100nl journey, destroying the aggro land !!!

Hartaka

Hartaka

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Man we have all been in your shoes at times, you are doing the right thing asking for help, we are here trying to help you so take the advice or leave it
Just to get the WTSD into perspective 33% of your 4074 sample is 1344 hands, 25% is 1018 hands, so you have called maybe 300 times more often in 4074 than is optimal.
That is really the definition of calling down too light, the evidence is there in your stats. Its nothing to do with losing the odd premium hand.

Fist of all i apologize if my last reply came out inappropriate and i really appreciate your replys and that you are trying to help me. That you so much and i think you are right about the showdown % and i am well aware of that and i tried to fix this leak, but unfortunately stats dose not show everything because you probably know that you need a bigger sample and sometimes the way the cards are dealt make it look like this in the sort run. I'm sure that i made some miss reads by calling light in some spots and i have made some good bluffs that got called light. But overall i have played my big pairs in a fair way but run into to many trips vs agressive players and AA also anf you know you can't fold your Kk abd Qq vs a guy who 3bt 14% and 4bt 25% or so. The problem is that i have faced so many improbable situation in a row wich lead to this result. And the most situations that i faced is villan not folding to cbet at all even witg air and then hits his runner runer.

honeycrush

honeycrush

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hope you are now on the road to recovery...

I agree with the others. Your WTSD% is way too high. According to LeakBuster it should be between 23-28. 25 or 26 is usually seen as optimal.

Can you post your stats by position for the 16K hands maybe there is something there that could help? Your preflop stats seem to be very good so it appears that your problem is mostly postflop. When playing fast poker, most villains play extremely tight. If you are shoving overpairs on flops/turns then you will only get called when villain has hit a set or good combo draw. That would mean you'd either win a small pot or lose a huge one. Might be what's happening to you...

The other problem as someone pointed out is that your CBet is too low. It should be around 75% and if you give a free card to someone to hit their flush/straight draw or better then many times they will just check behind and hit!

Another problem (one that I know I suffer from) is that you may be calling too many river bets or raises with second best hands. What's your River Call Efficiency?

And yes, your sample size is still quite small. Might be better to look again after 30-50k hands.

Hope this helps. Good luck at the tables! :)

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've just opened Party and looked at the 100nl fast lobby, there are only 14 players there on the 6 max tables, at least half are multi-tabling and likely to be strong regs.
If the pool is that small your tilting stats will stick out like a sore thumb.
If you were 4 tabling you must have built up a history very quickly with these players so you need to include stats and reads when posting individual hands.
Poker is so situational at this level it is impossible to give much appropriate feedback on the hands you posted without reads.

Ah Td hand
I agree 4 bet or fold, once he calls and you are OOP you have major problem on that flop with nothing but a couple of overcards. Because you are OOP you must 4 bet and cbet bigger to really test his mettle. Once he calls a big 4bet and a big cbet I'd be giving up at that point as I don't have enough back doors and I have the evidence that he has something
Once he calls the turn bet he's committed to calling down against your range, you have just as many combos of AK AQ here as premium overpairs so the river bet is always getting called unless maybe an ace hits. His calling a 4 bet with 97 in position shows confidence in his game. Don't mess with this player.

As Kh its a cooler for sure unlucky to run into AQ 2 pair.
I might 4bet bigger and look to gii pre with AK at 100bb.
My 200nl coach tells me more often than not you want to gii with AK preflop if you can especially against weaker / looser players, obviously not against very tight or decent players.

Ac Jh
I don't mind the 3bet otherwise we will get squeezed a lot from the blinds if we just flat and I don't like a flat here anyway there is too much chance of domination.
I don't agree that a thinking player with AK calls it off on a paired QQ board, there are too many Q's in the players ranges here for that, the only thing that calls a shove that we beat is AQ.
So what do I personally flat in the BB here mainly 99,TT JJ QQ AQs, I'd cold 4 bet AK against unknowns, I have to be strong, much stronger than your AJ as I need to be able to call a possible further raise from the first player.
KQs is loose and spewy but everyone is different and playing non standard hands from time to time wins stacks. Maybe he has seen you a bit on tilt and just wants to get into hands with you.In fact I very strongly suspect this is the case.
Boats are very possible so its just a call down for me and maybe fold to a very large river bet.

