Urgggg, is have i gotten in too deep here ?

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
pokerstars GAME #5591044630: HOLD'EM NO LIMIT ($0.25/$0.50) - 2006/07/17 - 17:19:50 (ET)
Table 'Tucana II' 6-max Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: tenbob ($40 in chips)
Seat 2: bosg ($64.60 in chips)
Seat 3: thehated2 ($9.35 in chips)
Seat 4: pikapp168 ($54.65 in chips)
Seat 5: FOLDALOT ($9.55 in chips)
Seat 6: frostykrack ($22.70 in chips)
pikapp168: posts small blind $0.25
FOLDALOT: posts big blind $0.50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to tenbob [Qd Qc]
frostykrack: folds
tenbob: raises $1.50 to $2
bosg: folds
thehated2: folds
pikapp168: raises $1.50 to $3.50 -----> Slightly weak raise, dont think he has AA or KK, maybe AK AQ AJ JJ or something, i just need to be careful of over cards on the flop.
FOLDALOT: folds
tenbob: calls $1.50 -----> Slightly poor call, i should really have got some more money in, but if its a typical donk he will call with AK anyway, i want to see this flop.

*** FLOP *** [Jc 9s 4c]
pikapp168: checks
tenbob: bets $6.50
pikapp168: raises $6.50 to $13
tenbob: raises $6.50 to $19.50
pikapp168: raises $31.65 to $51.15 and is all-in

tenbob ?????

I get the feelilng that hes trying to buy the pot now. Damn, am i in too deep. ? Is he semi-bluffing with the flush draw and 2 overs ?

Last edited:
ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
any reads?
I either see this as hitting his set (JJ or 99 maybe), massively overbetting AJ, or maybe he does have AA or KK. Who knows - maybe AKc

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, if he does have AK clubs he's a slight favorite over you at this point, although you would have odds to call the all-in.

Of course I have no reads on him, but based on similar things I've seen, I honestly think he has AA.

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If he is a typical donk he could have A,J..J,9.. possible pocket JJ's.. even pocket 99's.. overbetting with his mid pair(donks love to do that)...

The overbet is either a weak hand or the stronger hand(here is where the reading skills and notes come in).

Effexor

Effexor

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd call, and if had the AA well then plop down another buy in, it's just bad luck. He very well might have top pair and is trying to push you off of the flush draw, but based on the PF raises I'd figure him to have Aces.

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know what he has, but I know your beat. An over pair with no draws is just too weak a hand to call with. If he's bluffing, then good bluff. Don't allow yourself to become his implied odds.

JAMILE1

JAMILE1

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is a call, villain is trying to buy it and I think like chuck says overbetting AJ or KJ maybe or maybe just holding AK and trying to take it down, I'd lean toward the call.

As for AA KK I no really think he holdin those hands? Why Fire away so much so fast?

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ChuckTs said:
any reads?
I either see this as hitting his set (JJ or 99 maybe), massively overbetting AJ, or maybe he does have AA or KK. Who knows - maybe AKc

I was fairly new to the table. Id played 2 full orbits, and didnt see him make any unusual plays, he was betting A LOT and not getting called. But just as i joined another player was berating him on his poor play. He called a PF raise with 94s and hit a flush on the river. Thats all really. But a typical $50nl donk.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Two donkish minraises followed by a push - my money's on AA/KK here over anything else.

Reraise preflop. Why minraise his minraise on the flop? This isn't limit, y'know. :/

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The more I look at it, the more I'm thinking big pair; My second guess would be AJ, and JJ behind that (though with JJ usually donks at that level get scared of overcards, so I'd expect him to reraise PF alot more).

Schatzdog

Schatzdog

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you're up against a set.

Fold out.

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dorkus Malorkus said:
Two donkish minraises followed by a push - my money's on AA/KK here over anything else.

Are we 70% SURE though ?

If the pot was small, this would be an easy fold, its not though. Now im being offered 3.3/1 on the call. So i need to be almost certain he is playing AA KK or JJ to fold. Can i be so sure he is not overbetting AJ, or semi-bluffing with the 2 overs/flush draw ? We have to be up aginst some donk hands lots of times.

withawedge

withawedge

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am 70% certain he has JJ or the bigger pairs.

I think its time to lay down, even though as you said you are getting over 3/1 for your money

C

colin_147

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I think you gotta be beat here TB. I dont see how you cant give him respect for a big hand here. Even if this guy was overly aggressive/weak player, I would have to give him credit for a set of J's or the overpair

I think you played hand pretty well other than that. Sure you could have re-raised pf, but had he gone all in would you have called?

The theory on "oh but I need to find out where I am in the hand" can sometimes cost you more if you are not prepared to lay down a big wired pair pf to a player pushing his stack in

tbh I think you lost minimum tb and, given the opportunity, I reckon you would play the hand exactly the same

P

PreciousLor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not too much of a fan of this string of minimum raises, you're just not really get much info from it.

As you havent seen much of this guy yet, you just have to give him the credit and fold. Which I guess is what you did.

And if he flips over a bluff then grrrrr:mad:

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I don't mind your preflop call after the reraise, but you have me wondering why all the minimum raises afterwards? Like PreciousLor has said, you're not gaining information from that.

With the size of the pot at this point, and what you have left, I say call and grit your teeth. You've got the odds to do so, and I have a feeling he's over-playing TPTK and thinking he's laying a trap for you.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so what happened with the hand TB; i'm pretty curious with both what you did and what villain held

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ChuckTs said:
so what happened with the hand TB; i'm pretty curious with both what you did and what villain held

Im just working up some math on this Chuck. I made the call, but really wasnt sure if it was correct. Ill post the math with my thoughts as i was playing it, and his probable holdings, and the results later.

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
he sees straight possibilities and pushed his overpair. you re-raised to see where you were and found out. you cant call and be ahead of much here. you did the right thing by re-raising to see if he was trying to bully you out by check-raising instead of continuation betting, and now you know he has a hand. fold if you know for sure he isn't one to fire over and over and over with AK/AQ.