
And I feel really sorry for him for his childish behaviour in the last few days & hope he sees the wrong in it & turn around for the better for his sake. Wish you nothing but success & happiness in the right way!

I agree with your comment about AK Alucard - I've been playing on Stars for sometime, and at 5NL I've seen AK in all aspects - all in UTG, flatted from the BTN, 5 bet all in, and simply raised. It's caused me issues as I'll run into it, and review the hand and have trouble finding how they so badly played AK. I've definitely seen it call a three bet and a four bet so there are players out there that are capable of doing anything with it.

I get the shove call with it - in fact I think I'm going to do this more often, but you definitely need to know who you're shoving into with this - which is the problem with some at 5NL - they'll call with any draw, and pair, and any high card at times.

Curious what times you play normally? I'm guessing middle of the night for me as I usually play right now between 1-4pm and 9-11:30pm EST

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Curious what times you play normally? I'm guessing middle of the night for me as I usually play right now between 1-4pm and 9-11:30pm EST

Well we have around a 12 hour time difference & I play around 10AM ist right now. But I've been experimenting & sometimes moves towards to midnight.
Trying so hard to change the whole schedule & play around from 12/1AM IST onward.

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lost two buy ins so took a break. One was a very ugly cooler while the other I'm not so sure about

Hero (BTN): 121.8 BB
SB: 62 BB (VPIP: 28.57, PFR: 14.29, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 7)
BB: 103.2 BB (VPIP: 22.35, PFR: 15.29, 3Bet Preflop: 7.89, Hands: 87)
UTG: 92.6 BB (VPIP: 25.00, PFR: 8.33, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 13)
MP: 80.6 BB (VPIP: 40.00, PFR: 8.97, 3Bet Preflop: 5.00, Hands: 147)
CO: 101 BB (VPIP: 24.49, PFR: 19.73, 3Bet Preflop: 17.46, Hands: 149)

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has Ad Ah
fold, fold, CO raises to 3 BB, Hero raises to 9 BB, fold, fold, CO calls 6 BB

Flop : (19.4 BB, 2 players) Td Qh 2d
CO checks, Hero bets 14 BB, CO raises to 92 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 78 BB

Turn : (203.4 BB, 2 players) 5c

River : (203.4 BB, 2 players) 4d

CO shows 7d 9d (Flush, Ten High)
(Pre 20%, Flop 33%, Turn 18%)

Hero shows Ad Ah (One Pair, Aces)
(Pre 80%, Flop 67%, Turn 82%)

CO wins 195 BB

And this I'm not quite certain. He could be doing this with a flush draw or a straight draw. Should I have folded to his flop 4 bet??

Hero (BTN): 110.4 BB
SB: 100 BB (VPIP: 15.91, PFR: 10.23, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 88)
BB: 220.2 BB (VPIP: 9.52, PFR: 9.52, 3Bet Preflop: 12.50, Hands: 21)
UTG: 112.2 BB (VPIP: 14.29, PFR: 14.29, 3Bet Preflop: 12.50, Hands: 21)
MP: 108.4 BB (VPIP: 11.94, PFR: 8.96, 3Bet Preflop: 5.68, Hands: 211)
CO: 103.6 BB (VPIP: 17.78, PFR: 13.33, 3Bet Preflop: 10.53, Hands: 46)

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has Qd Qs
fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, BB calls 2 BB

Flop : (6.4 BB, 2 players) Jd 4c 9c
BB checks, Hero bets 4 BB, BB raises to 10 BB, Hero raises to 28 BB, BB raises to 50 BB, Hero raises to 107.4 BB and is all-in, BB calls 57.4 BB

Turn : (221.2 BB, 2 players) Kh

River : (221.2 BB, 2 players) 2c

BB shows Js 9h (Two Pair, Jacks and Nines)
(Pre 14%, Flop 71%, Turn 73%)

Hero shows Qd Qs (One Pair, Queens)
(Pre 86%, Flop 29%, Turn 27%)

BB wins 212 BB

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Copying AlexTheOwl work with tight calling range from database

V Range { QQ=2, AKs=2, AKo=1, KK=1, AJs=1, AQo=1, 99=1, 95s=1, AA=1, 88=1, Adding JJ=1}

