is 2 2 a good hand?

Sharkman

Sharkman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had pocket Aces the other night at a friends house. The guy that is a "telephone booth" went all in. I called, he tripped his pocket dueces. I was like wow! Figures lol! It was ok because I usually take his money anyway, but that is what I think about everytime I see, here, or get pocket ducks now!:banghead:

R

rokyrun77

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
2+2 is not so bad
sometimes it maybe better than A+k

L

Lakers4Life

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If any of you have read Doyle Brunson's Super/System...you probably remember the part about how he got a couple thousand bucks off some guys in Vegas who thought they could beat him with their A-K when he had pockets 2's. I mean, pocket two's doesn't wreak with intimidation, but I've actually sat down and tested this situation and the dueces really do seem to come out on top slightly more often than the A-K. But I mean in a real game, you're probably not going to want to play them strong unless you hit a set.

Sharkman

Sharkman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played pocket ducks today in a tourney to see what would happen.($2.00 tourney lol!) The guy went all in, everyone else folded, I called. He had K J os, he catches a straight on the river. I will recommend to limp in on small pocket pairs and hope to get trips on the flop and then check to try and manipulate. So I can rake in a nice pot. Small pocket pairs can suck sometimes, but if you have good position and you trip out. They can be some very sneaky giant killers!!

:icon_joke

S

sese

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always thorw down dueces...Now a days queens too..lol

Sharkman

Sharkman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah the ladies bite me hard sometimes. They look so nice in your hand, until a King and an Ace come down on the flop after you did a prefllop raise!!! lololol!!!

:driver:

RammerJammer

RammerJammer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You know, when I first saw the topic of this thread, I laughed. "Is 22 a good hand?" What, are you kidding me? But then I started noticing over the last couple of days the number of times someone got knocked out of a tournament by calling a preflop all-in with pocket 22. So, obviously a fair question given how often it's being misplayed. The consensus in the thread seems to be, limp em in or turn em loose. I agree. They can be real snakes in the grass if a deuce hits the board to make your set. They are especially deadly from the blinds. But if nothing comes on the flop to help em, and your opponent(s) throw a bet out on the table, you gotta fold.

Martinez760

Martinez760

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its good if ur low stacked and wanna do a 50/50 all in....or if ya trip

T

tsline13

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This hand will either make you or break you. I have won a lot of big pots with this hand because who is going to predict pockets 2s. You have to be careful when playing these because if you do not triple up off the flop, they may draw you in for more chips. You have to be disciplined enough to fold them when you do not hit trips. I have flopped boats wtih pocket 2s against trips with a high kicker and pocket 2s pay out quite well. Play this hand very carefully because it may destroy you.

W

Wlokos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It shouldn't be hard to lay down pocket 2s if you miss the flop.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands