Ace Rag Suited

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you don't try to flop a flush. You try to flop enough equity to all you to be aggressive

J

j_unatrix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is interesting that you ask this and i think it really depends on the game (limits/opponents). Ace rag suited can sometimes be profitable even because you may already have the best hand against loose opponents. Even with that said though against these looser type of opponents tighter play is usually the most profitable style in the long run...just something to think about :eek:. I think though since you said you feel that you can lay down the pair of aces when you think you are beat then this is a playable hand for your game for the most part.

IcyBlueAce

IcyBlueAce

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Look at it this way: A rag s can get u in trouble, if you can get away, fine. But even getting in cheap in position, yr chances of flopping that flush are around 120:1. So 119 times you are basically paying for a hand you will throw away (unless you are chasing a draw), and either way, if 3 to a flush hit the board u r unlikely to get paid off for all the times you threw in yr chips (dozens of times -- you need a big payback to break even and it is unlikely).

What about the odds of you hitting 2 pair or the odds of others not being dealt an ace.. hitting 3 pair.. ect? That sure chops the 119 down to size, am I right or am I wrong?

bolda3

bolda3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
trying to play these hands to catch a flush is foolish, or even 2pair. i would never play these utg or in early position especially in a tourney. if you're playing 1/2c cash games it is slightly more acceptable but no from early position

three3y3

three3y3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
most of the time this game is jsut getting lucky....with a suited ace ill mostly stick to playing these hands in late pos ...and will almost never call a preflopp raise with .......its a great hand to get paid off with when you hit a flush cuz the way it seems at the lower levels especially no one ever believes .....i usually check the flush when it hits and let them catch up hit a straight or two pair or if they too have a flush let them think their king or queen high is good....then if they bet the river i just quickly reraise two or three times their river bet or maybe just insta shove on em ..i like to make my river bets fast when i have the nuts ...looks really bluffy

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everytime you limp, the poker gods kill a kitten to soothe their anger at such a stupid move. Save the kittens, stop limping.

Hmm I do think that your gods should kill something else...

however calling can be the right play, especiall after other limpers, as always it depends who you playing against and what you want to achive with your hand.

as for the AXs just remember the flush draw is at 3% so alone it's a no good, you have to be able to lay down weak kickers hands if you get the Ace, and that will put you in though spots.