Jd Jh no need to 3bet this deep against an UTG raise, just call and play some poker in position.
Here you 4 bet and cbet and an UTG player puts you all in on the flop after you show that strength....JJ is an instant lay down there for me. As an aside if you run JJ into QQ without overcards you can usually kiss your chips goodbye, nothing unusual here other than he gave you a massive clue you were beaten and you look too tilted to take it.

Last edited:
DrazaFFT

DrazaFFT

public static void
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck in your journey Hartaka!!!!

Great analyze @Fig2

skrsh76

skrsh76

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck mate. 3 and 4 bets are so high. I am amazed how he called down with a pair of 9. Does he put you as super aggressive bluffer ?

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
River call efficiency

I saw your question about river call efficiency and I noticed it on the far right of the overall report on HM2.
I too don't understand exactly what it represents?
I pulled mine across so you can compare it with yours.
It would be interesting to know what level is a good level. I can imagine if it gets too high then maybe we aren't calling enough.
These are my stats for this year 100K of the hands are 25nl FR on pokerstars, I play there for the challenge of knowing its as strong a level of competition as is out there.

Attachments

• rivercall.JPG
    rivercall.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 56
honeycrush

honeycrush

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I meant the ratio rather than the dollar amount. My river call eff used to be about 0.8 but I've managed to raise it to 1.4 by thinking more carefully about river decisions.

Leakbuster says that if it's over 2.0 it means that you are only getting to the river with very strong hands and perhaps missing value, calling when you should raise. Also, you should perhaps call a bit more in marginal spots. If it is under 1.0 then you are calling too much (like I was!) with second best hands.

The other thing I used to do against very passive players was call min bets on the river when the odds were very good but it often turned out that they had the nuts. Now if I'm sure I'm beat I will fold for even 10c. It all adds up!

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this is a hand where i was bluffing:

***** Hand History for Game 14737675308 *****
$0.50/$1 USD fastforward NL Texas Hold'em - Monday, August 24, 01:57:27 AST 2015
Table Jet 3 (Real Money)
Seat 1 is the button
Total number of players : 6/6
Seat 4: BlckNYelo ( $134.74 USD )
Seat 5: ElBrider77 ( $318.33 USD )
Seat 6: Hartakaa ( $100 USD )
Seat 2: TitiMila7 ( $198.31 USD )
Seat 1: bestiariusz ( $178.34 USD )
Seat 3: urotter ( $115.68 USD )
TitiMila7 posts small blind [$0.50 USD].
urotter posts big blind [$1 USD].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hartakaa [ Ah Td ]
BlckNYelo folds
ElBrider77 folds
Hartakaa raises [$3 USD]
bestiariusz folds
TitiMila7 raises [$5.50 USD]
urotter folds
Hartakaa raises [$12 USD]
TitiMila7 calls [$9 USD]
** Dealing Flop ** [ 5h, 6h, 9s ]
TitiMila7 checks
Hartakaa bets [$16 USD]
TitiMila7 calls [$16 USD]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 6d ]
TitiMila7 checks
Hartakaa bets [$30 USD]
TitiMila7 calls [$30 USD]
** Dealing River ** [ Qh ]
TitiMila7 checks
Hartakaa is all-In [$39 USD]
TitiMila7 calls [$39 USD]
TitiMila7 shows [ 7c, 9c ]two pairs, Nines and Sixes.
Hartakaa doesn't show [ Ah, Td ]a pair of Sixes.
TitiMila7 wins $198 USD from the main pot with two pairs, Nines and Sixes.

check this one also :

