Was my play correct here, TP with straight draw.

Shady Vision

Shady Vision

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From a results end, it was fine. But that's not what I'm after, I'm curious if I had calculated my odds properly for the hand to make the call.

I figured my odds on the turn call to be roughly 2.9:1. I also figured to have 13 outs (7's,Q's,10's,J's) which would need 2.5:1 odds for a call.

The guy was really loose and called anything and bet anything so there were a large range of hands to put him on, really he could have had anything.

***** Hand History for Game 4881336335 *****
$25 NL Texas Hold'em - Friday, August 04, 09:15:12 ET 2006
Table Table 107972 (real money)
Seat 2 is the button
Total number of players : 5
Seat 1: PwittyPwitt ( $27.15 )
Seat 4: MiSjap ( $21.80 )
Seat 2: Shady_Vision ( $26.45 )
Seat 3: TimIsAces ( $42.30 )
Seat 6: p_larkin99 ( $31.85 )
TimIsAces posts small blind [$0.10].
MiSjap posts big blind [$0.25].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Shady_Vision [ Td Js ]
p_larkin99 calls [$0.25].
PwittyPwitt folds.
Shady_Vision calls [$0.25].
TimIsAces calls [$0.15].
MiSjap checks.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 8d, 9d, Th ]
TimIsAces checks.
MiSjap checks.
p_larkin99 checks.
Shady_Vision bets [$0.75]. Feeler Bet
TimIsAces raises [$1.50]. Typical Re-raise from this player.
MiSjap folds.
p_larkin99 folds.
Shady_Vision calls [$0.75].
** Dealing Turn ** [ 3c ]
TimIsAces bets [$2].
Shady_Vision calls [$2].
** Dealing River ** [ 7c ]
TimIsAces checks.
Shady_Vision bets [$2].
TimIsAces calls [$2].
Shady_Vision shows [ Td, Js ] a straight, seven to jack.
TimIsAces doesn't show [ 6c, 7h ] a straight, six to ten.
Shady_Vision wins $11.40 from the main pot with a straight, seven to jack.

As always, any suggestions are welcome.

Z

zoomah

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i wouldnt call a raise on a str8 draw unless the raise is smaller ½ as small as the pot

S

Styrofoam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I fold here, too many hands have you beat, and your outs aren't pure. Hands played at these levels are way too varied to put him on any one hand. As it stands, you sucked out on the river, and he made a crying call when he should have folded with the ignorant straight. He could have already had you dominated (JQ) and you'd only be fighting for half the pot, and he'd be freerolling to the absolute nuts if a K came on the turn or river. He could have had A10, K10, or Q10, all played waaay to often. he could have already made his ignorant straight (which he did) and your remaining 10s and jacks are useless making you only able to make a higher straight to win. I'd say you have ~10% chance to win this hand after the flop and the call of the raise was bad imo.

His lack of protecting a straight that wasn't the nuts was the worst play in this hand though. he absolutely HAS to raise more than min-raise to protect this absolutely vulnerable hand. But thats not the point. You drew against odds to make your straight,

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Given that villain is a lag, your line looks fine to me.

Styro, I think you're underestimating hero's win% given his read on villain.

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's very read-depended as Dorkus implies. He could be betting at you with K9. Against a tight player it's a fold on the turn, but if they're loose, your top pair might be good, and your draw gives extra value.

I'd have liked to have seen a bigger bet on the river. There's $7.25 in the pot, and the chances of his having JQ are low, especially since he's checked to you rather than value-bet. He's been betting into you, so I'd make it $4 or 5 for him to see.