4bet shove with Queens, AK suited... or dare I say Jacks?!

C

ComplexPlaya

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is 2NL, surely, 5NL at a real push.

This isn't happening at 10NL /25NL

I remember 10 and 20NL being like that a few years ago, when they were the minimum stakes at least where I played.

Sorry for the OT, great posts in here btw. Still trying to get my head around 3-betting and 4-betting, this will surely help

D

Deceitful_Frank

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Over the last week or so beginning to play 10NL I have come to realise that not using a HUD was a HUGE mistake. I have finally got it set up and working.

It currently displays hands, VPIP, PFR, 3bet and Foldto3bet.

I have also started 3betting light with encouraging results and the content of this thread is beginning to make a lot of sence.

I feel its about time I started thinking about developing a good 4betting strategy as there are already many players I have several hundred hands on and are obviosly taking advantage of my tight careful image.

Can you guys give me an idea of how to take my apponants' pre-flop 3bet numbers and decide on a profitable 4betting range taking in to account stack sizes and pot odds etc?

I have been tinkering with pokerstove but when I select say a 6% range this isn't going to be the range that villain 3bets with is it? Surely he is 3betting with 6% of his opening range or is it 6% of his opening RAISING range?

I am a little confused but hopeful that it will be easy to figure out with your good help!

Thanks and regards again!

Frank.