***** Hand History for Game 14737711477 *****
$0.50/$1 USD fastforward NL Texas Hold'em - Monday, August 24, 02:34:22 AST 2015
Table Jet 3 (Real Money)
Seat 1 is the button
Total number of players : 6/6
Seat 1: Burnsey87 ( $233.90 USD )
Seat 3: Callin1982 ( $130.91 USD )
Seat 5: Hartakaa ( $100 USD )
Seat 4: LogistyKK ( $166.98 USD )
Seat 2: Shame_on_You16 ( $108.57 USD )
Seat 6: kingoffqueens ( $96.95 USD )
Shame_on_You16 posts small blind [$0.50 USD].
Callin1982 posts big blind [$1 USD].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hartakaa [ As Kh ]
LogistyKK folds
Hartakaa raises [$4 USD]
kingoffqueens raises [$11 USD]
Burnsey87 folds
Shame_on_You16 folds
Callin1982 folds
Hartakaa raises [$18 USD]
kingoffqueens calls [$11 USD]
** Dealing Flop ** [ Ah, 2h, Qc ]
Hartakaa bets [$32.42 USD]
kingoffqueens is all-In [$74.95 USD]
Hartakaa calls [$42.53 USD]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 3s ]
** Dealing River ** [ 6c ]
Hartakaa shows [ As, Kh ]a pair of Aces.
kingoffqueens shows [ Qd, Ad ]two pairs, Aces and Queens.
kingoffqueens wins $192.40 USD from the main pot with two pairs, Aces and Queens.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Party, $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $29.82 (29.8 bb)
BB: $141.41 (141.4 bb)
UTG: $180.62 (180.6 bb)
MP: $38.13 (38.1 bb)
Hero (CO): $192.87 (192.9 bb)
BTN: $130.69 (130.7 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Ac Jh
UTG folds, MP raises to $2, Hero raises to $6, 2 folds, BB calls $5, MP calls $4

Flop: ($18.50) Kh Qd Qc (3 players)
BB checks, MP checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($18.50) Ts (3 players)
BB bets $13, MP folds, Hero raises to $186.87 and is all-in, BB calls $122.41 and is all-in

River: ($289.32) 4s (2 players, 2 are all-in)

Results: $289.32 pot ($3.00 rake)
Final Board: Kh Qd Qc Ts 4s
BB showed Qs Ks and won $286.32 ($144.91 net)
MP mucked and lost (-$6 net)
Hero showed Ac Jh and lost (-$141.41 net)

============================================================================

Party, $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $61.98 (62 bb)
BB: $127 (127 bb)
UTG: $158.67 (158.7 bb)
Hero (MP): $112.95 (113 bb)
CO: $334.58 (334.6 bb)
BTN: $45.46 (45.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Jd Jh
UTG raises to $4, Hero raises to $12, 4 folds, UTG calls $8

Flop: ($25.50) 9c 2s Td (2 players)
UTG checks, Hero bets $18.17, UTG raises to $78.74, Hero raises to $100.95 and is all-in, UTG calls $22.21

Turn: ($227.40) 5d (2 players, 1 is all-in)
River: ($227.40) 4c (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results: $227.40 pot ($3.00 rake)
Final Board: 9c 2s Td 5d 4c
UTG showed Qc Qs and won $224.40 ($111.45 net)
Hero mucked Jd Jh and lost (-$112.95 net)

AT, you 3x pre then 4bet extremely small, id be giving up on the turn here and not 4betting this hand pre, id be flatting it pre.

AK, now you are 4xing pre, this is very worrying if you dont have your sizing consistent preflop. 4bet sizing is not good its far too small. flop sizing is waaaaay to big, and the call off is meh whatevs.

AJ, preflop is ok, flop is good. shoving this turn is a huge mistake, villains cold call range includes QQ/KQ/QT/TT all of which play this way, I would be folding AK and AQ pretty comfortably in villains shoes.

JJ id default to flatting pre, but 3bet is defensible, stacking off on this flop is not, b/f flop, its not remotely close, what range are you hoping to stack off against.

Sorry to say this isnt just run bad

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of your hands your OOP learn to play POSITION more! If you want to gamble it'll help being in position having the information rather than shooting blindfolded... AToff isn't great learn to fold especially if they 3bet you.

JJ hand was a cooler but you have to always be on the watch for overpairs. Perhaps your expectations is too high for value and only be willing to get the money in against a fish.

AJ hand your shoving without the nuts never a great idea. Your only getting called when beat.

AK unlucky and you have to call pretty much anything because SPR is under 3 on the flop... folding would be criminal. We don't like it but we gotta do it.