M

mregnid

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Hi
Let me know what i should have done here please.
Hero raises 3bb in UTG with KhKc, MP calls, and tight passive player (AF1) in SB squeezes to 13bb, this player has a 3% 3bet percentage.
I call, BTN folds, flop is 3d8h9c, , SB bets 1/3 pot I call, turn is Js, SB bets 1/2 pot, I fold.

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Hi, as overall KK's a hand for all-in preflop... (I would be happy to shove here, even if I run into AA's).

Or if I follow the calling scenario I would call to the end, (the river).

SB's play shows he's really tight - quite a small bet on the turn (1/2) - seems to be bothered by missing Aces (if are AA's). A possible check/raise can make him fold, lol.

Or maybe he has a queens that are associated with economic bets.

But personally, I would in most cases push pre-flop with these kings, even if I lose it will be with kings, not with K8o or QJs.

(A pro says you should be happy to get your stack in with AA or KK).

S

Sopt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SI
Chips
Tricky position as he might be holding AA or he might have nothing and just be trying to squeeze there, while continuing on the flop and turn.

Preflop calling his re-rise is ok, but you could also consider betting again. If he pushes all-in to your bet you could consider folding, because he has a really strong hand. I don't see him going all in there with pair of Qs.
Flop is the last chance to really test his hand for us, so I'm not just calling there. I'm most certainly re-raising his bet. If he 4 bets or pushes all in I would fold. With calling we just gave him the chance to keep on pushing on turn. He also most likely put us on hand like AK and considered we have nothing so it's an easy bet for him with hands like QQ, JJ, 1010.
Turn it's already to late for us to do anything here. It's either we push all in, we keep on calling or we fold. J was not the card we wanted to see on the turn as it opens so many options, yet I do not believe our opponent hand improved unless he has JJ. Fold was ok, but I would have played differently in previous stages.

Just my gut feeling on what he had... It's either a high pair AA QQ JJ or completely random hand he was bluffing with ( I don't know how tight of a player you are).

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I hope you had 10,000s of hands on this villain to give him credit for only having AA in this spot!

I would 4bet pre, but as played you could raise flop to get value from QQ or JJ or just call down. I would essentially never be folding here. Turn has to be a call when you still beat value like QQ plus bluffs.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi
Let me know what i should have done here please.
Hero raises 3bb in UTG with KhKc, MP calls, and tight passive player (AF1) in SB squeezes to 13bb, this player has a 3% 3bet percentage.
I call, BTN folds, flop is 3d8h9c, , SB bets 1/3 pot I call, turn is Js, SB bets 1/2 pot, I fold.
Which stake is this? As played we are still calling for villain still holds plenty of dominated hands that could be betting 1/2 pot here.

M

mregnid

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Which stake is this? As played we are still calling for villain still holds plenty of dominated hands that could be betting 1/2 pot here.
2cent 5 cent
I was trying to weigh up what hands they would double barrel considering their aggression factor of 1. . With 3% 3bet I thought they most likely had either AA or JJ (which was now a set). I was unsure whether they would bluff AK particularly as there was no flush draw out there and I strongly block this. Considering this the only hand that I thought I could beat if they were betting for value would be QQ.

M

mregnid

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Hi, as overall KK's a hand for all-in preflop... (I would be happy to shove here, even if I run into AA's).

Or if I follow the calling scenario I would call to the end, (the river).

SB's play shows he's really tight - quite a small bet on the turn (1/2) - seems to be bothered by missing Aces (if are AA's). A possible check/raise can make him fold, lol.

Or maybe he has a queens that are associated with economic bets.

But personally, I would in most cases push pre-flop with these kings, even if I lose it will be with kings, not with K8o or QJs.

(A pro says you should be happy to get your stack in with AA or KK).
Thanks for the advice

M

mregnid

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Tricky position as he might be holding AA or he might have nothing and just be trying to squeeze there, while continuing on the flop and turn.

Preflop calling his re-rise is ok, but you could also consider betting again. If he pushes all-in to your bet you could consider folding, because he has a really strong hand. I don't see him going all in there with pair of Qs.
Flop is the last chance to really test his hand for us, so I'm not just calling there. I'm most certainly re-raising his bet. If he 4 bets or pushes all in I would fold. With calling we just gave him the chance to keep on pushing on turn. He also most likely put us on hand like AK and considered we have nothing so it's an easy bet for him with hands like QQ, JJ, 1010.
Turn it's already to late for us to do anything here. It's either we push all in, we keep on calling or we fold. J was not the card we wanted to see on the turn as it opens so many options, yet I do not believe our opponent hand improved unless he has JJ. Fold was ok, but I would have played differently in previous stages.

Just my gut feeling on what he had... It's either a high pair AA QQ JJ or completely random hand he was bluffing with ( I don't know how tight of a player you are).
Thanks for the advice

M

mregnid

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I hope you had 10,000s of hands on this villain to give him credit for only having AA in this spot!

I would 4bet pre, but as played you could raise flop to get value from QQ or JJ or just call down. I would essentially never be folding here. Turn has to be a call when you still beat value like QQ plus bluffs.
Ok thanks - I had only 2k hands on them, I thought 3% would only mean AA, KK, QQ JJ, and AK, and I blocked a lot of Kings!

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I would not let it go post flop, I would go all in pre flop, even if I could find an AA or another negative result

BigKulpPoker

BigKulpPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Gggggg
Wwwww
You're way ahead preflop to the top 3% of preflop hands, so maybe 4bet allin was the best play, also takes away the ruff and hard decision on an Ace high flop.
You're behind on the turn to the top 3% of preflop hands, but its close, so unless you were both massively deeped stack its still a call.
Important HUD stats in this situation is what is his overall squeeze rate and his squeeze rate from SB, and his 3bet rate at SB.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Ok thanks - I had only 2k hands on them, I thought 3% would only mean AA, KK, QQ JJ, and AK, and I blocked a lot of Kings!

Thats a fair assumption given the stats and the stake you are playing, but in that case I still think its a 4bet pre as you are ahead of that range.

Even on the turn you beat 6 combos of QQ, chop with 1 combo of KK and lose to 9 combos, so even if he never bluffs you are getting the 25% pot odds required.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands