A new plan on building bankroll?

KyleJRM

KyleJRM

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how is investing $8.70 in a 26 dollar token sng, after your up say 30 on the day, how is that investing a lot of money? once again how bout read it all b4 you reply.

I read it all. If you have the bankroll to play $8.70, then play $8.70 consistently.

Anything else is a poorly concocted scheme that increases variance in the hopes of luck.

But I'm sure you'll be different from all the other people who didn't have the patience to make money at poker and thought they had a system worked out.

And your sharkscope tells a *very* different story than you do about how good you are at SNGs and how consistently you win. Be completely honest with yourself: You aren't displaying the patience that winning poker requires and you are looking for a shortcut. You are not the first. You will not be the first to fail.

FatBasset

FatBasset

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's your money and your plan. If you have faith in it, go for it.

I would like to hear how it goes for you. Seems to me from your posts that you have already been trying it. How have you done in the $75 tourneys?

petey5o

petey5o

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I read it all. If you have the bankroll to play $8.70, then play $8.70 consistently.

Anything else is a poorly concocted scheme that increases variance in the hopes of luck.

But I'm sure you'll be different from all the other people who didn't have the patience to make money at poker and thought they had a system worked out.

And your sharkscope tells a *very* different story than you do about how good you are at SNGs and how consistently you win. Be completely honest with yourself: You aren't displaying the patience that winning poker requires and you are looking for a shortcut. You are not the first. You will not be the first to fail.

i played sngs for 2 years here and there...if you go to OPR where you can look at exactly $5 buy ins....you'll see i played more last month than the 2 years b4. And you'll say oh maybe i was wrong.
Also if you look at the graph on sharkscope you'll see some parts where there is a huge swing up or down. ......when you see a few where it looks like i lost 75 dollars....its when i used a 75 dollar token...which i payed 8.70 to get. so in all reality losing 8.70 .....on your sharkscope stats looks like you lost 75.

petey5o

petey5o

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's your money and your plan. If you have faith in it, go for it.

I would like to hear how it goes for you. Seems to me from your posts that you have already been trying it. How have you done in the $75 tourneys?

i thought this up a few months ago, never took it serious tho.. won 4 26 dollar tokens, and still had the BR i started with. I took 2 and finished 3rd in the next level up for $66, and won a $75 token. i was at a friends one night DRUNK. said im gonna use that 75 dollar token in a 9 seater now. got in the one where you start with 300 chips by accident lol. all in with AQ vs something worse. Lost. Then just used the other 26 dollar tokens for MTT's. and havent went back to it since. But i'm gonna play an occasional sng here and there this weekend. then try this full force monday.

KyleJRM

KyleJRM

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i played sngs for 2 years here and there...if you go to OPR where you can look at exactly $5 buy ins....you'll see i played more last month than the 2 years b4. And you'll say oh maybe i was wrong.
Also if you look at the graph on sharkscope you'll see some parts where there is a huge swing up or down. ......when you see a few where it looks like i lost 75 dollars....its when i used a 75 dollar token...which i payed 8.70 to get. so in all reality losing 8.70 .....on your sharkscope stats looks like you lost 75.

A) No, it doesn't.

1) Refuses to listen to people who explain why his system is bad, meaning he didn't want discussion just validation...check.
2) Has losing sharkscope but reason why he thinks it shouldn't count...check.
3) Convinced a winning subset of his play over a short sample ($5 games in the last month) is his real ability level... check.
4) Has stated that he's impatient and wants to see a big score rather than steady games...check.

You are displaying all the classic signs of a losing poker player in denial. Accept people's advice who know more than you (not me, the several others in this thread), and maybe you can turn that around.

petey5o

petey5o

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why dont you look at my opr and tell me if im a losing player?

5-10 dollar sngs 3-10 players
$5 - $10 $802 $88 12% $6 7 0% 54/128 42% 20,28,4
buy in prize profit roi abi afs r/a itm 1/2/3

out of those 128.......67 were 6 seaters last month. with a 24% roi....so i've played in 128 in my full tilt career (2 years)....67 last month. looks like i got serious about sitngos, for the first time ever. If you notice b4 i was down in STTs...and up in Mtts. Now im up in both.

Last edited:
petey5o

petey5o

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A) No, it doesn't.

1) Refuses to listen to people who explain why his system is bad, meaning he didn't want discussion just validation...check.
2) Has losing sharkscope but reason why he thinks it shouldn't count...check.
3) Convinced a winning subset of his play over a short sample ($5 games in the last month) is his real ability level... check.
4) Has stated that he's impatient and wants to see a big score rather than steady games...check.

You are displaying all the classic signs of a losing poker player in denial. Accept people's advice who know more than you (not me, the several others in this thread), and maybe you can turn that around.

you shouldnt even be giving advice on here.....62 total tournies on full tilt with $148 in prizes? 139 on poker stars with $205 in prizes? yeah thats sngs and everything....and your ragging my 1400 tournies, which when you opr you will see im a winning player? you think your right about everything. think you got my stats down pat. think again. Im not the losing player. oh hold on your not either. Your a rookie, you might have more freerolls on me or something. I'm not saying oh im the man, im not. I'm just saying b4 you start running someone down as a losing player when you can simply go to officialpokerrankings.com and see there not. Have some decent stats yourself.

KyleJRM

KyleJRM

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's why I said listen to the other players on this forum. I'm not the one who is claiming to have figured out a new system that flies against conventional wisdom and has been rejected by several actually good poker players in this thread. You were the one whining early because you thought people didn't read your posts, and here I clearly stated that I do not consider myself a particularly good player.

