6-max or 9-max in microlimits

BenjiHustle

BenjiHustle

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is literally nothing better about 6-max unless you're only playing for fun. If you're trying to be profitable at all, 9-max is better for a number of reasons, not limited to: less forced blinds, less variance, higher profitability, and the most important thing is that you can sit with more players allowing for you to pick targets that make sense for your play and position. A lot of times, especially with me having to play at smaller traffic sites, I end up at tables with 3-4 regs, and at a 6-max table, that's just tough. I like having more room at the table for casuals.

kaynbergo

kaynbergo

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I agree, I also play cash games for 9 max in a simple game, more likely to enter the game, and less likely to get to BB

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you're a beginner poker player, I'd suggest you start playing 9-max, which means you'll have plenty of time to think about your decisions without overwhelming yourself.

However, the potential downside is that such a slow game can make you start to get bored or impatient, which can lead to you ending up in situations that are best for you to avoid.

I

irop1997

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
For me 6 max better, because you can learning other people

E

Easylu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Playing 6 more is more exploitable and your range of hands is made up of many more, you should not abuse the number of hands to play either.

andy1996

andy1996

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Has anyone played 2-max KO ZooM tournaments?? It was an interesting experience)

D3STR0Y3RaJ

D3STR0Y3RaJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
6 max is more dynamic and you can play wider range, at 9 max ranges are tighter.But if you have a small bankroll, you can play at 9 max tables using the MSS strategy, but you will have to learn this MSS strategy

Lister

Lister

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I think they're both cool, I play 9 max because there are more games, but I prefer 6 max because of the dynamism and it's easier...

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, choose the table that brings you profit, where there are more players who bring you profit

jasioo

jasioo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
If you are just starting to play poker, I recommend starting with 9- tables and playing tight. Later, when you learn to read your opponents, it is better to switch to 6-table . You will be able to play more loosely. at the same time, the game will become more dynamic. Once you have some experience, I recommend zoom tables - they will quickly verify your game and allow you to quickly improve your playing style. But there is also a risk that you will quickly lose a lot of money. If you use a tracker, always analyze the hands that lost the most after the session and think about whether you would play the same way or differently again.