Did I make the correct lay down here?

U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, but don't do this min raise. I think you like to do that. Just call or raise bigger, if you think the hand is good enough. In this case just call, call, call...You can fold with TP OTR if the size is huge.

messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
hand reviews

every hand played calls for assessment of position and situation, given that you have been taking notes doesn't matter what hand you have putting your opponent on a range and figuring out what his most likely to call or bluff with then acting might call for a fold or a raise but remember to size your bet correctly

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You open from the late position with AK, the villain donkbet on the flop, with half pot... I prefer to 3 bet at least 3 times his bet here, you had top pair with top kicker, the villain can have anything better, but you can't assume this without try to press he.

With this hand you can't had afraid without enough reads. Fold for his allin are ok, but maybe it's a bluff, or he had an A with a worst kicker, the way you had played the flop make him play in this way.

Play with aggression this spots...

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I think that you made a small mistake when lay down TPTK. Above all I agree with guys who think that pre flop raise can be a little bigger at micro level nl2. So raise 4x for me is a standard at this level. As played - opponent seems to be a weak player, because he played too small 3bet on the flop and usually players like him are inexperienced. The flop seems to be safe, no draws, so in this situation I think we can risk and we can go allin with TPTK. The turn card seems to be safe, the turn card change nothing. Yes sometimes opponent will have pocket pair on a hand and sometimes he will hit a set and later we lose with TPTK, but I think that in longrun we can't fold TPTK. GL :)

D

Delfino

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes. Don't lose the whole stack with a single pair. I would make bigger raise on the flop though.

M

Mybeardisevil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best lay down ever. Well done!
Thanks! Hope you aren't being sarcastic 🤭
This player is pretty loose passive, so fact he bet so strongly I put him on a set 🙈

U

userme4321

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good call. Most people would not fold. Tough thing folding with that hand.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This hand went off the rails, because you raised the flop. In general there are only 3 reasons to raise on the flop or turn:

1) You want to build the pot, so you can play for stacks on the river
2) You want your opponent to fold
3) Its a wet board and you want to get it all in on the turn to price out draws or take away their implied odds

You had TPTK with a stack to pot ratio (SPR) of around 9 on a dry board. You are obviously not bluffing, there are no draws, and its also not a situation, where its default to play for stacks with a one pair hand. So the more normal play is to just call and basically plan on calling him down on any decent runout. However if you do raise, then you have basically decided to play for stacks, and therefore folding is a mistake. You failed to make a plan and have a clear reason for, what you were doing.

As the hand played out I also have to say, that I think, his line look bluffy. When you clicked him back on the flop, he clicked again, which ok he might do that with a nutted hand. That is certainly possible. But why then would he move all in on the turn for 2 times the pot? It was a very dry board, so its not like, he would need to panick about draws. So why would he not give you a better price and get the rest in on the river?

I think, you got owned a little bit here by a fish. When you just called his extra 6c, he figured out, you were not interested in playing for stacks, and then he went for it on the turn. Maybe I am completely wrong about this, and it also does not matter. Because next time you just call his donk bet, and then this weird line of action can not take place :)