(Oh, and poker forum tradition requires I challenge you HU4ROLLZ now)

jdeliverer

jdeliverer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I probably shouldn't get involved in this, but aside from questioning how good your plan is, why post your plan if you don't want to discuss it?

And like the others, I see no difference between this plan and playing progressively higher Sng's.

petey5o

petey5o

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i never once said i was a good player. But am i gonna defend myself when someone says something thats not true and is easy to look up (losing player?) yeah. I didnt start this thread to start a pissing contest, nor did i say once that i figured out a new system, "that flies agaisnt conventional wisdom." I proposed the idea of it. I have won 26 dollar tokens b4, and 75 dollar tokens b4. But i never won them for this purpose. so here you are posting more unfactual information. whats this now the 9th time? And i listened to every one of them. but i need a lil more depth and willus finally went into that. I repeatedly saw the same thing in 4233209023 posts in a row.
one more thing tho by any chance are you a republican kyle...u sure can make stuff up like they can.

Last edited:
KyleJRM

KyleJRM

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i never once said i was a good player.

I never said you said it.

But am i gonna defend myself when someone says something thats not true and is easy to look up (losing player?) yeah.
Take your OPR ranking listed winnings and subtract your sharkscope. What does that leave us with?

nor did i say once that i figured out a new system, "that flies agaisnt conventional wisdom."
You don't have to say it explicitly for it to be true.

I proposed the idea of it.
And that idea has been debunked by several good players with sound logic. Your responses have sometimes indicated you don't quite get what they are saying.

I have won 26 dollar tokens b4, and 75 dollar tokens b4. But i never won them for this purpose. so here you are posting more unfactual information. whats this now the 9th time? And i listened to every one of them. but i need a lil more depth and willus finally went into that. I repeatedly saw the same thing in 4233209023 posts in a row.
Probably because you keep disputing the "same thing" when it's right.

This is a scheme by which you play progressively higher levels by investing profits. This increases variance and risk of ruin without appreciably increasing likely return.

petey5o

petey5o

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never said you said it.

Take your OPR ranking listed winnings and subtract your sharkscope. What does that leave us with?

You don't have to say it explicitly for it to be true.

And that idea has been debunked by several good players with sound logic. Your responses have been somewhat less coherent and logical.

Probably because you keep disputing the "same thing" when it's right.

This is a scheme by which you play progressively higher levels by investing profits. This increases variance and risk of ruin without appreciably increasing likely return.

can you please just do a tad bit of research know half of what your talking about b4 i have to read any more of this bs.

OPR - tracks everything. SNGS MTTS. If its on sharkscope its on OPR. Dumbass.

This are some of the comments i got when i was complaing.
Comparing this to roulette. how can you compare risking your BR in $5 sngs, playing agaisnt other players. to Playing in a game with bad odds and trying to beat the house. YOU CANT. someone trying to look cute with a stupid not thought out at all answer.

having a 10k bankroll and buying in the main event. Please someone tell me the most that would be coming out of my starting bankroll at one time in this.....$5.50 once again someone trying to look cute...wasteing mine and their time.

I'm done with you, your comments are coming back dumber and dumber, your trying to contradict everything i say. Spinning some things off so far in the last one i dont even know what to say. because it makes no sense. Keep playing your $2 sngs. and do me a favor. If i post again, i don't want or need your advice. So just pretend its not there.

KyleJRM

KyleJRM

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
can you please just do a tad bit of research know half of what your talking about b4 i have to read any more of this bs.

OPR - tracks everything. SNGS MTTS. If its on sharkscope its on OPR. Dumbass.

Okay. Then let's take just OPR for your NL Holdem stats, which I presume are the games you intend on playing with your scheme?

This are some of the comments i got when i was complaing.
Comparing this to roulette. how can you compare risking your BR in $5 sngs, playing agaisnt other players. to Playing in a game with bad odds and trying to beat the house. YOU CANT. someone trying to look cute with a stupid not thought out at all answer.

And again you've proven you don't have a clue what other people are saying, or even what your own posts are saying. You aren't risking your bankroll on $5 sngs, no matter how many times you attempt to phrase the question that way. You are risking your BR on a variety of tournaments, many of which are above the level of your tournaments. Because you are losing your profits the vast majority of the time in search of an occasional big score, you will have nothing to cover the inevitable downswings until that big score hits. These means you have a greater risk of ruin.

In the meantime, you yourself stated that this plan is not about making more money, just that you enjoy the idea of a big score.

So greater risk of ruin + no greater profit = bad plan.

I'm done with you, your comments are coming back dumber and dumber, your trying to contradict everything i say.
Only the stuff that is wrong.

Spinning some things off so far in the last one i dont even know what to say. because it makes no sense. Keep playing your $2 sngs. and do me a favor. If i post again, i don't want or need your advice. So just pretend its not there.

You may not want my advice. But you need it.

petey5o

petey5o

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im not even gonna read what you posted your wasteing my time, once again i didnt start this thread for a pissing contest...no matter how right i think i am....or how wrong i really am??? i sure as hell am gonna hear it from you and you are wasteing the shit out of my time. so have a great life.

KyleJRM

KyleJRM

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im not even gonna read what you posted your wasteing my time, once again i didnt start this thread for a pissing contest...no matter how right i think i am....or how wrong i really am??? i sure as hell am gonna hear it from you and you are wasteing the shit out of my time. so have a great life.

I will. I hope you do the same.

I'm sorry that you can't tell the difference between a simple discussion and a "pissing contest."

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management