Is ABC poker the best strategy at Micros ?

E

enesem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very interesting.

Thanks for posting.

IPlay

IPlay

Bum hunts 25NL
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No offense enesem but I think you think you are a lot better than you actually are. Stop stacking off because you have an overpair, sometimes you need to fold AA post flop and not get all your chips in the middle.

E

enesem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No offense enesem but I think you think you are a lot better than you actually are. Stop stacking off because you have an overpair, sometimes you need to fold AA post flop and not get all your chips in the middle.

So, I think I am a lot better than I actually am ? No.

I am being very open about my the faults in my own game, and I am positive steps to improve.

I have a blog where I am reporting the lessons I am working on (in case any other person in my position is interested in progress). I state clearly there that I am not as good a player as I thought.

I am using the fantastic opportunities afforded by the forum to debate ideas about Poker and asking honest, open questions in the pursuit of enlightenment, in an environment of friendly banter.

I am buying books and studying, with a subscription to Deuces Cracked. On Friday I am having a professional Poker coach go over my stats and my play.

And this thread was a genuine question about loose play. I opened by stating it wasn't about me.

So, thanks for your comment, I am not sure how it fits in with me so I refer you to the answer given in Arkell vs Pressdram.

IPlay

IPlay

Bum hunts 25NL
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You make a post every other day stating that fish just get lucky and always beat you, you never get cards and when you do it gets folded to you or your aces get cracked 29 times in a row. It is good though that you realize you are a fish but making threads REPEATEDLY about this and not posting any hand histories is just kind of a waste of time. Majority of your threads are rants about bad beats and implying that the best hand on flop never wins because the fish ALWAYS suck out. It is like you are posting these threads just hoping that people will agree with you and say you are doing a good job or something. Good luck with your coaching and studying and I do hope your game improves.

In the future if you are going to make a thread complaining about your bad hands or how your aces get cracked all the time, post hand histories too. Posting a sympathy rant is not helping your game at all.

Good luck on the tables!

E

enesem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You make a post every other day stating that fish just get lucky and always beat you, you never get cards and when you do it gets folded to you or your aces get cracked 29 times in a row. It is good though that you realize you are a fish but making threads REPEATEDLY about this and not posting any hand histories is just kind of a waste of time. Majority of your threads are rants about bad beats and implying that the best hand on flop never wins because the fish ALWAYS suck out. It is like you are posting these threads just hoping that people will agree with you and say you are doing a good job or something. Good luck with your coaching and studying and I do hope your game improves.

In the future if you are going to make a thread complaining about your bad hands or how your aces get cracked all the time, post hand histories too. Posting a sympathy rant is not helping your game at all.

Good luck on the tables!

Look, I admit when I first started to post I was fully in victim mode, I think it's something a lot of players don't realise they are doing. Now I see that mentality in many people posting, and I am sorry for having posted like that. I realised it was wrong, and since then I have vowed to not make those kind of posts.

You are right to call me out on it, it is bad form. But, a lot of beginners make the same mistakes in thinking and are driven to forums with the wrong mentality. So I hold my hand up, I should have posted better.

In this case, I really think you have misunderstood me in this post. I was genuinely asking a question based on observations on styles of play. It's a fair question to ask whether a loose style of play can pay in the long run.

By asking, I now have got great feedback, and it seems the answer to this particular question, "Does loose play pay off" is this:

1) Yes, if you feed it with bad play (so my mistakes help the bad player) and
2) Yes, if you only look at short term results. Nathan Willaims in his book states that samples of less than 100,000 hands can be unreliable. So, my set of 30,000 is not going to show anything meaningful.

The real answer is of course a resounding NO, and I am glad to hear it. I am currently working through some great videos on DC on variance, and learning lots more. I wouldn't have found them had I not asked this question, and the answers did help me to understand the longer game.

I am grateful to everyone for their responses to this and other posts, Iplay, you included.

And, in future, if I post a hand or genuinely decent question, I look forward to hearing your thoughts and feedback, Iplay, you included. Likewise, if I ask a stupid question, feel free to let me know, I won't take offence. Poker is a steep learning curve. I will do my best to make my interactions here positive.

Thanks again to everyone for the information.

shanest

shanest

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
Playing ABC definitely does work at the micros either you are just running bad or you are making some big mistakes in the way you play your premium hands. Post some of the hands you refer to and we'll take a look. If you start playing weak hands OOP you are just as bad as the fish who have been sucking out on you, don't do it! This is not how to beat the micros.

I'd have to agree with this

Thinker_145

Thinker_145

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My sample is really small in comparison but here it goes anyways.

Poker%201.JPG

magicius

magicius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ABC poker is great for 2nl and maybe 5nl,i tried few styles but ABC works best (for me atleast) if u have healthy roll you can play LAG since LAG makes most moneys... i wouldnt recomend TAG since your 5bet doesnt means anything to that russkie over there holding A6o and than he crush your KK with 666 or something....

about winning with premiums overall everyone is in + with them... i think i only have small + with AKo... and :jd4: :jd4: :)

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^ so what, you don't 5bet KK vs fish who will call with A6? Yeah, that doesn't work at all lol

magicius

magicius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^ so what, you don't 5bet KK vs fish who will call with A6? Yeah, that doesn't work at all lol

I thought its zoom we are talking,my bad... And yes in zoom 5nl when i do call 5bet i usualy am against AA,yes i saw people shoving Ax there but most of time its aces.
Last night i called 3bet vs supernova and i hit kkk on k73 board,i thought he have aces when he shoved,but funny he had 67s... So yea weird moves happens here

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk

el_magiciann

el_magiciann

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

My top 5 winning hands on last 100k hands.

View attachment 57348

So, the "money is from weak hands that improve" statement is wrong.

Of course i cant believe that our premium hands make us more trouble and more losings than winnings :D It sometimes happen when we don't play good poker or we feel lost and unlucky but in long period we make the biggest profit from them! :)

Bubbles

Bubbles

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think you should be using a chart to play a hand. While having a guide as what hands to play in certain spots is ok, you should be playing a hand based on if its profitable, not whether its on a chart.

What I mean is. sometimes 72 is profitable in the right spot. It doenst matter what the cards are all the time. If the spot is good, play the hand.

magicius

magicius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think you should be using a chart to play a hand. While having a guide as what hands to play in certain spots is ok, you should be playing a hand based on if its profitable, not whether its on a chart.

What I mean is. sometimes 72 is profitable in the right spot. It doenst matter what the cards are all the time. If the spot is good, play the hand.

Ehm 72 should never be player... Maybe only when ps have promo

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk