6-max or 9-max in microlimits

D

DerlyGR

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello people!! I am playing in NL2. I was in pokerstars ZOOM mode, but they recommended me to play regular tables. When I wanted to go to regular tables I found 6-max and 9-max tables (as you know in ZOOM nl2 there is only 6-max). I would like you to advise me if I should play 6 or 9-max, what is the difference and your experiences if you have played both. Thank you so much!!

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello if you are starting out I recommend playing regular full ring tables so you will have more time to study how your rivals play and then move to 6max tables. And finally you can play zoom

23maxim88

23maxim88

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello people!! I am playing in NL2. I was in Pokerstars ZOOM mode, but they recommended me to play regular tables. When I wanted to go to regular tables I found 6-max and 9-max tables (as you know in ZOOM nl2 there is only 6-max). I would like you to advise me if I should play 6 or 9-max, what is the difference and your experiences if you have played both. Thank you so much!!
Personally, I enjoy playing 9-max tables. In 6-max, it's necessary to open up your range of starting hands more loosely.

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello people!! I am playing in NL2. I was in Pokerstars ZOOM mode, but they recommended me to play regular tables. When I wanted to go to regular tables I found 6-max and 9-max tables (as you know in ZOOM nl2 there is only 6-max). I would like you to advise me if I should play 6 or 9-max, what is the difference and your experiences if you have played both. Thank you so much!!
I also started playing at 9max tables on NL2. I think it's better than zoom because you're at the same table all the time with the same players and you can take notes on them, you also have more time to make any decision, and the game itself is a little different at the 9max table. You have to open a little less cards from early and middle positions and play an aggressive style all the way through your hands. If you like to play faster, then open 4-5 tables and you will definitely not get bored

ElScorcho008

ElScorcho008

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I am always a fan of 9 max myself

MrCryJoker

MrCryJoker

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It's an interesting topic, but I think it's a matter of taste and style of your game. As mentioned above, you need to play more carefully at 6-max tables and open a smaller range of hands. But if you think about it, it's easy to compensate for the number of open tables. As for zoom tables or stationary ones, I would prefer a stationary one where you can study your opponents play.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, Derly GR! First of all, I would advise You 6-max, because less risks by my opinion and more simply to count the chances of bank...

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
6-max is easier to understand... Playing 6-max...

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
you should play where you like best if you don't know where there are few people at the 6 max table because it will be easier for you to play with 6 players and you'll play faster and more hands so play best there

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on how you and the villans are playing.

The blinds will hit you more often playing 6m, so if you are playing tight maybe 9m would work better for you.

If you find the villans are folding too many of their blinds then maybe 6m would be the way to go.

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
6 max is for gamblers , 8 or 9 handed tables are better for patient, disciplined players .

nameless

nameless

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I prefer 6 max u hve to play more hands but i enjoy more i like the hiper turbo 6 max is a nice fast tournament

S

Sopt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SI
Chips
I prefer playing 6-max but I would always advise a newcomer to such type of play to go for full ring at start. The approach at regular tables is a bit different to ZOOM and you will find 6-max to be way too dynamic when you're starting out. People play with way different ranges and it's way easier to lose money on such tables.
Since it's micro limits you can try both and see from there, but in general I'd always suggest full ring at start.

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think for beginners 9 max is the better choice, you can play a bit tighter.
6 max is a lot more action based and extreme tight play is noticed very fast and exploited vastly.
So I would say play 9 max and try to find some strategy charts for the buy in you like. There are strategies based on Mid stack (at 80 bigblinds) buy in and full (100 big blinds) buy in.
These are for beginners to give an advice what to play preflop in which position and what to do if you get raised. Some give advice what to do on the flop and so on. There are places where you don't have to pay for such information, like some poker schools on the web.

Luca Santos

Luca Santos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
6-max already makes you play a wider range.
On micros where players don't have any range and it's practically impossible to play normally.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Either is better than zoom. I think both 6max and 9 max are good. 9max is slightly easier for beginners as you can play a tight strategy, rather than having to fight lots of marginal spots

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello friend, it is better to start at regular tables, if you like active play, more dynamic tables I recommend 6-max, there is more action than in 9-max. It is also clear that if you play at 9-max tables, the range of your hands will be narrower than at 6-max. I hope I have helped. greetings

poweROFLuck

poweROFLuck

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I like 6-max but for some reason most of time im playing 9-max:D

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
6-MAX there is more action and the blinds run faster, so we cannot play so tight. We have to steal the blinds more often and almost never call from the BB and SB if we want to be profitable.
If you have a small balance into your account I would recommend Full Ring tables (9-MAX).
If you have $ 50 dollars or more you can play Zoom as well.
Remember that 1 table of Zoom is equal to 3 regular tables running at once. 😊

Thanks for your post and keep on grinding!

Best regards;

kaynbergo

kaynbergo

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think 9 max is easier for a beginner to play, there is more time to wait for good cards