Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Live home game 7 handed.

Cutoff-Hero $475 dealt 6,8o
SB: $200 new player
BB: $700 seems ok, has been catching a sick run of cards

Folds around to Hero and I call for $2 just to see a flop in late position and table has not been aggressive at all preflop.

Flop: 5,6,7r
SB: $15
BB: Call $15
Hero: ??

I didn’t know whether to call with my draw here or raise. If someone had A7 or K7, 2 pair or an overpair I was afraid they’d reraise and I wouldn’t get to see the turn. I realize an overpair was unlikely given the preflop action. But I’m interested to see how people would play this (size of raise etc.) especially since it was a limped pot.

Thanks,
Red Dawn

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To be honest w/ you I fold here, both preflop and flop. You aren't getting the odds to chase the OESD and you could very easily be drawing dead already.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a tough spot. SB donked into the table pretty hard, overbetting the pot. Thus, the pot is offering you 2.4:1. Assuming we're drawing to 8 live straight outs, we have a 4:1 draw to make a straight on the turn. So we're not getting odds to chase our straight.

We're also not getting implied odds. Our straight outs are incredibly obvious, and no one with half a brain would pay us off when we hit. Also, we're probably drawing to a tie more than half the time.

Given those following reasons, I fold this. Maybe if the small blind had checked, and the huge stack had bet out for a pot sized bet, then we can think about calling or raising. But these raggy straight draws rarely turn out of well from my experience.

/me votes for fold.