Villain calls: { QQ=2, KK=1, AA=1, AJs=1, JJ=1} 5 combos

Villain folds: {AKs=2, AKo=1, AQo=1, 95s=1, 88=1} 6 combos

Hero is blocking one A and one K, board is blocking one J effecting hands in calling range, KK,AA,AJs and JJ reducing KK: 6to4-0.66, AA:0.66, AJs:4to2-0.5, JJ:4to3-0.75

Thus calling combos: QQ=2, KK=1*0.66, AA=1*0.66, AJs=1*0.5, JJ=1*0.75 => 4.57 combos

Folding range changes, AKs:4to2-0.5, AKo:12to6-0.5,AQo=12to9-0.75,

Thus folding combos: AKs=2*0.5, AKo=1*0.5, AQo=1*0.75, 95s=1, 88=1 => 4.25 combos

We get that his initial assumption 50/50 – call/fold stands quite close when comparing to measured data.

Edit, also again noting that making things more complicated do not change the result usually

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Such a freakin frustrating day. Started with loosing 2 buyins for the above hands then ran a very long session now. 1.7k hands. I go up 2 buyins then come back down. It has been like that the whole session. At one time I'm playing really great but then I'm overvaluing my pre flop monsters which always seem to flop very bad.
In the end raised bug vs a limp from SB vs a limp. Flop comes KJ3. I bet he min raise, I tilt shove bugger calls with 33.
Has been getting outflopped pretty bad today. Pretty damn frustrating. Ended with a net loss of 50BB.
PT4 shows a net lost of $17+ for today.
I'm taking a break. Roll back down under $300.
Need to find out what's missing.

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some expensive hands

Hero (BTN): 222.6 BB
SB: 95.2 BB (VPIP: 14.29, PFR: 7.14, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 15)
BB: 116.6 BB (VPIP: 33.33, PFR: 22.22, 3Bet Preflop: 25.00, Hands: 10)
UTG: 152 BB (VPIP: 50.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 3)
MP: 122.6 BB (VPIP: 17.35, PFR: 17.35, 3Bet Preflop: 10.00, Hands: 98)
CO: 123.2 BB (VPIP: 42.86, PFR: 14.29, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 7)

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has Kh Qh
fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, SB calls 2.6 BB, BB calls 2 BB

Flop : (9 BB, 3 players) Qd 9d 5h
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets 5 BB, SB calls 5 BB, fold

Turn : (19 BB, 2 players) Kc
SB checks, Hero bets 14 BB, SB raises to 42 BB, Hero calls 28 BB

River : (103 BB, 2 players) 8h
SB bets 45.2 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 45.2 BB

SB shows 5c 5d (Three of a Kind, Fives)
(Pre 50%, Flop 93%, Turn 91%)

Hero shows Kh Qh (Two Pair, Kings and Queens)
(Pre 50%, Flop 7%, Turn 9%)

SB wins 185.4 BB

BTN: 115 BB (VPIP: 37.50, PFR: 25.00, 3Bet Preflop: 33.33, Hands: 9)
SB: 91.6 BB (VPIP: 50.00, PFR: 45.45, 3Bet Preflop: 28.57, Hands: 22)
Hero (BB): 104 BB
UTG: 559.6 BB (VPIP: 24.62, PFR: 18.46, 3Bet Preflop: 7.14, Hands: 70)
MP: 115 BB (VPIP: 34.21, PFR: 23.68, 3Bet Preflop: 8.33, Hands: 40)
CO: 114.2 BB (VPIP: 29.58, PFR: 21.13, 3Bet Preflop: 10.71, Hands: 72)

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has 9h Kh
fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to 3 BB, Hero calls 2 BB

Flop : (6 BB, 2 players) 9c 3h 4h
SB bets 3 BB, Hero calls 3 BB

Turn : (12 BB, 2 players) Ah
SB bets 5.8 BB, Hero raises to 14 BB, SB calls 8.2 BB

River : (40 BB, 2 players) Ad
SB checks, Hero bets 23 BB, SB raises to 71.6 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 48.6 BB

