Not sure I played this correctly :)

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since the flop is multiway you can consider just folding on the flop.

As played, calling turn is fine given the price you are getting.

I would probably lead out in the river in this spot since he has made hand (like his) that will check behind the river but may call a bet.

Also all the hands that would bet themselves are unlikely backdoor flushes that will likely call a bet as well.

The one hand you could maybe get a bluff from is JT, but i'm not sure if he would've played it this way.

Thanks for sharing, fun hand!

Ichione

Ichione

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd have done the same.. your odds just keep getti better & the price is right..

I'd definitely call the flop, for a 0.06 3bet since I have a feeling people raise to that w/ all sorts of hands @ this level.. ofcourse unless it's a tourney & reaching it's final stages..

U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Evan, where is your hand? I want to help you, but can't see the hand.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
CO only has 13BB left and puts in 3BB preflop. BTN makes the call. I think, this looks like a great spot to isolate CO and look to play a flip with him with some dead money in the pot. So I would 3-bet this to exactly 13BB and then go from there. It would also not be a mistake to simply fold and hope for CO to either go bust or at least dubble up in this hand.

Flop
The issue with just calling preflop is, that CO is like a landmine waiting to explode. He will have a pot sized bet left, and when he jam on the flop, he can often still have almost anything. BTN probably know this, so it creates an awkward situation, where I guess, you kind of have to call with a hand like this, although it certainly does not feel great.

Turn
Other than an A or 8, this was one of the best cards for you, since now you have a real draw. You also still have a pair, so I dont see much point in betting out. A better hand would never fold, and worse hands would rarely call. So check-calling seems fine, even though he is giving you a fairly bad price.

River
Now I would donk shove. I think, he has something after betting big on the turn into a dry side pot, but its also a scary card to him, and he will check back a lot of hands, that would pay you off including the one, he actually had.

Conclusion
I think, your preflop call created a very awkward postflop spot, which is probably not going to be profitable for you in the long run. This time you were able to win a nice side pot against BTN, but you got very lucky here to beat him with a runner-runner. As played you also missed some value on the river by checking to him again.

M

Mybeardisevil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for your feedback everyone!

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did play them but it was not good at all and I hope to return with a more solid bankroll and be able to destroy all the tables