What would you do here

P

pauloandre100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can continue cbet turn and check river. Depending on the type of villain, check / call river fits.

moulan7

moulan7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi there,

I prefer to make a larger bet on this flop, probably 55-75%, because it's wet.
On turn continue betting for 50-70% pot. His range includes way worse hands than ours which can follow or abandon right there. By checking we give him a free card and a worst hand might improve for free and there are many rivers that we won't be happy with, like any 10, Q, J, any heart or even A or 9.
If he raises we have to give it to him.
If he calls we check the river and decide from there.

L

Liru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would usually check it there in the turn to see what the opponent does next and if it's live perhaps get a reaction or maybe the Gillian can have a K or J there and wait to hit trips or a two pair, it depends how the person has played, perhaps KQ or K10 can be in there range.

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi there,

I prefer to make a larger bet on this flop, probably 55-75%, because it's wet.
On turn continue betting for 50-70% pot. His range includes way worse hands than ours which can follow or abandon right there. By checking we give him a free card and a worst hand might improve for free and there are many rivers that we won't be happy with, like any 10, Q, J, any heart or even A or 9.
If he raises we have to give it to him.
If he calls we check the river and decide from there.
Thanks. I'm never sure about turn bet sizing. My small bet size on the turn is usually 66% pot unless it's a blocker bet. Is this too much?

I agree with cbetting here, but then a call from villain of a bet that big would really narrow opp range wouldn't it?

I'm kind of starting to think check call may actually be more balanced?

What do solvers suggest here?

moulan7

moulan7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Largest bet on this flop it's for value and protection, if flop is dry 30-40% is fine.
We want him to make mistakes if he's drawing and take value if he has K or J.
66% on turn is fine, pretty standard.

check call on turn? it's a no no for me. Better do the bet yourself here if you are to make a call.
This is because your hand is strong and he might fold whereas if he bets and you call many rivercards are bad for you and since you will check again he might go for a bluff.
Bet turn so you have the initiative and make him pay if he 's drawing.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, betting and check-calling are both valid options here. Against passive calling stations its typically best to bet for value and then reevaluate, if we get raised. Against more aggressive opponents it is generally best to check to them to take away their option to raise, allow them to bluff, and try to get to showdown without going broke.