SB shows Ac 4d (Full House, Aces full of Fours)
(Pre 55%, Flop 14%, Turn 9%)

Hero shows 9h Kh (Flush, Ace High)
(Pre 45%, Flop 86%, Turn 91%)

SB wins 175.6 BB
Not sure what I was doing here. Should've folded at least turn. Bluffing on 3 bets pots can get really expensive. People don't know where the fold button is

Hero (BTN): 136.8 BB
SB: 108.8 BB (VPIP: 20.00, PFR: 20.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 11)
BB: 53.2 BB (VPIP: 17.39, PFR: 8.70, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 24)
UTG: 100 BB (VPIP: 8.33, PFR: 6.25, 3Bet Preflop: 6.25, Hands: 52)
MP: 131.6 BB (VPIP: 21.85, PFR: 17.65, 3Bet Preflop: 8.89, Hands: 121)
CO: 135.8 BB (VPIP: 13.64, PFR: 13.64, 3Bet Preflop: 7.69, Hands: 22)

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has Qs Ks
fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, SB raises to 10 BB, fold, Hero calls 7 BB

Flop : (21 BB, 2 players) 6c 9d 9s
SB bets 7 BB, Hero calls 7 BB

Turn : (35 BB, 2 players) 2s
SB bets 10 BB, Hero calls 10 BB

River : (55 BB, 2 players) 2h
SB checks, Hero bets 43 BB, SB calls 43 BB

Hero shows Qs Ks (Two Pair, Nines and Twos)
(Pre 46%, Flop 28%, Turn 32%)

SB shows Th Td (Two Pair, Tens and Nines)
(Pre 54%, Flop 72%, Turn 68%)

SB wins 135.2 BB

BTN: 67 BB (VPIP: 75.00, PFR: 50.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 4)
Hero (SB): 191.6 BB
BB: 102.8 BB (VPIP: 27.86, PFR: 24.29, 3Bet Preflop: 12.50, Hands: 140)
UTG: 186.2 BB (VPIP: 13.33, PFR: 13.33, 3Bet Preflop: 8.33, Hands: 45)
MP: 153.4 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 2)
CO: 100 BB (VPIP: 30.00, PFR: 18.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 52)

Hero posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has As Qd
fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to 4 BB, Hero raises to 10 BB, fold, BTN calls 6 BB

Flop : (21 BB, 2 players) 7h 8c Ah
Hero bets 11.6 BB, BTN calls 11.6 BB

Turn : (44.2 BB, 2 players) 9c
Hero bets 170 BB and is all-in, BTN calls 45.4 BB and is all-in

River : (135 BB, 2 players) 5d

Hero shows As Qd (One Pair, Aces)
(Pre 60%, Flop 80%, Turn 0%)

BTN shows Ts Js (Straight, Jack High)
(Pre 40%, Flop 20%, Turn 100%)

BTN wins 129.4 BB

BTN: 132.8 BB (VPIP: 26.13, PFR: 24.32, 3Bet Preflop: 13.33, Hands: 232)
SB: 49.4 BB (VPIP: 19.44, PFR: 15.28, 3Bet Preflop: 5.41, Hands: 74)
BB: 113.4 BB (VPIP: 25.64, PFR: 15.38, 3Bet Preflop: 6.25, Hands: 39)
UTG: 101.8 BB (VPIP: 22.61, PFR: 19.13, 3Bet Preflop: 3.13, Hands: 115)
MP: 100 BB (VPIP: 28.57, PFR: 21.43, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 14)
Hero (CO): 493.8 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has 6d 5d
fold, fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, BTN calls 3 BB, fold, fold

Flop : (7.4 BB, 2 players) 3s Qc Qh
Hero bets 4 BB, BTN calls 4 BB

Turn : (15.4 BB, 2 players) 8c
Hero bets 11 BB, BTN calls 11 BB

River : (37.4 BB, 2 players) 2s
Hero bets 35 BB, BTN calls 35 BB

Hero shows 6d 5d (One Pair, Queens)
(Pre 23%, Flop 4%, Turn 0%)

BTN shows Jh Jc (Two Pair, Queens and Jacks)
(Pre 77%, Flop 96%, Turn 100%)

BTN wins 103 BB

When I analyse the hands it seems I'm bluffing in the wrong spots and making unnecessary big bluffs. And also becomes a big loose when I go aggro on fish.
I thought some of them I corrected but they seem to have returned. Need more discipline.

