Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have something to add:

Playing nitty ABC will work OK against crappy players.

Against better players, it is exploitable. It is to easy to assign a range to an ABC nitty TAGfish. You need to mix it up a bit against skilled opponents.

Just my $0.02

Seems to fit right in with the conversation.

6-max is probably not a good place to play nitty. I like FR better, but 6-max is a different game.

I do not mean any disrespect to anyone. I am merely stating my opinion.

D

DunningKruger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing poorly will certainly win you money against players that are playing even more poorly. The secret to poker has been, and always will be, to make sure you're one of the best players at the table.

Aleksei

Aleksei

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you not think regs playing basically the toughest poker games in the world right now (say 1k-5knl on pokerstars) know how to play postflop significantly better than we understand?
Yeah actually. I tend to avoid debating postflop play with higher-stakes regs because it's really qualitative and delves into variables I can't yet even begin to understand.

But just because someone can play circles around me postflop doesn't mean their preflop strategy is sound -- it can easily just mean they play so well it doesn't even matter. Or do you think that the fact Gus Hansen will flat 53o OOP because he's getting supposedly good pot odds is sound?

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It took 5 months playing live $1 $3 before the players adjusted and started eating me alive... So I had to get off the whole 18/14 strategy :)

Limping in late position a lot with random cards tends to work funny enuff. ofc still raise prems and high PP

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah actually. I tend to avoid debating postflop play with higher-stakes regs because it's really qualitative and delves into variables I can't yet even begin to understand.

But just because someone can play circles around me postflop doesn't mean their preflop strategy is sound -- it can easily just mean they play so well it doesn't even matter. Or do you think that the fact Gus Hansen will flat 53o OOP because he's getting supposedly good pot odds is sound?

If someone can play a hand profitably it's part of a range that is sound to play preflop.

Aleksei

Aleksei

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol I just asked my high stakes HUNL player friend about this. His response:

[2:09:35 PM] Kurt Fraser: there was an argument betweeen 18 and 22 lol?
[2:09:40 PM] darkmasterjoey: yeah
[2:09:44 PM] darkmasterjoey: it's stupid
[2:09:50 PM] Kurt Fraser: then you are all idiots lol
[2:09:55 PM] Kurt Fraser: with nothing else better to do
[2:10:03 PM] Kurt Fraser: its essentially same difference
So, I'm gonna take his advice and put my mind to more important stuff than arguing this. :p

robertgraves7

robertgraves7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The post about the lemons doesn't make sense. Your argument is that the increase in lemons resulted in a rise of fatalities, but if you look at that graph you can make a reasonable argument that the increase in lemons resulted in a lower rate of fatalities. That being said Mexicans plus lemons = safer roads

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The post about the lemons doesn't make sense. Your argument is that the increase in lemons resulted in a rise of fatalities, but if you look at that graph you can make a reasonable argument that the increase in lemons resulted in a lower rate of fatalities. That being said Mexicans plus lemons = safer roads

I don't know if you are serious, or being humorous...

:icon_scra

Aleksei

Aleksei

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't worry about it, it's funny either way :D