PLO #2

T

TheCody86

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise to $10 on the river, either he trying to value bet a smaller flush (in this case he will probably think you have the straight and reraise because of your call on the turn) or he's weak and will make the crying call.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise to $10 on the river, either he trying to value bet a smaller flush (in this case he will probably think you have the straight and reraise because of your call on the turn) or he's weak and will make the crying call.
Wtf, why 10$? If he's going to call a 10$ raise, he'll call a max raise as well.

Do you hate money?

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ive got to agree with c9, even in the 1/20 times you do lose your customer, you make up for it the other 19 times that your pot size bet is called. Betting pot in plo is the same as (reference to HoH) shoving all in on the river with the nuts in holdem. Its a big bet but a valuable and most +ev move most of the time

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Seeing the results I don't think I would have gotten him to bet a pot bet here. If I pot betted it he would have folded. I believe I got good value in betting the way I did. Pot betting has its place but not in every circumstances. The replies here show how much people are focused on the pot bet button rather than playing the cards and getting value for them.

bubbasbest posts the small blind of $.25.
S C posts the big blind of $.50.
bubbasbest: 8c Ac 4s 8d
S C: -- -- -- --
Pre-flop:

bubbasbest calls. S C checks.
Flop (board: Tc 6c 9h):

S C bets $1. bubbasbest calls.
Turn (board: Tc 6c 9h 5c):

S C bets $3. bubbasbest calls.
River (board: Tc 6c 9h 5c Js):

S C bets $3.75. bubbasbest raises to $7.50. S C
calls.

Showdown:

bubbasbest shows 8c Ac 4s 8d.
bubbasbest has 8c Ac Tc 6c 5c: flush, ace high.
S C mucks cards.
(S C has Kc Td 3c 8h.)

Hand #55254605-15392 Summary:

$1 is raked from a pot of $24.
bubbasbest wins $23 with flush, ace high.

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
he had the second nutz, u lost value by not potting it up on the river

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
exactly as pantin says, you lost value here by not potting turn or river

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Okay then let me ask you, would you call a $25 bet with the K high flush in Omaha? If you say yes then you are a losing player at this game.

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if there isnt a pair on the board and the player is not a nit or nut peddler, im calling
plus it was HU, odds of nut flush in play isnt great enuff for u to fold there

i am not a losing player in omaha btw

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats you just burned money.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He would have called your pot bet on the turn and you could have taken his stack on the river, but hey you got an extra 7 bucks right.

Grumbledook

Grumbledook

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pot the flop in position

Pot the nuts on the turn

Valuebet as much you think he will call on the river

V

viking999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think you have to pot it on the turn. The best draw against you is a set with an OESFD, so 11 outs. That's not very much with only one card left to come. You can price even that hand out with a less than pot sized bet. Without potting it you will probably lose some value against lower flushes, so it's a tradeoff. I'm not certain which is exactly right, and the answer would vary depending on the looseness of your opponent (tight = less than pot, loose = pot).

You do have to raise the turn, though. I fail to see any hand the opponent could have for which flat calling is better. You give draws a chance to suck out for free. You let lower flushes or straights hit scare cards to kill your action. It's only good for a total bluff, which is pretty damn rare in Omaha.

I almost always pot the river if I'm betting. There are no more cards to come, so the odds don't matter (ok, this is not true if your opponent is putting you on a range of hands with different probabilities, but that's too advanced for 90% of players). If he's calling, he's likely calling any bet. It's a principle that a lot of players exploit in hold 'em, too.

Grumbledook

Grumbledook

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you don't have to pot the turn

but if you potted the flop it may convince him you don't have the flush (or the nut one at that)

this is low limits no need to get fancy, get the money in imho

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if im in his shoes, im calling pot bets and maybe even raising with the 2nd nut flush heads up unless i know that the person im heads up agaisnt is a nit.

T

TheCody86

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if im in his shoes, im calling pot bets and maybe even raising with the 2nd nut flush heads up unless i know that the person im heads up agaisnt is a nit.

The min raise is an instant red flag for Villain. I'd flat call with the 2nd best possible hand in a second facing that.

H

HeroCall

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bubba you need to reevalute your starting hands on omaha, but as play I think you make a smallish raise on the river like make it 11 to go in hopes of getting a little value out of the trashy hand your playing