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well... how to beat this shit

BTN: 100 BB (VPIP: 33.33, PFR: 33.33, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 3)
Hero (SB): 186.2 BB
BB: 104.6 BB (VPIP: 20.29, PFR: 17.39, 3Bet Preflop: 9.62, Hands: 141)
UTG: 64 BB (VPIP: 17.44, PFR: 13.95, 3Bet Preflop: 7.46, Hands: 348)
MP: 172.6 BB (VPIP: 22.58, PFR: 22.58, 3Bet Preflop: 45.45, Hands: 34)
CO: 118.8 BB (VPIP: 22.47, PFR: 20.22, 3Bet Preflop: 5.88, Hands: 91)

Hero posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has Kd Ac
fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to 2.4 BB, Hero raises to 11 BB, fold, BTN raises to 26.4 BB, Hero raises to 186.2 BB and is all-in, BTN calls 73.6 BB and is all-in

Flop : (201 BB, 2 players) 5s Ts Js

Turn : (201 BB, 2 players) 4s

River : (201 BB, 2 players) 2d

Hero shows Kd Ac (High Card, Ace)
(Pre 69%, Flop 0%, Turn 0%)

BTN shows 3s As (Flush, Ace High)
(Pre 31%, Flop 100%, Turn 100%)

BTN wins 192.6 BB

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So some ideas, not really meant to be answers as I don’t have those

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has Kh Qh
fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, SB calls 2.6 BB, BB calls 2 BB

Seems standard, but we know we are mostly beat given stat of the villain. Most logical hand V has is TJs (4 combos). I don’t see way out though, we could do exploitable fold on the turn or river but that would be quite hard. His set is totally disguised when he does not raise flop.

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has 9h Kh
fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to 3 BB, Hero calls 2 BB

OTR we know villain has minimum trips, given wild stats we make sigh-call.

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has Qs Ks
fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, SB raises to 10 BB, fold, Hero calls 7 BB

“Not sure what I was doing here. Should've folded at least turn. Bluffing on 3 bets pots can get really expensive. People don't know where the fold button is”

Agree, to play like this we should know little bit more about V, I think this was slightly negative play not a big mistake. On blind wars it’s typical that even nittier players at 5NL zoom call at least 2 streets with second pair+. I would prefer to see turn raise (no fold) – river barrel (many folds) if we decide to bluff (I would have folded flop with K high, with A high I might find a call)

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has As Qd
fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to 4 BB, Hero raises to 10 BB, fold, BTN calls 6 BB

We read him fish. We 3bet him to 12bb to 15bb, pot is about 25bb, and after that it doesn’t really matter anymore. EDIT: Given we are ready to play for stacks pre, I would.

As played Flop we should bet as much as we dare, if he has a draw he never folds, if he has Ax he never folds. At least 15bb.

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has 6d 5d
fold, fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, BTN calls 3 BB, fold, fold

When villain calls turn we know he won’t be giving up any more easily. Actually given you are 500bb deep he is pissing his pants and still calls flop, so even turn barrel might be wrong. Also he probably has already notes on you saying something like : “3 barrel A-high (7)” :D

I think all plays you presented would have worked against correct player so not bad.

“I'm bluffing in the wrong spots and making unnecessary big bluffs.” I had similar in 5NL zoom, the problem for me was that against some it works against and against some it does not work, and given too little data it’s hard to decide who to bluff. Actually I had a note in my screen saying :”Don’t bluff”. I decided that any big bluff is wrong, if I don’t have data to support it is profitable given the opponent. This works beautifully in 5NL but not in 10NL zoom anymore.

Last edited:
B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Well... how to beat this shit" Like just like you played? Happy shark. You'r EV was +70bb, I would have -80bb in same spot and you dare to complain, grrr.....

EV is real, the green line is not. Had you won this, you would have lost somewhere else. In EV you have infinite number of hands, compared to mere one hand in green line.

Last edited:
Real Money Poker - Real Money Casinos