PLO .25/.5 bad fold or unlucky series of events?

Y

young hova

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tidbits and reads:
I was watchin the rays redsox game while this was going on, kind of slowly tuning out of poker for the time being so my attention wasn't all there. "Itsarisk" doesn't normally play on this level usually the level below. I've never seen him check raise oop on this level or at this particular table. Ivey plays the stakes below solid, but at these stakes he'll push marginal hands like sets on straight boards or nut flush draws on straight boards too far. He seemed to be playing solid and straight forward from what little I had been paying attention at this particular table.

** Hand # 2217048282 starting - 2008-10-12 00:49:23
** Mlathi [Omaha] (0.25|0.50 PL - Cash Game) real money

A-Jack0ff sitting in seat 1 with $40.30
ivey72 sitting in seat 2 with $115.98
young_gung sitting in seat 3 with $33.66
pokerclasse sitting in seat 4 with $24.15
bigdealbert sitting in seat 5 with $54.40[Dealer]
itsarisk sitting in seat 6 with $44.53
itsarisk posted the small blind - $0.25
A-Jack0ff posted the big blind - $0.50

** Dealing cards to young_gung: Ks, Qc, As, 6d
ivey72 called - $0.50
young_gung called - $0.50
pokerclasse raised to $1.00
bigdealbert folded
itsarisk called - $1.00
A-Jack0ff called - $1.00
ivey72 called - $1.00
young_gung called - $1.00

** Dealing the flop: 6c, Kd, 6h
itsarisk checked
A-Jack0ff checked
ivey72 bet - $2.50
young_gung called - $2.50 (more often that not I would raise here, but I was pretty sure my hand was good I was gonna raise the turn and I was pretty sure ivey had at least a 6)
pokerclasse folded
itsarisk raised to $5.00 (he never check raises oop, I know Ivey has a hand for sure)
A-Jack0ff folded
ivey72 raised to $22.50 (at this point I'm thinking one of them has kings full)
young_gung folded
itsarisk called - $22.50

** Dealing the turn: 2c
itsarisk bet - $14.50
ivey72 called - $14.50

** Dealing the river: 10d
itsarisk went all-in - $6.53
ivey72 called - $6.53
itsarisk shows: Kh, 3d, Qs, Jd
ivey72 shows: 8h, 5h, 4s, 6s
ivey72 wins $91.56 from the main pot

It seemed like all indications in my head pointed to someone having kings there being that I wasn't really paying much attention. What really threw me off was itsarisk raise. I didn't want to call that bet not knowing what itsarisk would do because he never checkraises oop and ivey is straighforward to the point that I know he at the very least has a 6. ironically if it was just me and Ivey in the pot, I'm checkraising on the turn for sure, at the very least this hand is going to show down by a call down.

my stack was rather small and normally its really nothing for me to get that stack all in, but the action on that hand really kinda weirded me out, especially being that itsarisk never c-raises oop and ivey instantly going all in over top.

hindsight is 20/20, but was my fold justifiable considering the circumstances or was I trippin and shouldve at the least called off the rest of my stack considering the implied odds of the pot?

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would have gone with your thinking that one of them had the overfull. You had no other draws to justify stacking off there. IMO you made the right call.

Folding in Poker