40BB buy in at 5-10 cent

sCATpoker

sCATpoker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play with 20 BB occasionally and have moderate success. However my goal isn't really to win a lot, but rather to be entertained and still win. The main benefit I have found with a SS is one of the reasons I play SS. Is because I have less fold equity which means I am more likely to get called. which I am totally cool with because my money isn't going in unless I feel probable to be the winner after all the cards have been played. But the only way I have benefitted consistantly is a fairly nitty style with a short stack and good BRM and knowing at what point to take winnings away from the table. Definately not a raise shove pre kind of game but pick ur spots get in good and hope the odds and percentages hold true.
But as others have stated most (including myself) are not really that good of players. However I do have fun and it can be done while still winning.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play with 20 BB occasionally and have moderate success. However my goal isn't really to win a lot, but rather to be entertained and still win. The main benefit I have found with a SS is one of the reasons I play SS. Is because I have less fold equity which means I am more likely to get called. which I am totally cool with because my money isn't going in unless I feel probable to be the winner after all the cards have been played. But the only way I have benefitted consistantly is a fairly nitty style with a short stack and good BRM and knowing at what point to take winnings away from the table. Definately not a raise shove pre kind of game but pick ur spots get in good and hope the odds and percentages hold true.
But as others have stated most (including myself) are not really that good of players. However I do have fun and it can be done while still winning.

If you are nitting it up you would do better to buy in full so you get 60BB more when you have strong hands

sCATpoker

sCATpoker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
20 or 100 what works for me Im an old Cat not trying to learn new tricks

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Terrible... Plus where are you buying in for 20BB? Merge doesn't allow that and it doesn't look like it's winning you much if you're buying in short there either.

YourDoom

YourDoom

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey everyone. Since you're asking, my 40BB strategy is largely math based so it can be used at any stakes.

I know I have a large number of students who play NL50 with it. I'm not sure how many play micro stakes with it.