After 8 years of thinking " I am good player" It turned out "I am Bad"

Aragveli81

Aragveli81

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have read Ed Miller's -" Small Stakes " Alton Hardin- "Fundametal of Exploitative online poker" Jonathan little - "Strategies for beating SMALL STAKES POKER cash games " and have read many articles and seen much more videos.

M

marakhovskii

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
maybe, with you luck plays hide and seek, then the winner will get everything ...

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The fact that you have acknowledged your mistake is already the key to success

The fact that you have acknowledged your mistake is already the key to success. We all lose and win, the result depends on the distance. My advice to you is, go through the whole poker school, watch as many videos on TV as possible, it's very useful to watch how professionals play. And over time, the experience will come to you, the main thing is to have a goal.

S

Smokewood

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you trying to bluff or makes plays at the micro stakes (25nl and below)?
If so, that may be your problem. At the micro stakes do not play like a pro would. Just bet when you think you have the best hand and fold when you don't.

If it is hard for you to play like that (as it is for me) then move up stakes where you can actually make plays on people because they are actuually thinking about what you are doing and not just about what they are doing.

I also highly suggest Doyle Brunson's Super System 2 and also The Theory of Poker by Sklansky.

Aragveli81

Aragveli81

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you trying to bluff or makes plays at the micro stakes (25nl and below)?
If so, that may be your problem. At the micro stakes do not play like a pro would. Just bet when you think you have the best hand and fold when you don't.

If it is hard for you to play like that (as it is for me) then move up stakes where you can actually make plays on people because they are actuually thinking about what you are doing and not just about what they are doing.

I also highly suggest Doyle Brunson's Super System 2 and also The Theory of Poker by Sklansky.
thank you for reply I definitely will read Super System ...The theory of poker I already have read...

AgentXtreme

AgentXtreme

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You came to the right place buddy , CC has some great players to help you if you want to learn and improve your game

B

BetterNot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the fact that you can acknowledge that you have a problem is the first step towards being a better player. try to analyze your game and find where it goes wrong and do some research on basic tips and tricks

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
8 years before discovering Cardschat, so you never hear of 'Variance' before?
You need to approach poker as an entertainment first, so expect to cost you some money but not too much. Expect to win 1 out of 10 perhaps, then if you stay active on Cardschat and comment your hands with the community, as you play Higher Limits you will find better players and your wins should improve
;)

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Variance is feeded as an excuse for fish so they would play more. Usually from other fish though, so they would not feel so bad. Similar when you try quitting smoking, many smokers try to make you start again.

Edit: I'm not claiming variance does not exist, just that more often than not it's not the reason. I had my almost 100k hands shitty season.

Last edited:
Aragveli81

Aragveli81

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the fact that you can acknowledge that you have a problem is the first step towards being a better player. try to analyze your game and find where it goes wrong and do some research on basic tips and tricks
thank you ! on my way!

admiting that I am not good inaf made me more clone to think about game and this is perfect for now! I feel game better than before ! Now I am Constantly trying to improve!

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MrSamsa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well if you ever get any better let us know man! I know how this stuff can feel I've recently realized after 4 years how bad that I really am, but thats the first step in getting better so they say.

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is 99% of players. A lot like drivers, just because you drive a car everyday without crashing doesn't make you a good driver.

P

pavel599

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Brother, there is no professionalism here. All trying to earn something.

K

Klito

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You better play tournaments That way you improve your game and after a big score in a tournament you can play some cash

P

Pakiao13

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You can believe that it is exactly the same thing that happens to me now, only that I also blamed the "fishermen" who abound in my limits and who destroyed me premiuns, I stopped playing for a while to realize that I was doing badly , I tried to improve by playing more and more for having more experience but without discipline, now I also change.

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
All the legendary players in any sports in some moment realized that they had weak points. Then they worked hard on that. You are in the right way.
I think there is a lot of good material to you improve your game here in Cardschat . And more, many members are very willing to help anyone who asks for help in the forum.

S

Sorin Iliescu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
only 10% of the players are on profit so don't feel bad about you

G

GLovvorn

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As the old saying goes, you can learn poker in ten minutes but you can never truly master it. Here is another thought to go with that. You don't have to be the best you just need to make fewer mistakes than the rest of the table.

Focus on learning to make sound decisions based on both the math of the situation and who you are playing. Either half will improve your game but it takes both numbers and reading your opponents to really make progress.
Just my opinion.

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Important

The important thing esque fences discovering that limits you're good, I suggest playing at low limits, playing in low and middle limits you remove some of the pressure, it is advice

P

paulsmall007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well how much time are you spending learning the game versus just playing and getting on the job training so to speak. or what is your gameplan to get better

R

roadmanraja

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
8 years is a long time, all players are constantly refining their game for the current era but if your fundamentals is the reason your losing money then you definitely need that revisited. Personally I find that keeping emotions to the side, my strategy only improves by versing better players.

M

MrSamsa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thank you for reply I definitely will read Super System ...The theory of poker I already have read...

If you get this absolutely DO NOT read Super System it is out dated and useless at this point. If you follow any of the advice in there you will get eaten alive.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I think that good players are only those ,whose money balance is +,although they play freeroll or high money tournaments.

T

thetank111

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree. You should focus on studying the game. Once you game improves, you will see the profit increases. Studying the game is like going to school, it take time and hard work.