Weak flush

Effexor

Effexor

Cardschat Elite
I was wondering what the relative strength of middle flushes are, and the odds that someone else at a shorthanded table would have (1) a flush , (2) a higher flush.

pokerstars Game #5770220494: Hold'em No Limit ($0.01/$0.02) - 2006/08/02 - 10:50:32 (ET)
Table 'Philia V' 6-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: Effexor1 ($2.28 in chips)
Seat 2: rens84 ($1.99 in chips)
Seat 3: Hoffmann25 ($2.90 in chips)
Seat 4: MayRetiree ($2.07 in chips)
Seat 5: FreundHase ($2.12 in chips)
Seat 6: Bulletsarmy ($1.04 in chips)
Hoffmann25: posts small blind $0.01
MayRetiree: posts big blind $0.02
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Effexor1 [8s 5s]
FreundHase: folds
Bulletsarmy: folds
Effexor1: calls $0.02
rens84: calls $0.02
Hoffmann25: calls $0.01
MayRetiree: checks
*** FLOP *** [3c Js 4s]
Hoffmann25: checks
MayRetiree: bets $0.02
Effexor1: calls $0.02
rens84: calls $0.02
Hoffmann25: folds
*** TURN *** [3c Js 4s] [6c]
MayRetiree: bets $0.04
Effexor1: raises $0.04 to $0.08
rens84: calls $0.08
MayRetiree: calls $0.04
*** RIVER *** [3c Js 4s 6c] [Ts]
MayRetiree: checks
Effexor1: bets $0.40
rens84: raises $0.40 to $0.80
MayRetiree: folds
Effexor1: ??

Flat call? reraise?

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
I would flat call and pray he/she doesn't have a flush. This is why you don't call with junk suited cards like this, to avoid these kind of situations.

Lo-Dog

Lo-Dog

Cardschat Elite
Edit: Removed my hole post as I read the hand wrong! DOH!!! Any super mods around can remove this post if they like. But just to say something I would just call here but I am chicken so take it for what its worth. Odds are though pretty low that someone else has two sooooted cards (I do know how to spelll suited wsorbust lol) um I guess %15 or less.

Effexor

Effexor

Cardschat Elite
Hypothetically, lets pretend that it was 7s 8s. I'd be in the same situation on the turn, straight draw + flush draw. I hit the flush on the river, now what? In a broader sense, I'm asking if suited connectors are really worth playing. Even when you hit the flush you are faced with situations like this.

Effexor

Effexor

Cardschat Elite
Lo-Dog said:
At this time I call. Now all he needs to be playing is one spade higher than you and hes got it. I would have bet at the flop with a pot size or more bet. Sorry I don't know the exact odds but not very likely someone has two spades but now they only need 1.

There are only 3 spades on the table, he'd have to have 2 in his hand.

Lo-Dog

Lo-Dog

Cardschat Elite
Effexor said:
There are only 3 spades on the table, he'd have to have 2 in his hand.

Caught me before I edited my post!! lol
Thought the river was the fourth spade but I changed my answer. :D

R

rocky9345

Middle suited connectors as good, as they do give you a straight and flush possiblities, and their straights/flushes are pretty good, but dont over play the draw; in your original situation I would call or make a small raise (nothing close to an all-in), any flush is good because your opponent only has around a 7% chance to have a flush (when there are only 3 of a suit on the board), but if your opponent does have a flush, you are killed

Full Flush Poker